• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo's and Pseudo Combo's list and discussion

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
This thread is under construction and will be updated periodically even if it looks like it's dead =P

Brawl is terrible for actual combo's because theres lots of escape room, however some still exist and pseudo combo's aren't bad, Pseudo combo's can be also as bad as combo's because their ability to scape they can force the opponent to do something in expectation of a hit, which can make them inescapable with proper prediction.

Hopefully we can find a combination of something or a compilation of attacks.

Asteriks (*) mean that depending on the character you can continue the combination with *insert* (this will hopefully vanish at some point with just a list of who gets hit by what)
List:

Combos:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178435
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194795
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=189699
Egg lay - taunt: Best combo in the game, use whenever you can, equivalent of asking someone to "Show me your moves"

Pseudo Combos:
Back air - Egg toss: works on larger opponents hard to do, appears to be a pseudo combo.

Back air - ftilt" Auto-cancel your back air into a forward tilt.

Bair->Ftilt->Dtilt[: Extension to back air-ftilt pseudo-combo.

Back air U-air: while in the air, there seems to be a small period of time after the back air you can hit with a u-air leaving them a very small window to escape.

Back air - Utilt: a Quick attack sequence

Bair - Utilt - PivotGrab: An extention to the back air-utilt pseudo-combo.

N-air - D-smash: obviously needs quite low percentages.

Jab - DownB:hit the jab and then hit hit with a grounded down special.

Dair - DownB:" Best used on someone who is in the air, about a sh distance above the ground, D-air them and the hits should cause yoshi to end his attack just as he touches the ground leaving room for a quick Down Special, you can attempt to jab before hand however.

Undecided:

Bigman40
Bair - Rising Fair

Utilt- SH - double Uair* FH/SH Uair*Rising Uair/Fair: You could tech chase if you land the Fair, and continue the "combo"

Fair - Uair

EggToss - Usmash
EggToss - Grab

Ftilt - Ftilt

Bair - Nair - SH - Bair - Nair
Just trying to help out >.>

Mmac
Jab Combo > Grab > Fthrow > Usmash > Uair, Usmash, DownB, or Egg Toss

Jab Combo > Grab > Fthrow Off Ledge > Fair
Gindler
Bair->Ftilt->Dtilt

Shiri
Falling back air - forward tilt - up tilt , powerful combo.
Shiri's Smex combo? Back air- Back-air F-air/N-air
YoshiIslander77z

rising dair at edge of stage > neutral air
edge canceled eggs>rising dair at edge of stage > neutral air
rising bair from stage > other bair combos
dair off stage > neutral air or footstool
Piginabag
Full hop- Dair - Uair
And also what is Pseudo and what's a real combo.

Other stuff/Current Stuff:

Eventually I will remove the quotes (put your names in a credit thing) and then organize them, based on how they start and then put like a what does the most damage thing.
Also trying to get down percentages of when applicable and when not applicable, on each character >.>

Time to start putting the undecided into their respective positions >.>

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
The second hit of the jab combo to Dtilt works sometimes. I've tested it in training mode and it does combo at some percentages.

bigman40

Smash Master
The ones I might post aren't "true" combos, and require some good mindgames if you want to land them (might not be the same case for every combo I can post though). You still want those?

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
combos= inescapable.

Pseudo combo's can be escapable so I think your stuff would clasify as Pseudo then, which I'd like to see with Combo's as they are still quite useful.

bigman40

Smash Master
K then. *cracks knuckles* Here's the list. A few I'm still testing, and some I've gotten on my friends (they do not suck.) I'll mention the ones we know already too.

Bair -> Rising Fair (spike)
Utilt-> SH, double Uair -> (depends on character) FH/SH Uair -> Rising Uair/Fair (You could tech chase if you land the Fair, and continue the "combo")
Fair (spike) -> Uair
EggToss -> Usmash
EggToss -> Grab
Bair -> Utilt -> PivotGrab
Ftilt -> Ftilt
Rising Bair -> Bair (maybe? haven't messed with this yet)
Jab -> DownB
Dair -> DownB (maybe?)
(both moves in one SH) Bair -> Nair -> Bair -> Nair =P
I could go into pseudos with the DR but I'm still working on the DR.

