• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cloud has so much potential and is too underrated.

Cloud powerful or not

• Powerful

• mega OP

• Not powerful

• decent

Results are only viewable after voting.

Resolve_beta

Smash Rookie
The whole character is so good to the point where his f smash kill 75 and up. Hes fast, strong, decedent recovery, Why doesnt anyone use him.

Firox

Smash Master
The whole character is so good to the point where his f smash kill 75 and up. Hes fast, strong, decedent recovery, Why doesnt anyone use him.
Actually tons of people use him. He has one of the highest online usage rates in the entire game. Ironically, despite his potential, he is also one of the most underperforming characters for that exact reason. It's not that he isn't good, but rather that he's super popular and a lot of the people that play him aren't very good. As for top competitive play, we probably don't see a ton of him simply because there are a lot of characters in Ultimate that are good and have fewer weakness than him. It's a good vs great sort of thing as far as the pros are concerned.

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
Cloud is very solid, probably just outside of Top 10. However I think he’s kinda hard to play at the higher levels of play.

Dizenn

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3300-0492-5929
I think in a competitive, offline setting, Cloud is mid tier. Online though, he's probably like top 20 characters easy, because his speed is way harder to react to. His recovery is pretty awful though, one of the worst in the game since his up-b doesn't snap to ledge in most situations. His F-smash kills early for sure, but there's so much start up on it, most skilled players will never get hit by it. Watch a Sparg0 match and count how many times in a set he uses F-smash, its probably 0 maybe 1. Bair and up-smash are far better kill options. I think Clouds grab is something that holds him back quite a bit. Sword characters are supposed to make their opponent shield a lot since they cant contest the range of a sword, so sword characters having a good grab is pretty important for their game plan. Cloud actually has one of the worst grabs in the game, and on top of that, he doesn't have any good combos out of his throws.

I'm not trying to **** on Cloud too hard, I love him, but I think his flaws are pretty apparent. Compared to top tiers like wolf, joker and palu, who just have it all, Cloud seems pretty lack luster. I think that consistency is a big element of success in a competitive smash setting and Cloud isn't the most consistent.

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
I think in a competitive, offline setting, Cloud is mid tier. Online though, he's probably like top 20 characters easy, because his speed is way harder to react to. His recovery is pretty awful though, one of the worst in the game since his up-b doesn't snap to ledge in most situations. His F-smash kills early for sure, but there's so much start up on it, most skilled players will never get hit by it. Watch a Sparg0 match and count how many times in a set he uses F-smash, its probably 0 maybe 1. Bair and up-smash are far better kill options. I think Clouds grab is something that holds him back quite a bit. Sword characters are supposed to make their opponent shield a lot since they cant contest the range of a sword, so sword characters having a good grab is pretty important for their game plan. Cloud actually has one of the worst grabs in the game, and on top of that, he doesn't have any good combos out of his throws.

I'm not trying to **** on Cloud too hard, I love him, but I think his flaws are pretty apparent. Compared to top tiers like wolf, joker and palu, who just have it all, Cloud seems pretty lack luster. I think that consistency is a big element of success in a competitive smash setting and Cloud isn't the most consistent.
Well said

Top Bottom