• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
josh- ccing isn't always the best idea, you should have seen my fox vs poehlcat's peach after the tourney.. i won but i'd take an instant 40-100 damage every stock =P
dsmash 1 - 50%
dsmash 2- 100%
dsmash 3 - KO

That's how my peach rolls.

O-NO - Glad you could come as always, we had a decent team going...maybe I'll actually play Falco next time :)

Redd - Your Link is pretty impressive, man. Pokefloats ftw.

Toasty - always a pleasure

Fats - Man your Ganon impresses me more every time I watch. Nicely done in doubles, too

Alex/Josh/W&M people - thanks for coming again - nice **** on Zion, Josh

And I'd also like to apologize to everyone because I'm pretty sure that I'm the reason we started off a little late, because normally we use my computer and everything for registering but I was asleep at about 5 o clock yesterday. So my apologies to everyone who showed.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
hmm, poelcat... thanks man, how come I never saw your peach?

also, the link player was 'Rad' not redd.

redd is just some scrubby smasher in NoVa. ;)

but if your lucky you'll play him when he comes down to duel ether in a marth ditto, which I demand gets recorded.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
dsmash 1 - 50%
dsmash 2- 100%
dsmash 3 - KO

That's how my peach rolls.

O-NO - Glad you could come as always, we had a decent team going...maybe I'll actually play Falco next time :)

Redd - Your Link is pretty impressive, man. Pokefloats ftw.

Toasty - always a pleasure

Fats - Man your Ganon impresses me more every time I watch. Nicely done in doubles, too

Alex/Josh/W&M people - thanks for coming again - nice **** on Zion, Josh

And I'd also like to apologize to everyone because I'm pretty sure that I'm the reason we started off a little late, because normally we use my computer and everything for registering but I was asleep at about 5 o clock yesterday. So my apologies to everyone who showed.
Hee hee, I don't exist!

hmm, poelcat... thanks man, how come I never saw your peach?

also, the link player was 'Rad' not redd.

redd is just some scrubby smasher in NoVa. ;)

but if your lucky you'll play him when he comes down to duel ether in a marth ditto, which I demand gets recorded.
Yeah, you set them straight. I don't even play this game anymore =(

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
Geez CStick, im like a ninja, I just pop into tournies and gank people out, and then disappear for a few more months.

O-NO: You're revenge is complete. Sorry for scrubbing it up in crews, the full-jump falco was messin with my head! Chikorita betrayed me! So many johns! Or I sucked it up...oh yeah, it was that. It was exactly that.

FATS: Thanks for the warmup friendlies dude, they really helped a ton, as you saw. You've improved a ton since we last played too, keep that up man. Too bad you had to bail before crews.

Kitsune King: Way to call me out on my identity, I was totally gonna tear up the beginners room! Plus, I was enjoying toasty thinking I didnt know what I was talking about when I was saying stuff about Link. Per usual, you Falco is on crack. You need to calm that down! Its too good.

Toasty: Way to not recognize me and treat me like a scrub while I was complaining that Link is so slow. Jerk, no seriously our matches are always fun, way to take me down on Pokefloats, I underestimated your prowess on the Sudowoodo. Friggin thunder...

Ether: Finally had 1 match. It was awesome. Your Marth is crazy dude, you've got that tech skill down. So much ****. I felt like I was backpedaling the entire match to be honest. I'll say best in SoVa goes to you, just bey rep and what I've seen, but watch yur back cause SoVa is crazy gank!

Cow: Squander. Way to not be there. Good matches before though. Rad Cow Disease for the win. And we totally need to teams match against Toasticular Cancer to see who truly is the most debilitating disease.

SpeedYoshi: Intermediate...riiight. Our team was broken dude, you have no idea how nice it is to play Link and not worry about having to KO. Way to roll with the Pokefloats, and good call on Corneria in the first set. You are easily on your way to being a ridiculous Fox, just keep playing people like Ether, Kitsune and O-NO so you can play high speed matches, that's your best bet towards total Fox dominance. Friggin top tiers...

