• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

Ether

Smash Ace
I was just giving some hope, saying that if a smasher (Juan, I think?) was having trouble as Falcon against KotR, he should train and get better and learn the matchup and stuff, because at higher levels of play, Falcon should **** Y.Link, according to the matchup chart.

This is completely irrelevant for casual play.

Ether and Cow for teams.

VAromani

Smash Cadet
Ether and Cow for teams.
and thats fair :chuckle:

but im pretty sure we are setting up teams like the last tournament we had, where we had a beginners room and then in the other room we had an intermediate player matched up with an expert player for a fair team. (so we didnt have another trey and otis team) :) correct me if im wrong though!

Ether

Smash Ace
I **** in random teams.

I can't wait for my partner.

Just remember to stay out of my sword range.

And don't hit me.

edit - that came off sounding stern, but teams will be a lot of fun. I'll make this post look pretty :laugh:

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
Yawn...tourney...Im in town then...why not.

FATS or someone, anyone up for friendlies Friday or Thursday night? I really need to warm up if im going to be anywhere near presentable, at least for my Falco. Link sucks/rocks the same amount no matter how much time I take off, but I really wanna have Falco as a back-up, and he sucks something fierce after months of inactivity.

Edit: Ive never played most of these people, so Im beginner right?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Raaaaaaaaad! it'd be great to see you again...unfortunately, I can't join in on friendlies thursday or friday :(
saturday will be too good!
So far I am part of this caravan:
Black Guy
KotR
Kitsune King
Zion [if he doesn't go back to NoVa for the weekend]
ndn
annnd we'll see who else :)

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
lol, rad we could probable play saturday BEFORE the tourny starts... I'll be in halloween alcohol mode for the whole weekend, actually I've started now

this is my favorite time of the semester!

I'm gonna be bailing early on sat for a halloween party, I'm gonna be thugged out. so Toasty be sure to get there early with who ever you are bringing, I want more games with Kitsune, NDN, Dean, Ether and yourself. BLKG is always fun to play too.

I'm thinking about busting out my spacies too, they've been pretty well concealed for sometime now.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
... you know, it looks like yal will have the majority of your ODU A-Team... rematch anyone?

I'm just excited for draft crews and doubles... maybe the chance to redeem myself after friday's rapefest in from of the entirety of Sova :)

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
I submit that maining Link should earn me a one-way ticket to the beginner room until I have a greater understanding of tiers, bad matchups, and in general enough common sense not to play a character that gets ***** by the top 3 characters unmercifully.

But in lieu of that I'll hang out in the expert room because Im so scrub Im cool.

Ether, Ive heard all about your greatness so Im looking forward to playing you, although I doubt I'll come out on top. And Fats, if youre up to it I could use a little practice beforehand, Im free whenever but dont expect me awake before the pm.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Team 23 stock vs. Team vs. .... Team 3 stock... prepare for the madness.
hahhaha, you posted what I was going to! hahahah, we must avenge ourselves,, and I can see it happening...

probably because our characters all of a sudden become high tier in teams\

- rad, yeah we could do a little session at my place at Port Warwick, cow or other people can join in on it too. wanna shoot for 1:30 - 2:30 arrival time, then we head to campus at 4:30?

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
i'm so jealous, i have a dance thing during the tourney. I expect friendlies however while i'm there to sharpen my IC skills which freeze kills. Hehe. I'm so exicted, and cow, i thought you couldn't make it this weekend?

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Nonono, in the 3/5 finals sets. You can surprise counterpick if you get down 0-2 matches and really wanna take their double jigglypuff team to yoshi story :p

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Nonono, in the 3/5 finals sets. You can surprise counterpick if you get down 0-2 matches and really wanna take their double jigglypuff team to yoshi story :p
k, that's what I thought, just making sure :)
lol, MASHI if you go, and we get teamed up...you know what's going down. Only the team with the best record EVER:
Team PIKA-CHU!

mmmm double puff? sounds like it'll be, in the immortal words of Gum, buttsexual ^_^

Ether

Smash Ace
Random doubles, with kathleen secretly planted into ether's team >_>
Sweet, I get to team with a female? I'm pretty good in that matchup, but not as good as Chu+Kiwii or PC+Milktea.

lol, we're doing random doubles for the tourney, but I think we're doing some team friendlies where Cow and I will decimate everyone, until Adwillia and I team and continue the decimation (<--that's a real word?? :confused:).

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
i dont get how people can be so GOOD in ssbm!
Toasty, Schoolie, and O-NO were truely amazing to fight against o__O
i hope some training will put me on your levels?

my mew2 is slowly making improvements...
my link.... is the same
my falco is getting better faster
and my doc. is ..... getting worse =[

oh and i can attend as many CNU tourneys as i'd like
i cant drive, and dont have any friends who play ssbm that drive..
but parents will drive meh n mah crew of youngins to CNU! (cuz its closeby)
so host a lot of CNU tourneys plz? XD

Ether

Smash Ace
lol, not true. I can sometimes fsmash my partner to oblivion. I have to make up for it with amazingness.

Kits, I wasn't sandbagging. You're really good. *pound*

edit - I would love to team up with Cyrain and face Redd+Zion.

edit x 2 - This calls for epic teams tourney in November.

Top Bottom