• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Smashfest Biweeklies at Soapsies- God Deezy!

soap

Smash Hero
you morrill tower kids should get in touch with cryb and lou to get some kind of carpool thing going cuz its a looong walk from west campus. if you cannot get a ride yu can get in touch with me on my cell (216-571-2806) and i can prolly pick you up but i cannot guarantee rides back as my sobriety by the end of the night is in question, but you're freshman you can walk a bit, i walked down to south campus from morrill plenty of times.

also can i count on anyone to bring a cube for my second tv? i have two tvs in my living room, but only one cube. i also have space in my room for an additional 1-2 setups, so if youve got a small tv you can bring it would be cool, the more the better. if we end up having one setup, this could be kind of lame

soap

Smash Hero
Man I can't wait to play all the Cbus players I've never met before, this post is totally relevant, just so everyone knows.
Good JOb C-bus way to let the young'uns down. im a little dissapointed with the turnout, but I still had a good time playing with you HOlland and D2Lwa.

i was thinking of not hosting anything if nobody in columbus plays anymore, but i realize it may be cuz the middle of the week may be too busy for everyone. (and if it is, why did nobody post something and just pretend like it was cool:confused:).

bottom line these are going to be switched to saturday afternoons, ill update the thread title when i figure out a saturday cuz im busy the next few.

Big_R

Smash Champion
i thought i said i work sun-weds and now thursday and fri cuz work is gay and they ****in overtime the **** outta me.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Lol, if I can make it on a Tuesday, then I'll make it on a Saturday

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
Well, if y'all would have this stuff during the week, I suppose I could swing down and hang out for an hour or 2.....or 3......whatever....anyways, it's only a 2 hour drive, and I know campus pretty well, so if peopleses needz t3h ride, my car has room, so.....decide when the next one of these things is and let me know.

soap

Smash Hero
I don't like smashing on Saturday's... but I'm picky... :p

im kinda busy the next couple weekends, and then its Viperboys thing the weekend after that...man i always seem to be busy on the weekends, but everyone else seems to be busy during the week, which is when i wanna play. as of now, i cant host anything on a saturday until like a month from now, but im good during the week. so post what your best day of the week is and ill take the most popular one. and hit me up if you wanna play, cuz i need some practice.

FrenzieFool

Smash Journeyman
Sun - GF/tourney
Mon - School till 7pm
Tues - School till 7pm, go home sleep till 11pm
Wed - Work 12am to 8am straight into class till 3pm... then sleep sometimes??
Thurs - School till 7pm then gf sometimes
Fri - School till 1pm then gf/tourney
Sat - GF (sometimes)/tourney/go out and party

So between gf school and work I can never smash... :( what's a Frenzie to do...

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
At times like this a Smasher must make choices.....a "real" relationship with an actual person, or a continued romance with a wonderful game......decisions decisions......

po0psmith

Smash Rookie
im from cbus but im at school in Bowling Green. My girlfriend goes to OSU and i visit a lot...if anyone ever gets anything goin on a weekend i'd be there so someone get something together soon!

BuckeyeSmasher

Smash Rookie
*Lightbulb*!

I work at the Ohio Union, so I can see about getting us set up with a nice big room to hold a Smashfest in with a few TVs every other week (last week I set up a 4 TV Halo 3 LAN in Mendenhall 100). So if you guys ever wanna dirty up OSU's place instead of your own let me know and i'll try to get something set up for us!

po0psmith

Smash Rookie
Poopy, you need to come to Season's Beatings this weekend then. I'll post the link up here.

EDIT: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=113346

EDIT EDIT: Man I'm spamming the **** out of this tournament. I think its the 7th time I've copied and pasted it to people.
Mathos, do we need to be there at 11 to regester or can we show up at 1 and still play in the tourny?

mathos

Smash Champion
*Lightbulb*!

I work at the Ohio Union, so I can see about getting us set up with a nice big room to hold a Smashfest in with a few TVs every other week (last week I set up a 4 TV Halo 3 LAN in Mendenhall 100). So if you guys ever wanna dirty up OSU's place instead of your own let me know and i'll try to get something set up for us!
That would be sweet!

Mathos, do we need to be there at 11 to regester or can we show up at 1 and still play in the tourny?
Well registration starts at 11, I'll be there at 10ish. The tournament won't start until 1, but you can't come in like 2 minutes before it starts and be like "Hey I want to enter" because I have to physically make the bracket from the people signed up. Ideally I want to close registration at 12:30 but thats really up to the main hosts, Ghaleon and Fugee.

Sliq

Smash Master
That would be sweet!

Well registration starts at 11, I'll be there at 10ish. The tournament won't start until 1, but you can't come in like 2 minutes before it starts and be like "Hey I want to enter" because I have to physically make the bracket from the people signed up. Ideally I want to close registration at 12:30 but thats really up to the main hosts, Ghaleon and Fugee.
Mathos, if we pre-registered, do we have to show up early before the tournament? I had planned on arriving at 12:30.

mathos

Smash Champion
Mathos, if we pre-registered, do we have to show up early before the tournament? I had planned on arriving at 12:30.
Yes you still have to come early because there's no guarantee that someone that pre-registers is going to show up. Its just an informal headcount.

BuckeyeSmasher

Smash Rookie
say are there gonna be friendlies going on for people who show up real early while they're waiting for the tourny to start? i'm gonna be around til like 5 tomorrow, but my friend has to work, but he still wants to come play a bit. any idea on that setup mathos?

soap

Smash Hero
Im cleaning my house this week, so in commemoration of this memorable event i want to actually have my first biweekly this saturday. this tournament will be "MY HOUSE SMELLS LIKE WEED, VOL. 1" even though it hopefully wont by this weekend

doubles and singles 5 dollar entry per tournament, ill post tournament rules if their is interest posted and i decide to actually host something instead of like 2 people showing up and im just salty, i wanna get some practice before pound

soap

Smash Hero
yo mathos, i cant check the boards from my house as well as i dont know which ruleset to copy etc. can i come over some time this week and get some help

soap

Smash Hero
yo, this weeks not gonna be a tourny its lookin, i gotta plan farther ahead next time, but it will be a kickass smashfest, i got paradigm coming up from dayton with brother in tow, the legendary joe bushman will be in attendance with his homeboy dave, along with mathos, bigr, and god knows who else, you should definitely join us, address in the first post, Starts at 1 pm

and someone bring a second cube, and a small tv if possible, we have a second tv but i dont wanna fux with all the cable cords and moving that tv cuz its heavy

Top Bottom