• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo with DK

ekw808

Smash Cadet
im not sure if people have already done this before but a downthrow grab followed by a ftilt? it does 17 damage but it only works wen the opponent has 0-24 hp

ekw808

Smash Cadet
im not sure if people have already done this before but a downthrow grab followed by a ftilt? it does 17 damage but it only works wen the opponent has 0-24 hp (that was with pikachu) that 0-24 is prolly higher with heavier chars

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you guys should always go for a d tilt after d toss at low %. if it trips them(80% chance) then you can fallow up with down b to get in a sure-fire 30%

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
you guys should always go for a d tilt after d toss at low %. if it trips them(80% chance) then you can fallow up with down b to get in a sure-fire 30%
****, thanks ripple, i used to do this, but for some reason they would never trip. :(

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I am unlucky :(

The Unlawful Salmon

Smash Cadet
When I can I go: Grab, smack, smack, Dthrow, Ftilt, and depending on if it trips or not I may go for a grounded upB since a full/fresh one does 30%+ alone. It also has the benefit SA framing out quick jabs to disrupt you.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Old combo is old man, very old. But I never thought of the d-tilt afterwards. Is it as assured as the f-tilt after d-grab? but thanks Ripple

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
When I can I go: Grab, smack, smack, Dthrow, Ftilt, and depending on if it trips or not I may go for a grounded upB since a full/fresh one does 30%+ alone. It also has the benefit SA framing out quick jabs to disrupt you.

f tilt has too much ending lag(lol weird) for you to start a grounded up b. they are likely to roll away from you or a get up attack to cancel your attack. with down b it doesn't matter how they get up, they will get hit.

Old combo is old man, very old. But I never thought of the d-tilt afterwards. Is it as assured as the f-tilt after d-grab? but thanks Ripple
yes, its even faster than f tilt and trips better, and has less lag, which leads to more options.

btw no problem

The Unlawful Salmon

Smash Cadet
f tilt has too much ending lag(lol weird) for you to start a grounded up b. they are likely to roll away from you or a get up attack to cancel your attack. with down b it doesn't matter how they get up, they will get hit.
UpB(which works better on certain characters, and mostly at really low %s) does a lot more damage than downB. You generally have to make a short run at them if they are at higher %, which probably means switching to downB instead.

Ftilt is definitely a lot slower than Dtilt though.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
are you sure it's 80%??
if so I am extremely unlucky, it seems to me like more of a 50-50 chance to trip but maybe that's just my perception.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
are you sure it's 80%??
if so I am extremely unlucky, it seems to me like more of a 50-50 chance to trip but maybe that's just my perception.
its 80% based on weight and %

there is an 80% chance on

Jiggs at 0-8% (lightweights)
mario 11-15% (midweights)
DDD at 20-26% (heavyweights)

give or take a few %

otherwise its like 15% at high % and 0% past 80 on most

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
I usually do down throw f tilt but when at 0% I do use d tilt + down b ofcourse...when they're at higher percentage and they DI your down tilt won't hit, especially the lighter characters so then I use f tilt..(f tilt also trips if you're REALLY lucky :))

ekw808

Smash Cadet
i dont tihnk down throw into a dtilt works that well b/c i was tryin it out in trainin mode against marth and most of the time he jus jumps after the dthrow or he is already to far away to do the dtilt at 0%, with the dthrow to ftilt its a true combo. I play with the help on so i can see if it actually reads as a combo and dtilt doesnt work. mayb im doin it wrong? but i dthrow walk a lil bit nd dtilt.

also what r your comments on dk's defense of shielding or stationary dodge into a down smash?

Top Bottom