New School SoVa: Carrying on the SoVa tradition of most casual tourneys ever. I felt like such an old man seeing all you guys, but its awesome to see such a turnout for the region. Know your roots, aka 4 people doing the turnip glitch in the party room of Golf and Games, and CStick friggin counterpicking Sheik on Link. The moral? Dont be gay like CStick and his counterpicks. In such a way was SoVa smash born.

Anyone I forgot: My bad? Plai moar pokeflotes plz kk?

CStick

Smash Lord
so its wrong for me to counterpick link with shiek but its perfectly fine to counterpick FD and Falco against my Ganon after it beat your Link fair and square? Git outta here :p

I gotta start finding events to take off for so i can get in on this new wave SoVA thing that people keep talking about...I think I'm the only SoVA 'vet' that hasnt shown up to ANYTHING outside of Otis' fests in nearly two months if not longer

also, Ether: next time you and I are at the same event we should team again and embarrass everyone, but then again, you embarrass everyone in teams no matter who your partner is

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I gotta start finding events to take off for so i can get in on this new wave SoVA thing that people keep talking about...
Yeah man, CNU smash is where it's at. With the relaxed atmosphere, ultra-friendly players, and beyond-friendly, john-less matches, it's quickly becoming one of the greatest venues ever.

edit:

Otis, you wanna team with me and knock Ether-Cstick off of their doubles high-horse? :)

Team Dallas = too good.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
dunno how much time I have so I'll keep this as non-toasty in post-length as possible.

<3 CNU, first and foremost. As ndn said, "air conditioning, water, food, good people, lots of setups? This venue's great!" ODU definitely plans on returning to these, though how many more people we'll bring is debatable as it seemed to be getting packed to comfort capacity that night

Thanks to CNU for handling the food thing.....................oh. Wait. [jk, although it would have been nice if an outsider didn't have to singlehandedly get it started]. Seriously though, huge thanks to Pai and those that helped out; ordering 12 pizzas for hungry gamers didn't turn out to be as chaotic as I feared. Also thanks to all who contributed later for the tip [esp Wiggles and Pai!]

Wiggles: G. Fcuking. Dub. Son. <3

Fats: intense is hardly the word. That was admittedly the first time I'd ever gotten that upB from the stage to the cloud

Ether: We didn't play..hell, I don't think I even SAW you play, but I'm sure feelings were hurt =D

Kits: epic Yoshi's Story match. I shall have my vengeance!

ndn: /hate

Schoolie: Hot pockets. We didn't play?

Jhoxn: obscure! I love it! I'll have to really be on my toes next time we play

Juan: YESSSSSSSSSS! Finally won with both of my characters [and maybe I'll bring out my other 7 against you =D Can't wait]

Pat: haha, that was the first time I've ever actually done that in a match. Next time, I'm taking that stock ^_~ Sweet Fox though, you've got a lot of potential for ridiculousness. Play higher pressure matches, like against fast Fox/Falcos, so you can get your fingers to higher speeds more consistently. The **** will surely rain down

Poehl: likewise! Did we play? I don't think so :(

Jamie: I envy the dance skills you probably have. Make those ICs kwaaazy...don't stop moving!

Meg: gahhh still never got our matches in, I wanted to tell you about some Pika trixies =D

Pai: <3! Our massage skills will take over the world...though apparently, no one will want them :(

Zion: Keep it up. And don't EVER let me 3-stock you again. Pika should never be able to touch you, esp on FD.

Alex: Hilarious matches [well, it felt funny cuz I was screaming in fear a lot haha], but for real, you've got some skills. Uh.......................work on that Captain >_> lmao. OH! and 4 techs in a row this time? AND THEN YOU WON THE MATCH? poor Billy! lol

Josh: Also had a lot of great matches with you. I hate that your Marth is suddenly transformed against my Pika thanks to Ether. I'll gimp you next time.

Billy: You finally started using the jump button. I'm so proud of you ^_^

KotR: Man...youz sexy.

Rad!!!! THE MAN! THE MYTH! THE...Beard? Sadness :( But at least you don't look like a creepy mountain man anymore. Link is too good, but not as dominating as my thirst for vengeance! I was really proud of winning that set against you, especially on Poke Floats. Hell, I was happy about the very FIRST thing I got on you, after you tried camping me on Squirtle and then you got up on Onyx [never do that before Pika haha]...37 damage from one thunder? mmmmmm, love it when people get pinned right below the cloud ^_^ Sorry I thought you were a scrub, but complaining about Link and how that puts you in beginners, and THEN saying that Ness is a better choice??? You got what you deserved [except that broken team! You so didn't deserve that!]

O-NO: I can't believe we didn't celebrate your birthday. :( :( :( That piggy bank **** will never get old =D Sorry for the disappointment in crews...Pika Pika all day from now on.

COW?! Squander. :(

Riku: work on that Sheik, mang, it'll get there soon enough :)

BLKG: man. Thanks for being a CC-wh.ore this summer, it definitely taught me a great deal about using it, much to the chagrin of W&M haha

Shab: glad you got your **** under control. I'll buy you a Fischer Price custom GC controller, buddy =D jk jk jk

Aurora: man did I capitalize on you being picked by Otis for some anti-Ether **** talking! Always a pleasure playing you :)

HOSS: DEAR GOD AM I SORRY. I can't believe I killed/damaged you as much as I did :( I was so clumsy on teams that night...you've got some great teams potential though, you're very very aware of the space and your teammate, good ****.

Toasticular Cancer will reign supreme over Rad-Cow disease any day ;)

If I forgot anyone.......sorry :(

Everyone: so much greatness. <3 CNU!
PS: Whoever got the Diet Orange Soda: I love you.

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
<3 CNU, first and foremost. As ndn said, "air conditioning, water, food, good people, lots of setups? This venue's great!" ODU definitely plans on returning to these, though how many more people we'll bring is debatable as it seemed to be getting packed to comfort capacity that night

Thanks to CNU for handling the food thing.....................oh. Wait. [jk, although it would have been nice if an outsider didn't have to singlehandedly get it started]. Seriously though, huge thanks to Pai and those that helped out; ordering 12 pizzas for hungry gamers didn't turn out to be as chaotic as I feared. Also thanks to all who contributed later for the tip [esp Wiggles and Pai!]

Pai: <3! Our massage skills will take over the world...though apparently, no one will want them :(
Maybe next time we should have more stuff set up in the Beginner's Room/Study Lounge, b/c it was definitely wayyyy less packed in there...
As for the food situation... yeah. That order was MASSIVE. Major props on getting that settled as well as you did, and for handling the huge wad of $1 bills :chuckle: I swear, this weekend, I blew most of my money on pizza... lol, oh well, it was worth it, I think.
We must do something about the massages.... I did give Vince one, and he said it helped a little bit, so I guess that's progress..? I think people are probably just :ohwell:-ish about unfamiliar people touching them..? Ionno, heh, I guess I just kinda assume you can't say no to a free massage ^_~

To everyone else at the tourney: So glad you all came, and we hope to see you (+ others?) back again next round! (probably in 2 weeks or so, as usual)

O-NO: Way to spend your birthday at a CNU Smashers-hosted tourney... :p Hope you enjoyed yourself, and I hope your bday plans yesterday went to your liking.

Cow: Wish you'd been there; there was a lot of peach soda! Anyway, you missed a great tourney (as I'm sure you've heard), and we all missed you! (and your flying Peach)

((more shoutouts later, gotta get ready for class now ^_^; ))

jhoxn

Smash Cadet
Jhoxn: obscure! I love it! I'll have to really be on my toes next time we play.

