• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coke or Pepsi?

Coke or Pepsi

• Coke

Votes: 34 47.2%
  • Pepsi

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Sprite dude... seriously?

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I work at a restaurant that serves Pepsi over Coke. People get straight up aggressive when you don't have Coke and ask "Is Pepsi ok?".
"No it isn't" >:|
We had a person fill out a feedback sheet asking for Coke in capital letters across the whole sheet.

I do prefer coke, but give me water anyday. Sprite if there's a gun to my head. Thanks for the option.
That's kind of funny

Every person I've witnessed is just like "Meh, whatever"

In fact, my family just says coke for any cola. Even if I specifically want pepsi, I'm just like "coke"

Unless the place actually has both. Then I have to specify

D

Deleted member 269706

Coke is just a default for me even though they taste pretty much the same if we're being completely honest. The one time I had to choose Pepsi it tasted more watered down, but in the end I think that they really do taste the same. Though Sprite is easily better with Cream Soda as a close second.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Coke is just a default for me even though they taste pretty much the same if we're being completely honest. The one time I had to choose Pepsi it tasted more watered down, but in the end I think that they really do taste the same. Though Sprite is easily better with Cream Soda as a close second.
They don't taste the same bro pepsi is sweeter

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
I'm fine with both, but I'm a Coke person. Coke is actually one of my favorite things to drink of all time.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Coca Cola is the most successfully marketed brand in the history of the United States, so its not a surprise to hear everyone brainwashingly say Coke is better than Pepsi because that's scientifically false. Unless you prefer battery acid then yea sure.

Last edited:
I like Mexican Coke, but regular canned Coke is like, get outta my face with that. I'm not even a big fan of Pepsi but I would drink that over a canned Coke.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Coke. I also get infuriated when I get Pepsi after ordering Coke. Pepsi is the worst, absolutely non-drinkable. Coke on the other hand is delicious.

DrXenoPootis

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrXenoPootis
3DS FC
3969-6817-9705
Sprite. While some may be turned down by its acidic taste more than coke, Sprite is rather refreshing. Consisting of a lemon-y flavor, sprite does the job when consumed. The duration of the acidic taste is a bit long, but its actually not bad. It encourages you to take shorter sips, rather than consuming in longer sips until the acidic taste kicks in. On the other hand, Pepsi is rather a lower budget version of Coke, where it has a almost non-existent acidic taste and well Pepsi in general doesn't taste refreshing. So tl:dr, sprite is the winner here.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Where in the south? I'm in Mississippi, Dr. Pepper land.

Pepsi FTW tho
Mississippi Pepsi Bros Unite!

But if it had to be any drink, I would say *Gasp*Diet*EndGasp* Root Beer. (And sweet tea :3)

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
If I'm at a restaurant I always order Coke. It's programming to the extreme. If they come back with "we have Pepsi..." I say "cool."

I don't get people who can't fathom the possibility that an eatery may not actually serve Coke products. I think all they have to have available is water, so basically STFU and drink what they have or eat somewhere else. >< Service Industry is for suckers ohwaitiworkatagasstation

AND WTF WITH THE TASTE BUD FAILURES seriously, "they're the same" in what Universe? Coke is sweet like syrup. It gets sticky quick. The carbonation fizz lasts and piles quick. If you don't know how to poor your Coke you'll end up with half of the can on the table and some brown ice in your cup. Pepsi... totally different. The fizz is gone almost right away. Over ice it is sweet but bitter too, and the Vanilla note is far stronger, changing the "cola" flavor to what one identifies as "Pepsi."

I guess it's just me, I have pretty good taste buds (and yet I shouldn't be able to taste anything, I smoke a pack a day, lol). For instance there's a difference between canned soda, 20 oz bottled, 2 ltr bottled, glass bottled, cold, hot, poured over crushed ice, chewy ice, ice cubes blahblahblah, some people go way unhinged over their soda.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Coke. Coke classic tastes good, but what really makes me prefer Coke over Pepsi overall is the fact that Cherry Coke exists. That stuff is da bomb.

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
That crap all tastes the same, never understood people getting bent out of shape over the coke/pepsi thing.

That being said I only drink coke/pepsi when I'm using it as a mixer on a night out or the like, usually just stick to water or fruit juice otherwise. Stuff makes me feel ill if I drink too much of it, way too sickly sweet.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Coke as it taste better than Pepsi.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Since you gave me the choice, I went with Sprite. Can't beat that Lemon-Lime combo.

Last edited:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

Ignoring the debate on taste, Pepsi has always had the best adverts By a mile.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Coke wins, easily. Pepsi goes stale so fast. It will go stale before I even finish the can, and I drink cans pretty darn fast so that isn't a good thing at all. lol

Top Bottom