Scala

Smash Ace
If you ask me, yoshi (and many other characters) is all about creating combos as you play. As soon as you start making lists like this, your gameplay becomes repetitive and people will figure out thhow to stop you. If you're constantly changing your combos, the opponent will be dazed and confused.

Anyways, become one with the yoshi (and bair -> utilt)

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Ill update in a bit.

D-air to Down B would be a hassle, for one you'd have to be high up, and the ideal place would be right over the ledge so you can cancel the special into the ledge (although not necessary), isn't there however a huge window of escape?
Or are you talking about like D-air them into the ground and then Ground Down Special?

True Scala but if you had a compilation of all you could do. Then you could know your options and make safer choices or determine the risk - reward of your next move, also it's good to have a library of info at your finger tips >.>
Eg,
Your Facing a Bowser, your at 90% he's at 30%, you charge
in Back air then say "What next? Well egg toss to u-air would be good right now becomes it would send him upwards and theres also back air -ftilt -utilt which keeps him closer to the ground.

D

Deleted member

Rising fair to uair(i did this in tourny today, it was pretty beast).

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Falling back air to forward tilt to up tilt gives most (and I do mean most) of the cast a quick 34% from 0%.

Yoshi's best combos are done on the spot, I think, but there are lots that may work out-of-the-box like the ones you guys have already listed and the one I've posted above.

The Shiri Combo and the Shiri Combo Mk. II are still awesome, even if they aren't 100% guaranteed.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Jab Combo > Grab > Fthrow > Usmash > Uair, Usmash, DownB, or Egg Toss

Jab Combo > Grab > Fthrow Off Ledge > Fair

They both work really well, especially if they dodge right away to reduce DI

Gindler

Smash Champion
Kinda like Shiri's and one of my personal favs is Bair->Ftilt->Dtilt (Dsmash isn't as reliable but if you want, go for it). It's not as good as ending in Utilt the more I think about it though. Just never occured to me to end with Utilt *shrugs*

Oh, and what are the shiri combo and shiri combo mk. II?

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
i agree with scala, but its always nice to look for possibilities to fair people on the ground, as it usually leads to an easy Uair or upsmash

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
i use alot of edge combo (hense da brawl name "Edge"). so some are lettin go of da edge and using a raising dair and then hit with neutal air. it works even if they shield it, if timed right and is pretty ez. this also works off da edge but can be risky (with neutal air). i only do the offstage one if i am up a stock cause it will almost always kill chars with a mediore recovery . also this works if u ece first then do it., also if u dont want da lag when u miss u can use a back air

copy and paste part made ezer for us yoshi ppl
rising dair at edge of stage > neutal air
ece>rising dair at edge of stage > neutal air
rising bair from stage > other bair combos
dair off stage > neutal air or footstool

also sometime at the beginning of a match dsmash hit both > bair

Piginabag

Smash Rookie
A full Dair to Uair at low percents works on fat characters I'm pretty sure..

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
got it all :)

Organization will follow suit soon.

Discuss stuff >.>

Also what else should I do, im hoping to get like a small faq or something up on combo's and ideal situations.

Gindler

Smash Champion
:yoshi: Shiri Combo is Egg Lay to Taunt.

Shiri Combo Mk. II is slightly more complicated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZuOEPCauU

I like what I'm seeing in this thread; I need to use down tilt to continue and finish combos more.
Ah, I've done the mk. II once and it was on snake too (guess he's easiest) I had no idea that combo had a name though :chuckle: I'll have to make sure to practice that one for the future.:laugh:

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
in case anyone wants to be in the loop I'm going to sweep through what works and when it works throughout this week (though I might not finish)
If im lucky I can stay home since im sick but whatever >.>

Top Bottom