• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cold Fingers...do they effect your gameplay?

....Well,they affect mine.Everytime i come out from the cold then play smash,this happens:

-My fingers get stiff

-Can't execute SHFFLC effectivly

-feel numb

-hands dry up.

I hate it,and it really screws with my gameplay techniques.How does it affect you?

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Actually game play actually warms my hands up... For a while its weird and cause me to sometimes roll my hand into a fist at times but otherwise I don't really notice.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
YES! Cold fingers affect everyone's gameplay, for they are much stiffer and react slower than warm fingers. Why do you think athletes "warm-up" before any activity? You need warmth to have effective blood circulation and better reaction.

That's why I'm not a fan of having an open window. Sure sometimes it can get stuffy, but I prefer that over a cold breeze blowing over my hands :(

EDIT: And for the record, gameplay does not warm up my hands. If anything, they cool it, simply because my body is not active enough. My hands can do all they want, but if you don't get the arms moving, the body will see no reason to start pumping more blood to your hands.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Frozen fingers suck..

Kills Dash Dancing, can barely wavedash, can't shake control stick fast enough to get out of grabs.......

but mostly

trying to force a kill for time to warm up my fingers

and its been happenning to me for a while

:(

pdk

Smash Lord
in before "in before the lock!"

anyway, i wouldn't know since i don't remember the last time i played with cold fingers (though i did used to frequently have single fingers become cold after everyday use)

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
i peronally dont like the cold hands, it really does mess up how you can play...and i have noticed that playing more and more actually does make them colder, unless you sweat a bit in your hands...

quak

Smash Champion
Hands work better warm than cold

That's why way back when, the only parts of a convent that was heated were the scribes' rooms.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, a person's manual dexterity/agility is virtually nil in the cold. That's why you should play a few practice matches to get your hands literally warmed up.

Lier

Smash Cadet
whenever i play smash my hands always seem to be cold, it doesnt really affect my gameplay thou. hmm weird :ohwell:

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
And after this thread, your friends are gonna turn up the air conditioner just to beat you with

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
Its not hard guys.

Go to the bathroom and run your hands under some warm water. You'll be fine in a minute or two.

If this does not help and your hands are still cold while you're playing, check to make sure that you are indoors.

Once you have warmed your hands under water and confirmed that you are in fact indoors, should your problem persist, be advised that you have vascular problems with possible blood clots and should see a doctor before you have a cerebral vascular accident.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Cold controllers effect me more than cold hands... Cold hands will effect me for a stock or two, but then they are warm, but cold controllers feel stiff, and colden my hands...

Pose

Smash Apprentice
And after this thread, your friends are gonna turn up the air conditioner just to beat you with
Lmfao lol my friend did that but with a heater to the point where we were sweating and slipping lmao

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I wish I could find a controller with heating/cooling in it. Some sort of Super Wavebird.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
My whole body was cold when I entered a Xbox 360 contest, I really got unlucky that day, everyone sucked except the guy that beat me, he even went on to win the whole competition >.> My hands only get cold when my body is cold =/

NightHawk87

Smash Rookie
Yeah cold hands mess up my game. I get cold hands(and feet sometimes) usually when I don't get enough sleep.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
I like my hands and fingers sweaty. It makes the controller easier to use. But that's also why no one in my group likes to use my controller.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, cold hands affects me as well... but I intentionally make my hands cold, since I like the handicap/variation. Makes gameplay more interesting sometimes- as well as playing upside down or behind your back, heh. I also just love the cold, really.

Ryuker Reo

Smash Apprentice
Ah, yes. Many many things affect someone's gameplay. Cold fingers being one of them. I made a thread about all the stuff that may affect your gameplay about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It should be around.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Cold Nipples help my gameplay.

Cold fingers aren't as bad has ashy fingers or SWEATY fingers.

Or worse... Using a controller after some sweaty dude had a hold of it.

AS Money

Smash Lord
if your haveing problems with it play peach and hit the yellow stick down you should do about as good

thatsmybutta

Smash Journeyman
I had to run from my hotel to the javitz center @ MLG new york for my first match. i played like **** but still won. it was so hard cuz it was like 15 degrees out.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
If it's truly cold outside or wherever you're at, then they can definitely have an effect. Once, my hands were nearly frozen, but the importance of the match made me forget and I ended up doing alright. Mind over matter can come into play and save you or screw you over.

ronin899

Smash Cadet
It definately affects my game. If my hands are cold, I can't really do anything that I want like shuffling and stuff like that. That is why I like my room, it is always warm :)

Top Bottom