• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combating Dk

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
I would like to apologize for writing three (3) whole paragraphs in response to your post. I have heard your complaint and have taken it upon myself to conclude that your reading capacity is around the same as a primary school student's and will consider that when responding to you, sacrificing clarity for brevity.

Now:
No it's not, you even said It was correct.
When you make strong universal claims like "all attacks act as such", I only need to provide one counterexample to prove it false. Not only did I take the liberty to explain why you were wrong in your first paragraph, I provided several counterexamples to falsify your claim. Nowhere in my post did I say anything that would support your ideas.

I'm sorry if that 'paragraph' was a bit too long-winded. I'll make my next point very brief.

You brought up a good point about the fixed attacks like Fox's uair, Ness's Utilt, etc... But that doesn't mean what I said was all wrong lol.
Not only was what you said not really right, you followed it up with the most wrong example you could have come up with

And further still:
The argument against that being Pikachu's dair vs downB is irrelevant because you're talking about the lighting bolt it's self not the thunder impact, that knockback is always to the side and upward, it is a fixed hitbox like you said but it's not fixed-fixed, it has a knockback multiplier.
LMAO

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I would like to apologize for writing three (3) whole paragraphs in response to your post. I have heard your complaint and have taken it upon myself to conclude that your reading capacity is around the same as a primary school student's and will consider that when responding to you, sacrificing clarity for brevity.

Now:

When you make strong universal claims like "all attacks act as such", I only need to provide one counterexample to prove it false. Not only did I take the liberty to explain why you were wrong in your first paragraph, I provided several counterexamples to falsify your claim. Nowhere in my post did I say anything that would support your ideas.

I'm sorry if that 'paragraph' was a bit too long-winded. I'll make my next point very brief.

Not only was what you said not really right, you followed it up with the most wrong example you could have come up with

And further still:

LMAO
Lol you missed the entire point you're still writing walls of text. Congratulations on making a point, too bad all the extra stuff made it invalid.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry you don't like reading.
It seems you also missed the point of the change in the style of my posts.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry you don't like reading.
It seems you also missed the point of the change in the style of my posts.
Not sure if I ever understood your point aside from about SSB64 directly. Your entire argument is the fact there is different types of hitboxes for attacks that have fixed and somewhat fixed knockbacks. I already admitted I gave a bad example and didn't go into as much depth as to bring up the different types of attack hitboxes. However my entire subject was about the matter of priority in the game, I in no way shape or form was talking about the hitboxes specifically aside from the general rule applying to the most regular hitbox type which has a knockback based on the base damage it does that is multiplied by someone's %. These hitboxes also include weakspots.

You saying it's all wrong is COMPLETELY wrong. The only reason why I disputed anything with you is because you completely disregarded my factual statements. I have no reason to argue with you over anything else, all you have done here is essentially attack me. You're poisoning the well cuddly, I never expected such vicious argumentative behavior from you.

When you make strong universal claims like "all attacks act as such", I only need to provide one counterexample to prove it false.
Burden of proof.

Zeds

Smash Apprentice
wtf are you talking about cuddly lmao go back into your hole

see you next month when i accidentally check smashboards

Top Bottom