• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud: The most viable DLC character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
May be too early, but from the current selection of DLC characters, is Cloud the most viable? We see some Ryu in tournament player, but not much of the others. With Cloud's speed, power, and mostly lagless moves, do you think he is the most viable current DLC character?

Here I have a Day 1 breakdown of Cloud's moveset and how to use them

Link:
https://youtu.be/kdt3fDZCye8

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Dude you posted your video in like 5 threads already, it's getting rather annoying.

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
No, even this early I think it's clear that Ryu is better.

And Could's moves are not lagless by any means. A lot of his moveset is punishable, and his recovery is awful. He's looking mid tier to me.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
No, even this early I think it's clear that Ryu is better.

And Could's moves are not lagless by any means. A lot of his moveset is punishable, and his recovery is awful. He's looking mid tier to me.
We been seeing a lot of Ryu in competitive play. I hope Cloud is also repped in the same way.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Too early to tell. Cloud has insane range, high mobility, and a Wario Waft that you get plenty of every match. He also struggles with neutral kills, gets very little from grabs, and is one of the most easily gimped characters in the game. His highs are VERY high, but he also has some glaring weaknesses. Time will tell; I don't think he's likely to end up below mid-tier, and someone who's really clever with Limit Break could push him very high. We'll see.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
@OP: Ryu gets tournament results because he's had ample time for players to map out his potential. It hasn't been a full day since Cloud's release and he likely won't get tournament results for quite some time until people put in the hours to better understand his mechanics. There's no questioning his viability, but we just don't have solid data yet. You're basically contradicting yourself by posing the question of Cloud's viability on one hand and then stating it's too early to answer that question on the other.

I understand the hype, dude, but don't let it warp logic and reasoning. I main Cloud and I think Ryu is a better character (I play both), but both combatants have their strengths and weaknesses. A Smash fighter can only go so far on its own data; it's up to the players to push on and take that character further.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
@OP: Ryu gets tournament results because he's had ample time for players to map out his potential. It hasn't been a full day since Cloud's release and he likely won't get tournament results for quite some time until people put in the hours to better understand his mechanics. There's no questioning his viability, but we just don't have solid data yet. You're basically contradicting yourself by posing the question of Cloud's viability on one hand and then stating it's too early to answer that question on the other.

I understand the hype, dude, but don't let it warp logic and reasoning. I main Cloud and I think Ryu is a better character (I play both), but both combatants have their strengths and weaknesses. A Smash fighter can only go so far on its own data; it's up to the players to push on and take that character further.
lol just wanna have a conversation and speculate dude

IblisTriggersPuppet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Oshawottfan33
3DS FC
4356-0745-3351
I think Ryu is better than cloud in viable wise

maybe Lucas or Roy too

but it's too early to tell right now

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
Lucas has definately rose on the tier list since his buffs. I can say his mid high tier

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Cloud does have one big flaw with his recovery in that it doesn't offer much horizontal distance if he doesn't have the Limit Break status activated. Limit Break alone saves Cloud from having the worst recovery, but trying to keep it in tact when you desperately need it can potentially be an issue.

oc0267

Smash Rookie
Cloud may have been broken from the start if short hop dair auto cancelled. That move sets up into so many kill confirms its not funny.

Edit: his recovery is also one of the worst in the game without LB. As said above.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Yeah, this doesn't deserve its own thread. Speculative topics should stay at the Social Thread, so any sort of Day 1 impressions.
Informative material could have a value, but this video is not informative.
Let's keep the boards clean guys! ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom