• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
ok, well the 12th I'm having a party, and adwillia is out of town

why can't we do this the 10th? I don't understand why people want to smash on weekend nights in the first place. Weeknights on the otherhand are ideal. I want to know peoples class schedules on weds nights. my last class is at 3:00 on weds, on thurs my day ends at noon.

let's get feedback

come ODU and CNU we need to collaborate here.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a problem with the 10th, but the availability of other people might be... a little tight. I just want this to happen, it's too epic to be placed in hold.

Edit:

Wed. I get out around 6pm, then I have an 8am thursday morning, it sucks.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
tuesdays and thursdays are my only good weeknights.. wednesday i can't go anywhere til 6:45, and that'd be leaving from cnu. but, honestly i don't care that much

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Ok, the 19th isn't that far away. But, what about a closer date? What's everyone doing friday sept. 28th?

... *disturbed by enver's post count*

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Ok, the 19th isn't that far away. But, what about a closer date? What's everyone doing friday sept. 28th?

... *disturbed by enver's post count*
yoooo I definitely wanna smash some weekend, if I'm not going to Busch Gardens that weekend then smash might be second on my list haha [as usual: female relations pending]
but I would love to play some of you CNU guys before the crew battle [and not necessarily just the people who are in the crew]. Fall break [in two weeks] might be the best option for me, like a saturday or friday night?

anyway, I actually sooorta avoided posting after you pointed out the post count haha, it was only especially odd because the SAME day I had 666 wall posts on my facebook that someone had also pointed out
hah, anyway. hit me up Trey.

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
Is there anything going for this weekend (28th-30th)? I go to WM, it's not a far drive if anything's happening.

Schoolie, I talked to you on AIM and replied to your PM without realizing your sns were different. My bad.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman

CNU Bi-Weeklies, Round 3!

WHEN?
Saturday, September 29th

Who's hosting? Schoolie Dee ;)

Where? York River West Multipurpose Room

Christopher Newport University
1 University Place
Newport News VA 23606-2998

http://about.cnu.edu/pictures/eyeCandy/campusmapLG.jpg

Why? Because my up-airs are too good.

START TIME: 7pm... but it'll be faster this time, I promise :)

Entry Fees: OPTIONAL! Now, if you put in the optional $5 entry fee, and you win the tourney, you'll win the sum of everyone's entry fees. If you DON'T pay one, and you win, the people who put in an entry fee will receive refunds and probably thank you for giving them their money back.

----------------------------------------------------->
Singles-

Standard stuff here people.

-Best 2/3 wins the set.
-Double Elimination
-Winners/Losers/Grand Finals will all be best 3/5
-Wobbling = loss of that stock

Random Doubles

-Same bracket/set style as singles
-Wobbling is fair game (be a good teammate... get your partner out of it)
-This was a lot of fun last time and everyone enjoyed it, lets make it happen again!

Stages

Random select.
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, [DK 64, Rainbow Cruise(teams only)], Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, [Fountain of Dreams (singles only)] .

BANNED.
Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay.

***Mute City is legal in Singles, Mushroom Kingdom 2 is legal in doubles***

Counterpick.
any non-banned stages are open for counterpick.

START TIME: 7pm... but it'll be faster this time, I promise :)

Entry Fees: OPTIONAL! Now, if you put in the optional $5 entry fee, and you win the tourney, you'll win the sum of everyone's entry fees. If you DON'T pay one, and you win, the people who put in an entry fee will receive refunds and probably thank you for giving them their money back.

BRING SETUPS! We have 2 tvs but a ton of GC/Wii's.

AIM: Truegamegenie2

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
SWEET idk if i can make it cuz my cuz is having a b-day party the same day (at what will i be doing there? thats right-smashing ann day). but if we can work something out where we *continue* the party at this tourney, or if i just step out for the tourney and come back, then itll be cool.

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
I like it how you actually aren't hosting....but that's ok....they know you better

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Clearly. I imagine it'd be nice to finally have a decent partner after teaming with garbage-tier Cyrain, huh? ;) These tourneys are mainly for fun and free shenanigans, but DO come! Some W&M guys are coming... I'd like to have some HR's here to show them that hampton roads has some serious competition.

