• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

combos

Traceur Assassin

Smash Cadet
what type of combos do u use to rack up damage with lucario??? the aaa combo is ok but i like using AAsideB which grabs the opponent and pushes thus giving me time to think and follow up appropriately. comments??

Milln

Smash Champion
To be honest, jab cancelling doesn't really work with people, so your combo...you'll probably get hit out of it or miss altogether.

I tend to fair > fair > dair/FSJ/nair/Aura Sphere a lot and also like utilt spam and ending from there. =o
Just a couple of the ones available.

Traceur Assassin

Smash Cadet
To be honest, jab cancelling doesn't really work with people, so your combo...you'll probably get hit out of it or miss altogether.

I tend to fair > fair > dair/FSJ/nair/Aura Sphere a lot and also like utilt spam and ending from there. =o
Just a couple of the ones available.

actually i dont jab cancel i just do the AA and then sideb. it works everytime i use it so idk... maybe i just have the timing down or something but i have not missed with it yet.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yep. I discovered this myself today. It certainly works with no jab canceling required. Against most characters you can get two jabs in, but against lighter characters and when Lucario is at higher %, you can use just one jab and get the same effect.

I tested this with a second controller and it's not blockable or dodgable in any way. It is indeed a true combo.

You can also add an extra attack to this: use a landing Nair at low % and chain into AAForcepalm. You can then chainthrow them with force palm for a nice combo.

Lucario can also trap most characters in his up tilt until about 30%.

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
fair off the stage to dair works good. up-b to the ledge, ledge jumnp and bair.

Milln

Smash Champion
Meteor Smash is an attack that sends the opponent straight down with little in the ways of their recovery. Footstool jumps send them downward, but slowly, but if you actually get it off (which is easy because fair lines you up almost perfectly) they have a little bit where they can't recover, which enables you to edge guard them easily because you know what they'll do.

It's just fair > midair jump > dair as soon as you're lined up.

Captain Stupid

Smash Apprentice
that is a good combo in fair>jump>dair.
this isnt a combo but a very good attack. use aura sphere (you have to learn the distance on your own cause its hard to exlpain in workds) while they are on the edge of the stage in the act of getting on, if they press up to normally get up they will have a face full of aura sphere, if they attack, depending on the character it will do the same, if they roll they will generally end up infront of you since you are facing the back end to them and you can shoot them with the charged b.
just an opinion

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
When low to the ground I often fair>fair>AA>Forcepalm. Easily my favorite combo and it racks up some nice damage. If they are at a low percentage when you start you can try to chase them down and throw a couple more fairs in, or a short hop to Aura Shere.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
When they're at 0% (depending on the character of course) fthrow > fthrow > force palm > fair > fair > nair from there I back up and charge my aura sphere

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
Ive found that theres a very effective and almost unavoidable combo once performed:

short hop>Fair>Fair> as u touch the ground you do a shield grab> a couple of grab hits> down throw>full jump>fair>fair>dair>fast fall>force palm> and if u can finish it with down smash

is best to do this combo at low percentages or when you do the down throw they will fly too far and u wont reach them with both fairs.

Milln

Smash Champion
Ive found that theres a very effective and almost unavoidable combo once performed:

short hop>Fair>Fair> as u touch the ground you do a shield grab> a couple of grab hits> down throw>full jump>fair>fair>dair>fast fall>force palm> and if u can finish it with down smash

is best to do this combo at low percentages or when you do the down throw they will fly too far and u wont reach them with both fairs.
"Fair> as u touch the ground you do a shield grab"

combo stops there and becomes a string. fair has some landing lag and not enough hitstun at low percentages.

O.d.L

Smash Rookie
thanks for the help

i my favorite combo is the aaforcepalm and then the force palm chain, and when i can't reach them anymore throw the aura sphere fully charged

it works nice for me... and the dair is just lovely on and off the stage :p

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
"Fair> as u touch the ground you do a shield grab"

combo stops there and becomes a string. fair has some landing lag and not enough hitstun at low percentages.
why dont you try it with a player who DI away from you and see the results... it works for me perfectly you just need to be patient and try to land every hit with the right timing

Top Bottom