• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Help?

Quag

Smash Rookie
I will, if you tell me how. Also, the problem I am having I that I get destroyed within their grab ranges, and uair isn't always a reliable spacing move for me.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I will, if you tell me how. Also, the problem I am having I that I get destroyed within their grab ranges, and uair isn't always a reliable spacing move for me.

You're not supposed to consistently stay in their range ever. Captain Falcon moves in and out. He doesn't have staying power, which is why he doesn't rush down like other characters. He bob's and weave's. Flows across the battlefield like an autumn wind. I'm tired so I'm writing like a writing person, but the point is, Captain Falcon excels at poking, so to speak. You move into their space when it is most beneficial to you, hit them as hard as you can, and leave before they try to get fresh with ya. That's Captain Falcon's goal.

Quag

Smash Rookie
You're not supposed to consistently stay in their range ever. Captain Falcon moves in and out. He doesn't have staying power, which is why he doesn't rush down like other characters. He bob's and weave's. Flows across the battlefield like an autumn wind.
Yes I do know but I can't even get into a range in which I can hit them at all. I can't get a hit in unless they just spam fair. If they don't I either have to run away to try to find a weak spot (which there rarely is) or get my shield pressured constantly the moment that I thought that there was an opening. Maybe I can't beat a character that out ranges me, because it's seeming so to me.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Yes I do know but I can't even get into a range in which I can hit them at all. I can't get a hit in unless they just spam fair. If they don't I either have to run away to try to find a weak spot (which there rarely is) or get my shield pressured constantly the moment that I thought that there was an opening. Maybe I can't beat a character that out ranges me, because it's seeming so to me.
Take to the platforms, come at them from above or just bait them. Also use double jump->stomp or knee. I'm always wavelanding on platforms, and using them to my advantage.

Top Bottom