PS: Whoever got the Diet Orange Soda: I love you.
I'll play you anytime you want. It's fun to play people outside of CNU who are really good. ^_^

Also, that Diet Orange Soda was actually bought a couple of weeks ago. If you want us to buy another for the next tourney, just let us know.

Also also, sorry about not being there to help with the pizza situation, I did feel bad about that.

Also also also, I didn't know it was O-NO's B-day. Happy belated birthday O-NO! ^_^

CStick

Smash Lord
no, its just the **** factor. Always has, always will....lol

whenever ya guys hold another one of these try and give people a two-week notice so i can take off for it and come by. I wanna play peeps

VAromani

Smash Cadet
haha yeah, thanks for showing up everyone! haha especially O-no..on his birthday, thats Xcore!*^^*

and double thanks for my super good partner ndn...who didnt mind when i would fsmash him accidently...or dsmash... ^^() but hey, we did really well! :D i hope to see all yall ODU people at some of our other bi weeklies!!! it was almost TOO good. :p

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
mm late shouties

knight- was fun playing you. sorry if i came off as a ****, i just.. <3 my ipod. your marth's style is weird. i hate it. it's pretty solid. only thing is, being textbook.. is fine and all, but i prefer doing things naturally. even though falco does have and edge over falcon, it's really up to the player, not the character.

Rad- finally got my revenge!!! you and speedyoshi.. hax

Ether- =( you make me sad

O-NO- gay *** infinite T_T

toasty- YEAH

Zion- sexy man falco boy child.

SpeedYoshi- sexy fox :D

CNU- had an awesome time, pizza is yum. kinda sad singles didnt happen :/ oh well. next time!

OH YEAH I FORGOT MY SMASH DIS IN SOMEONE's GC! if you had windwaker in your cube, my copy of smash is in it.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
wasn't offended by the listening to music at all..if i owned an ipod i would do the same except thta some people seem to not like it when you don't talk to them when you play..though i'm thinking usually and can't talk anyways..

anyways i want rematches sometime..such good training...one thing i've done is practiced gimping falco..as well as work on my counter game..i'm still pretty bad with it but i'm getting a little better...i also have this odd desire to play ether with sheik...i have so much trouble with that matchup from marth's side..maybe i can learn some tips as well as hopefully improve his antisheik game too

Ether

Smash Ace
I have determined that the mindset required to defeat a Falco player is the utter and absolute resolve that you will DESTROY your opponent, feather by feather, until the bird is reduced to a state of particles and ash, the likes of which Wispy will blow away to the netherealms.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I have determined that the mindset required to defeat a Falco player is the utter and absolute resolve that you will DESTROY your opponent, feather by feather, until the bird is reduced to a state of particles and ash, the likes of which Wispy will blow away to the netherealms.

Same goes for Falco vs Marth =)

I need to find out which day the ssbm tourney is so I can work around that.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
CNU Bi-Weeklies - Round 5:
IT'S DOWN AIR TIME!

WHEN? Saturday, November 10th

Who's hosting? CNU Smash

Where? York River West Multipurpose Room

Christopher Newport University
1 University Place
Newport News VA 23606-2998

http://about.cnu.edu/pictures/eyeCandy/campusmapLG.jpg

Why? Because SOMEONE will have Kathleen on their team.

START TIME: 5pm

Entry Fees: John-less sportsmanship... unless the John provokes laughter, then it's acceptable.
----------------------------------------------------->
-Singles- (Subject to substitution for Draft Crews)

Standard stuff here people.

-Best 2/3 wins the set.
-Double Elimination
-Winners/Losers/Grand Finals will all be best 3/5
-Wobbling Banned= loss of that stock

-Random Doubles-

-In Random Doubles, we draw teams from two separate pools of names. There's an intermediate hat and an Expert hat, as to reduce the likeliness of an overpowered team. In the event of one team being far, far superior to the others, we will redraw that team unless there's a mutual consensus otherwise.

