• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Video by Local team PXB

ChanseyMaster

Smash Cadet
Yes, I was wondering as to how good I was in the video (I played Samus in the final part)
Any comments/criticism is appreciated.

[ChanseyMaster]

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I can't rate how good you are unless I play against you. I'd be able to critique you or your friends if you post the individual matches that the combos from your video comes from. I would like to see what you're doing when you are not doing a combo too. Then I'd get a better idea of how you play against each other.

MasterHI

Smash Rookie
Sorry guys, changed the title and everything should be a little more clear.

ChanseyMaster

Smash Cadet
RA, if you can't directly rate us as players, can you at least tell us how you thought the video was generally? We just want any feedback.

[ChanesyMaster]

MasterHI

Smash Rookie
Marth/FalcoPro can you please specify why it is bad and tell us how you feel on the marths part and the samus part. We really would appreciate the criticism so we can work to get better.

shanus

Smash Hero
agreed with marth/falcon, where are the combos? I just see consecutive hits without anyone teching or DI'ing. lots of missed l cancels, and just things which would never work against anyone good. sorry bro, really your best bet is to read your character specific forum and really learn the skills for each

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Okay, for the marth:
-learn to l-cancel more consistantly
-don't usmash so much
-most of the combos shown could have been avoided easily by teching or DIing
-there were a few times when fsmash would have been a better choice than shield breaker

For the Ganon:
-LEARN TO TECH/DI
-dont use that kick to spike people so much
-dthrow>jab or uair is very useful
-dont use his neutral air too much
-reverse uair to kill more
-shffl dairs out of shield more
-or just shffl out of shield in general

Falco:
-Learn to shine combo
-shffl ALOT more
-SHL!!!!!!!!!!!
-the dthrow stuff on the fox could have been avoided if he just step dodged or rolled or something
-DI!!!!!!!!!!! you could have gotten out of the chaingrabbing so easily(not sure if this was the same falco but it goes for anyone)
-
The samus has the basics and all that down. You actually l-cancel and combo correctly for the most part. People could have avoided being killed a few times if they would just wait instead of up-Bing right into a missle or something. WORK ON ALL THIS STUFF ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

not really sure if i missed anything but i think thats most of it. keep postin vids and stuff to show your improvement.

ChanseyMaster

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot for all of the information. The Ganondorf is a little new, so I'll inform him on what he should do, and the Falco...well, let's just say he's not the best on the team (even if the team as a whole isn't that great)

Anyway, thanks again. We'll be sure to make these inprovements in our next video.
Still, this video is open for discussion so anyone that has anything to say, feel free to say it.

[ChanseyMaster]

metroid1117

Smash Master
that falco is terrible
Great advice.

Marth
- Use more shffl'd attacks in general, especially NAir, FAir, sh double FAir, and (this is personal preference) FAir -> UAir in the same short-hop (it's easiest to do the UAir with the C-stick).
- Don't rely on throw -> dash attack as much.
- Learn how to use UTilt in alternate directions (UTilt to the left -> UTilt to the right); don't use USmash as much.
- (Also personal preference) You can use Dolphin Slash or Reverse Dolphin Slash in close-ranged combat for a surprise KO at high %'s.
- You didn't miss it too many times, but perfect l-canceling DAir.

Ganondorf
- L-CANCEL!
- Learn how to recover; use Wizard's Boot -> jump as many times as possible when recovering.
- Don't spike with Wizard's Boot if it's unnecessary; you can suicide from it (2:29).
- Use UAir and DAir more.

Falco
- Learn how to pillar.
- Learn how to shl.

Samus
Meh, I haven't used Samus in ages and I don't know how to play a good one, so I have nothing to criticize about. Also, I HIGHLY doubt that was actually Zelgadis. You can see my reasoning in my YouTube comment.

Top Bottom