• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
You're the only CNU player I haven't been acquainted with. Wanna do some friendlies anytime this week, while we still have non-intense classes? :)
yeah thats straight....my s/n is simpsonsfool011 so hit me up on that. hopefully you have more than one controller, if not i'll scrounge around for one.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Adwillia, are you free to play Thursday or Friday this week? I would've just im'd you but I'm still having internet troubles.

Also, would you mind if I recorded a few sets for personal betterment?

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
After seeing Adwillia todaty, it's not an insecure matter anymore.

CNU Smash > ODU Smash any day of the week.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Fall Break is just 3 weeks away :)

And yeah... Dean's anti-ganon game was nasty, hopefully he won't be in the same round as Fats, though I think Fats could figure the match out fairly quickly.

I'm still teaching some of my newer guys anywho, so we'll see how that rolls.

Are we putting any money on this?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
hahahaha, I saw that yoshi ****!!!

wow, I was kinda intimidated for a while, then I realized that a fat Ganon FAIR from Fats is all it takes to kill yoshi as an edge gaurd. something sen didn't even bother to do.

either way, props on that yoshi for being sick nasty, I thought ganon was a counter to him.

I'm confused on who I'll play at this thing, SCHOOLIE let's get some games in, I'm free this afternoon and in to tonight. PM me if you get this and we'll work something out

X-Lax

Smash Rookie
wow, i just found out this thread was going on... count me in for the crew battle, if we can ever figure out a time and place for it.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
basically 5 of our slots are already decided
the new cnu crowd also has some competition to deal with for the last one or two slots , i know fats has some entrants in mind, and i'd like to see how they'd fare against the newer smashers.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
... You know, there's a tourney this saturday in York East. How about the 5 definite CNU guys (fats, cow, xlax, me, and adwillia) just go and see the newer players, so we have our 6th and 7th decided mutually?

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
We'd start it earlier, but it's parents weekend. A lot of the people want to spend time with their families, hence, smash gets boned for a late start.

It'll be starting around 8. We're doing our own doubles setup, though.

We do Tier-Style doubles. We match players based on skill. So, on a skill-based scale of 1-8, 8 being highest, the teams would be composed like 1+8. 2+7, 3+6, and 4+5. It makes it the most even, and everyone enjoys it. 99% of the time, the team with the highest player wins.

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Ooo it'll be interesting who gets that 6th slot...lots of us new guys. Im guessing pcat or speedyoshi. Either way i will be there when CNU beats ODU ;)

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Well I dunno if Ether/Toasty or whoever is in "charge" of the ODU team, but I wouldnt mind helping out Ol' ODU (does that make sence? doesnt matter pay attention!)

Make it like 8vs8?

More peeps=more money right?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Well I dunno if Ether/Toasty or whoever is in "charge" of the ODU team, but I wouldnt mind helping out Ol' ODU (does that make sence? doesnt matter pay attention!)

Make it like 8vs8?

More peeps=more money right?
no offense buuuddy, but if it's more than 6v6, then the lineup would most likely be something like this [with the last few after WTF? being the possible additions ]:

Ether
toasty
mid-tier
BLKG
ndn
WTF? [THAT SOVA YOSHI, SON!!! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOOOOWWWW! And FATS? that Cookie-Monster-eyed saddle wearing red boots having fatty will TANK all of your cliche Gaynon Triforce of Flower fairs ^_~ ]

KingOfTheRoad
Gum
Zion

EDIT: lolllll FATS, you're a 1??? you guys are in trouble -_- [jkkkkkk mangz, you know I <3 you....I mean hell, I refuse to use Pika against your Ganon...then again, I've had a substantial amount of Ganon practice with Pika as of late...so I dunno...but my instincts tell me to stick with Ness =D...btw: G&W ditto friendlies???]

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
toasty... animal

you are so fun to play with, and I can't take your cockyNESS seriously because you are the low teir master

anywho, I'm just playing when I talk trash

*on a side note, I definately see myself 2 stocking Ether's marth in this battle

Cow

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna have to team with a 1!!!!!!!!! done

Sven is a 1 right?

F-that kid, hahah,
he trashed your ganon son

... and i can't touch his ICs.
I wish i played a character that was good against climbers....oh well

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I wish i played a character that was good against climbers....oh well
Yeah... if only, man...
York River West tourney's gonna be sweet. It's mainly for ****s and giggles and everyone has a good time with it. This time around, the higher level players are asked to go Low-Tier for at least some of the matches. Personally, I'll be going with my standard low-tier armada of bowser/pichu/g&w, rather than my jigglypuff.

So anyone going/participating in rank-based tier shenanigans?

Cow

Smash Apprentice
thats hardly fair, you already play low tiers. lol.
i went peach for a **** good reason last time! the tournament was going slowly. i took it upon myself to speed things up. but if we start early.. w/e i'll go random or something

Cow

Smash Apprentice
where is this tourney? if its close and early enough id like to join.

my DK could use some training.
its at cnu, and **** starts at like 8pm
so it fits neither of your criteria ;\

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
no offense buuuddy, but if it's more than 6v6, then the lineup would most likely be something like this [with the last few after WTF? being the possible additions ]:

Ether
toasty
mid-tier
BLKG
ndn
WTF? [THAT SOVA YOSHI, SON!!! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOOOOWWWW! And FATS? that Cookie-Monster-eyed saddle wearing red boots having fatty will TANK all of your cliche Gaynon Triforce of Flower fairs ^_~ ]

KingOfTheRoad
Gum
Zion
Haha, ohsnap so this talk is pretty serious? Dont let ODU down!