Amazing job in C3 doubles man, putting Sova on the MAP.

edit: it definitely wasn't "oc3 doubles"

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so ya we'll probably bring two setups...though if we bring enough do you think we can change it to best out of 5 in general? though you said there are like 30 players from your side so maybe not:\

heh if ether comes i think i'm going to lose badly but ya whatever...getting torn up is pretty fun:p i make great shishkabob!!

we should do singles and doubles definitely..and maybe a low tier? dunno how much time people have:p

edit: let's do picked teams...W&M players should get used to playing together in doubles sometime..though we hardly ever practice them:p

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Yes, doubles are random... so a situation like last time ("Ok... Trey H.... and.... Otis L.") :p

BRING AS MANY SETUPS AS YOUR CAR HAS ROOM FOR. Cow and I are tired of always making it into the depths of the tourney... half-awake.

edit:

If the WM guys want to pick their doubles partners, thats fine with me, it's not like these are for hard cash money :p

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
heh im glad this stupid thread i started became wut it did. Hopefully the random doubles will be more balanced next time (schoolie and o-no= imbalanced lol) CDOT's team did alright but thats bc that falcon was insane. We'll have to do something about teams that are too good, its not fun for the new ppl to get stomped and end up not wanting to ever play the game again. Can't wait, really glad this random idea me and jamie had got so big, thank god for john and trey for advertising it so much. These biweeklies r incredibly fun.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
Also tonight we were talking about having two separate tournaments-one for the serious players (i.e. us) and another one for the people who are just there to mess around, because there is a fair amount of people there who have played the game maybe 4 or 5 times before, and 2 of them were our other tournaments. So if we end up doing that I'd be all for allowing people to choose their teams. Plus then we could also allow for entrance fees and money winnings.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
... no random doubles?

Ether, we never did get to compete at Epic Madness 3, wanna get together for this? We spent an awful lot of time going over doubles strategies, we're well armed. :)

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Colin, we will have more tv's this time, definitely. It'll be much quicker and less crowded, since the majority of the people will be playing in the other room, the main room is for the "experts" this time.

Ether

Smash Ace
I work till 4 on Saturday, but I'm not sure if I work Sunday morning. I'll let you know if I wanna go. I've got exams and projects, too.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
For everyone coming today, I outlined the parking zone and how to get to the correct place, here:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/gamegenie202/cnumap.jpg

Note:
-The Blue line is where you will be driving to; the red is where you'll be walking.
-The Blue line starts from Route 17 ( J Clyde Morris Blvd.)
-Yes, the round thing is a roundabout.

If you get lost/location-oblivious, my number is 757-404-8878. See you guys tonight :)

Correction!!! Use parking lot I, it's the adjacent parking lot, designated for visitors.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
It was great finally meeting a lot of you guys

Schoolie. Wow. You facking crowd-pleasing *****. *ledgecancel sleep, ledgecancel sleep, ledgecancel sleep, ledgecancel sleep, ledgecancel sleep..............ledgecancel sleep, Whisphy-assisted ledgehop rest*
Beautiful. Too bad those Bowser-Ness matches weren't on the giant tv [even though that first one was sooo good!!!] Your Bowser has reached a new level since the last time I played it [honestly, wasn't the last time I played against your Bowser at...YOUR HOUSE? man...eons.] Thanks for promoting this [and thanks Jamie for hosting]

Shaeman's Link and Crystalnite's Fox are d.amn good. props. Hopefully the next time we play I'll be ready >_> [yeah yeah I can john all I want about those being the first matches I played when I got there and my SPECTACULAR SDs, but that doesn't diminish what you guys did]

Didn't get to play any of the William & Mary people, to my knowledge, anyway.

"YOU'RE A MOTHAF.UCKIN COW!" - good **** last night! Finally I got you to one stock with Pika! Out of you, Isra, The_Doug, and Doll, now Doll is the only Peach I have yet to get to one stock with Pikachu...it does sadden me though that I have yet to beat ANY of you guys with him :( oh well, I'm getting there. =D Thanks for the matches, YLink is sexy

KUKUUUU keep up that Falcon and you'll be straight nasty like you from North Carolina or something!!! my poor Ness...I had a knee-detector [honestly] but what was so distressing was knowing I could do nothing to stop it...*sigh*. good matches ^_^ once I figure out the Ness-CF matchup, epic battle action will commence!!!!! til then.............I'll just use Pikachu rofl

Dean - gtf-away from my TV! I didn't drive to Newport News to play you ^_^ awesome first match though

FATS! SQUANDAAAAZZZ I wanted to play you :( :( :( We could have had a semi-proper exhibition match for the crew battle like I did against Schoolie [crowd included]

uhh..Meg? Yes! Pikachu is amazing! doing an u-air out of shield can lead to a lot of things [nair, bair.......another uair, just play around with it]

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
nice meeting everyone good tourney. how did singles turn out? next time i'll play in singles.

Top Bottom