• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

Ether

Smash Ace
and lmao @ Ether...I remember hearing that once haha, still one of my favorite moments of smashing with you Vince =D
lol, I knew you'd be the one to see the hilarity in my "I'm going to DESTROY you" comment.

For everyone who doesn't know (and that'd be all of you except for toasty), I said that after toasty KOed me in a friendly team match (he may have also added, "Get *****, Ether"; I can't remember).

So I say I'm gonna destroy him, and my team ends up losing pretty badly.

nb4linkmastersword,"and that's what's gonna happen again, son"

Anyway, it's as close to trash talking as I'd like to get. Sorry for snapping, FATS. I was having a bad day, so I was half-serious when I said it. But I'm probably gonna get 2-stocked or worse. You're too good.

Frankly, I'd be upset too if I knew I'd be going into a crew battle on the ODU team ;)
*cries in a corner*

Florida Tech 4 lyfe.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
"This game's winner is... the fact that it's 4am."

Good matches everyone, again I'm sorry it had to run so late... next time, we'll have more tv's, I promise. I still can't believe how shenanigan those random doubles were... "OK, team 6... Trey H.... annnnnnnd... Otis L." *every other person in the room sighs in disbelief* Those Bowser/DK matches were too good, man.

I don't have the standings for the tourneys, because at the moment i remember up til 2am when I checked time, but as soon as my memory returna I'll post the results.

And Corey... too good, man.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
it was fun

my partner did really well for not having played the game but twice. I walk in and I was told "piper is your team mate, she doesn't play... but she likes pichu."

I was like, oh great, let me teach her how to dsmash with peach

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
lol, I knew you'd be the one to see the hilarity in my "I'm going to DESTROY you" comment.

For everyone who doesn't know (and that'd be all of you except for toasty), I said that after toasty KOed me in a friendly team match (he may have also added, "Get *****, Ether"; I can't remember).

So I say I'm gonna destroy him, and my team ends up losing pretty badly.
hahaha it wasn't just that, Ether...it happened after I teched a Marth-ledgehop-dair edgeguard [for the SECOND time, son!...well, against you, I mean. the first time that night though], made it back, and THEN killed you, and said "yeahhh you like that tech Ether? *goofy a.ss smile*"....Ether (quietly and without emphasis): ".............................I will destroy you."
and ****, musta made you feel bad because I don't even know if we won that one...though I know we got a couple wins in that night, so...maybe. I was probably overjoyed at hearing something so hilarious and equally ominous from you. It was a bizarre mix of emotions.

Oh and Schoolie? F*ck you. Don't make me unfriend you on myspace hahaha
Like I said, you've got the right idea when it comes to having something fun but...oh well, no sense in arguing over meaningless **** :) Wish I could've made it, sounds like it was fun, and wow you and Otis?! Rampage Rapage? "ooh! We should fight af Fourside! lawl!!!!!" ...please tell me that didn't happen. haha
Scheduled Female Relations > CNU smash
don't even know if there will be a next time for me =/ Richmond may be the last event I go to...*sigh*

So do you have a 7th/8th crew member? If you have less, lemme know. You don't HAVE to have 7 or 8, just lemme know so I can get ours if we need em.

If we play, I think I'll ONLY try the YYG, on Jiggs too...you know, I gotta practice up and all for when I play a REAL Jigglypuff ^_^

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
and wow you and Otis?! Rampage Rapage? "ooh! We should fight af Fourside! lawl!!!!!" ...please tell me that didn't happen.

If we play, I think I'll ONLY try the YYG, on Jiggs too...you know, I gotta practice up and all for when I play a REAL Jigglypuff ^_^
No, but the first counterpick against us was Hyrule :p ... and that jigglypuff comment... part of me just died inside,, mission accomplished... d!ck. :(

Here are the singles results:

1st- Corey (CDot)
2nd- Otis
3rd- Trey (me)
4th- SpeedYoshi
5th- Cow (.. playing as young link :p)

Don't remember the rest. The Top 3 were kind of a triangle. I beat Corey, Otis beat me,, then Corey beat Otis... go figure.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
why don't we just make this crew battle 30 stock

We bring 5 people, we each get 6 stock

you bring 6 people, you each get 5 stock

especially because we are going out there, we won't be able to bring 8 I'm betting.. also considering the other 3 slots would be such a huge skill gap. I think a standard 5v5 would be the best determinate. Most crew battles that aren't regional don't exceed 5

its whatever, you get 30 stock, you can divide them up however, as long as no one person has more than 1 stock more than some one else does. deal?

Ether

Smash Ace
They played against each other in teams (friendlies). They did a lot of the same things, like dsmashing at the same time three times in a row, thinking the other one's gonna rush in. But Kiwii has better reflexes and more experience playing good players.

toasty

Smash Hero
when and where?

let's not make it too late... heck we could shoot for 7:00 people show up at 6:30

that way I can get back by 10:00 - 10:30 with the extra billzzzzz
Dean "WTF?" Evans's ['s or just '? confused, anyway] apartment, essentially: on ODU's campus.

I'm going to venture a guess and say early evening around 5 or 6 [though that sounds like disastrous tunnel traffic times for you CNU peoples...or...anyone on Hampton Blvd haha], so either come earlier to chill and get friendlies or whatever [or maybe we can all get a friendly late lunch at Perfectly Frank on ODU's campus? their food is the shyyyyyyyyyyyyyyt...SO good.
Anyway...whenever it starts, it starts, I don't think anyone wants it to start later than 7 or 8. So whatever time works for you guys as far as transportation goes.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I have a recording setup, but it's gamecube-reliant. Enver's setup = super duper nice. I love having the live sound feed for commentary and beng able to hear "OOOOH ****, GET *****, GET *****, SON" in the background. So, I'll vote for a direct video capture with Enver's camera to get the room audio.

Oh yeah, Pat (speedyoshi) and the other guys there wanna come and watch, but only if thats ok with dean.

toasty

Smash Hero
If we use my camera, it'd be sweet to have some sort of mock-cam-stand, if I don't get a tripod in time.

ALSO!!! If ANYONE has one or both of these things, that would help IMMENSELY as the last crew battle video had some dents in it due to memory constraints. I don't know how long this battle will be, so just to be sure, the two things are:
1) Sony Memory Sticks - THE SMALL ONE!!!

2) Sony Cybershot T10 battery, or one that looks like this:

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i just checked my schedule and it looks like i had already committed to going to jmu that weekend, it completely slipped my mind. sorry about that. no need to reschedule around me, we'll just train someone to take my place.

toasty

Smash Hero
gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
*cries*
there HAS to be a way we can work this out. Perhaps the friday AFTER that?
I mean, I think the end of Ramadan would have been the day after this anyway [but it's iffy because of some lunar shyz and disagreements, but I digress], which would make the night of our crew battle somewhat important for my family...
so..uh...who's up for October 19th? I have no problem with it, as far as I can tell...

Top Bottom