Its cool, I just wanted part of the action and the crew battle was fun as hell. Besides schoolie was saying how some of their guys werent amazing.

but hey, I'm down if you realize you want some SlashTalon support:chuckle:
and if theyre are gonna be friendlies, i'm there. I miss schoolies low teir epics.

and btw guys, ODU ice hockey >>>>>>>>>> CNU ice hockey

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I'll put in the "official" format, so everyone's questions will be answered.

CNU Bi-Weeklies, Round 2!

WHEN?? Saturday, September 15th, 2007 @ 8pm

Who's hosting?

The CNU Smash Club (Note: not the CNU Smash Crew, but I'll be helping with the brackets and rulesets to make sure everything's straight, you have nothing to worry about)

Where?

York River West Multipurpose Room (

Christopher Newport University
1 University Place
Newport News VA 23606-2998

http://about.cnu.edu/pictures/eyeCandy/campusmapLG.jpg

Why? Because it's been 2 weeks since the last one :cool: We also need to get an idea of who our 6, 7, and 8 spots are going to be.

Random selcet.
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, [DK 64, Rainbow Cruise(teams only)], Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, [Fountain of Dreams (singles only)] .

BANNED.
Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach's Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay, Mushroom Kingdom 2 and Mute City(teams only)

Counterpick.
any non-banned stages are open for counterpick.

START TIME: 8pm... I know it's harsh, but it's parents weekend, and a lot of the confirmed attending will be with their families earlier in the day.... yeah, I'm working on that...

Entry Fees: OPTIONAL! Now, if you put in the optional $5 entry fee, and you win the tourney, you'll win the sum of everyone's entry fees. If you DON'T pay one, and you win, the people who put in an entry fee will receive refunds and probably thank you for giving them their money back :p

Last time there was the lobby tv (huge and sexy) and 2 lag-machines. There should be more equipment this time around.

Questions? Hate Mail?

AIM: Truegamegenie2

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Oh I'm not even available for this =/

I'm still in SC until Sundayz
Bummer :ohwell:

Whats in SC that requires your attention, slash?

Edit:

Fats, that ganon is soooo nasty. Some of those kills on Pat had me weak. The falling u-air to knock him under dreamland and the down-b from FD's ledge to eat his still-charging firefox, too good man. So you bringing your scrubs to York West Saturday?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
man, Saturday at 8 is never good for me

so I don't know

I'll just have you all over one weekday evening for a session, but your boy is good, he just lacks experience heavily, where as my friends are much more experienced just significantly less tech skill. Another problem is that he thinks he's not good at the game. A losing mentality won't win him any matches

oh and Ether, I'll delight in teaching that prissy swordsman a thing or two about manliness. I swear it's like I threw my Ganon in the the hyperbolic time chamber or something. He needed to ascend

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
im off work that night so i can totally do this shiz!!! unless its like a CNU only thing.
also, Ether would you like to join me in going up there? we could run some team casuals n stuffs.

"oh and Ether, I'll delight in teaching that prissy swordsman a thing or two about manliness. I swear it's like I threw my Ganon in the the hyperbolic time chamber or something. He needed to ascend"

lol, we should get some matches in, ive been out of practice for awhile now.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I swear it's like I threw my Ganon in the the hyperbolic time chamber or something.
you KNOW that ****'s STILL going to take an entire television season to complete ascension ^_~ [your Ganon is sooo sexy though, scares my little low tier children ;_;]

and lmao @ Ether...I remember hearing that once haha, still one of my favorite moments of smashing with you Vince =D

Also, I think it was Cow who noted the ridiculousness of imposing low tier character usage for high(er)-tier players. I second that and say: kindly "suggest" that if someone is scrubby, don't make them straight up hate the game and quit forever...just help them realize their deficiencies and treat it like the community thing that it seems to aspire to be. We don't want this turning into more GameOn shenanigans that result in people not coming back because of excessive rapage.

you have great intentions, Schoolie, but sometimes, I feel like calling you Capt. Sillypants haha

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Also, I think it was Cow who noted the ridiculousness of imposing low tier character usage for high(er)-tier players. I second that and say: kindly "suggest" that if someone is scrubby, don't make them straight up hate the game and quit forever...just help them realize their deficiencies and treat it like the community thing that it seems to aspire to be. We don't want this turning into more GameOn shenanigans that result in people not coming back because of excessive rapage.

you have great intentions, Schoolie, but sometimes, I feel like calling you Capt. Sillypants haha
Pssh, Toasty is a hypocrite! he played me, beat me, then told me to quit because i sucked.
So mean and unhelpfull.

/sarcasm
anyway im in SC to see my woman, she had to move for awhile

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Oh, thats word.

And ****IT Toast. I SUGGESTED that because quite a number of the tourney's entrants come purely for fun, I go Bowser for most of my matches in these things and then jigs if I know someone can compete, but I just strive for everyone to enjoy it... yet you quash my ideals... but hey, its obvious you're upset. Frankly, I'd be upset too if I knew I'd be going into a crew battle on the ODU team ;)

Top Bottom