-Same bracket/set style as singles
-Wobbling is fair game (be a good teammate... get your partner out of it)
-This was a lot of fun last time and everyone enjoyed it, lets make it happen again!

The Surprise Counterpick -> If you lose two straight matches, you can call a Surprise Counterpick. This forces your opponent to choose a character before you announce your character, but more importantly, all characters are announced before the stage is chosen.

Stages

Random select.
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, [DK 64, Rainbow Cruise(teams only)], Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, [Fountain of Dreams (singles only)] .

BANNED.
Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay.

***Mute City is legal in Singles, Mushroom Kingdom 2 is legal in doubles***

Counterpick.
any non-banned stages are open for counterpick.

BRING SETUPS please :)

AIM: Truegamegenie2

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
why? even though that favors me...i can't really see yoshi's story as being neutral in all honesty vs a marth.. usually that's the stage that will favor marth the most in a given matchup..but regardless..how many people actually remember to use their stage ban? i usually ban one of the weird stages like jungle japes or rainbow cruise etc...i will definitely ban japes against schoolie if i get anotehr set against him sometime.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
how many people actually remember to use their stage ban?
People who play against Marths and thus ban Yoshi's Story. Or people who play against Peach and then ban Dreamland 64. People like me. But I'm also the reason people like you ban the weird stages ;)

by the way.

Schoolie. Force Kukulza to update the first post with the tourney info because as the tourney approaches, it's not exactly convenient for people who need into to have to surf through the pages of nonsense to find the nonsense rules to a nonsense tourney ^_^

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
neutrals are ok to ban I guess, I'm just glad people are starting to fear YS against me the way people fear Poke floats against rad. (not quite true)

ummm, is anyone down to smash b4 this for a couple hours of warm up? ODU peeps? cnu? cstick?

which reminds me that I want to let cstick know the secret to beating falcos with ganon =)

ok, hollar at me on the boards and I'll get back to you

toasty

Smash Hero
neutrals are ok to ban I guess, I'm just glad people are starting to fear YS against me the way people fear Poke floats against rad. (not quite true)
bahahaaaa I fear neither against either of you ^_^
You better learn Mute City with Ganon, Fats...I'll leave it at that. [lmao, or just ban it XD]
RAD'S SHIELD CAN'T STOP THA THUNDAAAAHHH. That's what you get for shaving your beard. It was the source of all your power! It'd be like if Schoolie or Cyrain cut their hair [.....aren't they the same person from different dimensions anyway?]

haha, jokes, of course. I need more intense sets, Fats. But not today. Nekocon is beckoning me...PEACE

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
You better learn Mute City with Ganon, Fats...I'll leave it at that. [lmao, or just ban it XD]
... Is this a possible reference to what is coming to be known as the **** Set? You know, the typical set I have against Fats (we just **** each other back and forth, yet still have no concise winner of a set) where I 2-stocked fats on final, then he 3-stocked me on pokestadium, then I 4-stocked on mute city? Becuase if it is... Enver... I'm flattered :)

toasty

Smash Hero
Becuase if it is... Enver... I'm flattered :)
LOL @ coincidence...way to masturbate on a public forum Trey ;)

I actually had no knowledge of that, but wooow does it sound great. But it refers to what I did to BLKG...actually, that was HARDLY ****, it was a next-hit-wins situation. We were just practicing counterpicks and I decided to practice Ness Vs. Ganon on MC and thankfully, there are no edges for sweetspots that can save you from PK Flash ^_^ The up-shot of this is that there are no edges for Ness to sweetspot that can save him from *insert ANY of Ganon's moves*
;__;
I DID, however, 3-stock ndn's Captain Falcon on Mute City with Pika...that counterpick worked out gorgeously.

Top Bottom