• Support SmashBoards and get Premium Membership today!

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Co-Founder of Brave Vesperia, Yuri Lowell for Smash Ultimate!

Viktimmy

Smash Rookie
So this is totally not solid proof of Yuri in smash.... but for God Eater 3's upcoming Switch release, it is getting version exclusive pre order content in the form of Yuri and Estelle Costumes, these costumes will not be made available in any other version of the game, ever.

I'm probably Really Really reaching here, but I think that something like that could totally support Yuri (or Estelle) making it in smash

...I'm totally biased wanting a Vesperia Rep though... that would be the only thing that would make me stop maining Joker.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Not quite counting on Tales of being on top of Namco's priority list for a rep, and even then, I'm sad to say Lloyd is likelier, but man, while I can't say Yuri is my most wanted by any stretch, I'd buy him in a heartbeat. I've been replaying Vesperia lately on my PC, and that game is so much fun, was fearing I had grown out of the series after really not enjoying Berseria earlier this year.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I like your Yuri moveset alot, it's along the lines I was thinking, using the mechanics of Vesperia to make a combo heavy character, which got me excited about Either Yuri or Velvet in Smash rather than one of the older protagonists. My only suggestion wold be implementing Repede as a part of his Final Smash or victory animations as he's also got quite a claim to fame as the Tales of Series most popular mascot and I think alot of people would like to see him and Yuri together again.

I've never commented in this thread before and it's quite quiet as I think most discussion about the Tales franchise in Smash gets sidetracked by Lloyd support, but with the recent 'Tales Of' patents using non game-specific icons I'm wondering if they're planning for more Tales content than many people are anticipating and Yuri would make alot of sense. here's to hoping.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I'm not familiar with Yuri but Dragon Swarm is one of the coolest attacks I've seen.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Little late to this, but I fully support Yuri getting in. I'd be really hyped to see Tales of get into the game with a playable rep. Here's hoping we'll see one in this second pass.

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see someone from Berseria make it in, like Velvet for instance. I know Vesperia is more popular and I think its a great game too, but we do have a plethora of sword fighters so I enjoy seeing more unique inclusions.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Just started his game so I can say I support him without just knowing him from Project X Zone :upsidedown:

Gengar84

Smash Journeyman
Yuri Lowell was an awesome main character. I slightly prefer Velvet Crowe but I would still be really happy to see Yuri if she doesn’t get in.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tbh if I see any Namco character getting in at this rate it has to be Yuri, I like legit can’t see it being anyone else (KOS-MOS withstanding, she’s in a complicated situation so I don’t really count her)

He’s the protagonist of the most popular game in the Tales series, he frequently appears in crossovers (mainly gatcha), he’s one of if not the most popular characters in the series and is banned from popularity polls, and with Lloyd likely coming back as a costume, I definitely feel like they’d go with Yuri honestly, that is to say they do go with someone from Namco, it’s a coin flip imo

But yeah, all in all I think Yuri has it pretty good, could very easily see him getting in

amageish

Smash Lord

Welp. Some high-profile skepticism...

I also realize this thread hasn't discussed the rumour that has put Lloyd/Yuri (alongside Chun-Li) in the lines of more mainstream discussion, so... Anyone have any thoughts about it?

Top Bottom