• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Come To Papa IV: Turning Point - July 20th, 2013 - Orlando, FL

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
A few main things!
This will be run in conjunction with Apple Jelly' and Exdeath's "Road To Papa", in April and May (Respectively). Those who place well at Road To Papa I/II will be given seeding points for Come To Papa IV.

Second thing. We would like to put a pot bonus in Come to Papa IV. So, we are taking donations, and will be collecting some of the door fee from the locals in the next few months in order to sponsor it.
This is going to be the FINAL tournament of our Orlando Summer Mini Circuit. There are two qualifiers for seeding points:
Road To Papa I
Road to Papa II

• 3 stocks
  • 8 minute timer
  • 2/3 sets, with 3/5 grand finals
  • Coaching is allowed between sets
  • Doubles will start precisely at noon (Ten depending on attendance)
  • Singles will start at 2pm
  • MK BANNED
Door Fee: Depends on the venue​
Door Fee (includes pizza): 3$​
Singles: 5$​
Doubles:3$​
All Brawl: 2$​
Random Partner Random Doubles Super Randoms - 2$​
(these prices do NOT reflect the locals and regionals)
1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Neutrals
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Counterpicks
Final Destination
Yoshis Island Brawl
Delphino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Distant Planet
Brinstar
**But you get two bans!**

**Times for events**
**10-11am: Sign ups.
**11am-3pm - Doubles
** Pools Begin During WF of doubles**3pm - Singles begins
**7pm - Begin the side tournaments.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'll go for Doubles... And I hope Daisy is there.. I need to ask him if he'd like to team up with me though and if he's going. If not, I'll have to go singles...

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I was deciding if i should stick to mid tier doubles again. But the only problem is that i'm trying to get state and some out of state attendance as well. I'm still bannin' MK.

What does everyone think?

Like this post for Mid Tiers Doubles.

SAX

Smash Ace
Oh damn, I'm so late on seeing the mk ban.

Guess PM is my only hope for coming to this D:

LIKE THIS IF YOU WANT PROJECT M AT THIS TOURNAMENT!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Raising up the cash needed for this.

Will lie to mom that I don't have any when I have to.
30 plus 20 for ganon ditto gogogo.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Going to attempt all events at this tournament along with my Snowboard Kids money match with Admiral Funk along with whoever else is interested.

#potfillerforlife
#BeatFunk

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Bump.

Hey Mink, I'm going to try to make it to this. If its a mid-tier tourney you're looking for, you can't count out :ike:

And guess who happens to main Ike.

Shirou12

Smash Rookie
Im a new member on here, but i would like to join this tournament if that's ok with everybody else?

Well only if i can play as Donkey Kong & Mario Im cool with :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you can join whatever tourney you want bro. Just show up at the right place at the right time with the minimum required amount of dollars (no cards)

Top Bottom