• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

College!

stoneswithstand

Smash Apprentice
**** I haven't been on this site for a while
Glad to see its still up and running
anyways
I'm going to college next year and I'm really really hoping there's gonna be some people that are into brawl or melee
a challenging roommate would be amazing
but I don't know anything

so for all of you in college now
whats the smash scene like?

Kata

Smash Rookie
I went to Orientation at mine once and saw a two people playing Melee. They were sweating like crazy and doing all that wavedashing stuff. Didn't seem too appealing, and exactly to the right was another television with four people playing Brawl. I wanted to join in, but I didn't have my GC controller so I sat and watched a bit until Orientation started again. There are most likely more, but I just wish that my college will have friendly internet so I can at least play the Wii , my psp or my ds.

Edit - If you go to a fairly big college then the chances are at least one of them likes Brawl.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
There are most likely more, but I just wish that my college will have friendly internet so I can at least play the Wii , my psp or my ds.

Edit - If you go to a fairly big college then the chances are at least one of them likes Brawl.
This. The College network usually restricts me from playing some people online for some reason, yet I can play others just fine... But I'm moving offcampus next semester so it should be better, lol.

Also, my college usually has Brawl tournaments every now and then. They're fun, you should have some too. If you don't then go organize one. lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Might I suggest checking out the regional rooms and asking in the one closest to you? They'll know what your college scene is like.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
I've actually tried to drum up interest in SSB here and there at my college just by talking to people on spec and asking if they might like to play, etc, but I haven't gotten any take :/

Sucks living in a small town.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I've actually tried to drum up interest in SSB here and there at my college just by talking to people on spec and asking if they might like to play, etc, but I haven't gotten any take :/

Sucks living in a small town.
Yeah I live in a small town too. But if you live on campus in a dormroom with Brawl, then it's likely you'll attract people that live close to you to play it with you. Then just try to make that spread even more, lol

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Yeah I live in a small town too. But if you live on campus in a dormroom with Brawl, then it's likely you'll attract people that live close to you to play it with you. Then just try to make that spread even more, lol
Unfortunately, my college has a choice of two dormitory buildings, one of which makes people feel bad about themselves for living there, and the other of which is expensive as ****.

The only guy there who has a reputation for competitive video games is a disjointed friend of mine, but recently abandoned all else in favour of Street Fighter 4 D:

...but I'm far from giving up yet ;) Sooner or later I'd really like to host a tournament, and THEN we'll see who starts pushing up floorboards. ^_^

xsephirot

Smash Apprentice
I went to Orientation at mine once and saw a two people playing Melee. They were sweating like crazy and doing all that wavedashing stuff. Didn't seem too appealing, and exactly to the right was another television with four people playing Brawl. I wanted to join in, but I didn't have my GC controller so I sat and watched a bit until Orientation started again. There are most likely more, but I just wish that my college will have friendly internet so I can at least play the Wii , my psp or my ds.

I go to Virginia Tech (around 25k student body). I've played a couple of intensive tournament guys who were pretty good. The majority of the people I play are just for fun like me.

Plus, college is where you're suppose to learn how to drink light cheap beer, getting munchies at 2 in the morning, and chasing after many girls.

Scott!

Smash Lord
My first tournament was at my college. Granted, it's a sizable school, but you're bound to find people if you look. I also have a roommate who's into Brawl too, so we play a lot. And I have a friend from home who's at this tiny upstate NY school, and they had a tournament with 20+ people. So it's probably just a matter of looking. Good luck in college though!

Top Bottom