• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cleveland, OH Needs More Tournaments!

TheRealThing

Smash Rookie
I am a melee player who has been playing for between 5 and 10 years(not sure how long). Ohio in general needs more tournaments because I have seen very few posts. I am eager to play a tournament and see how i match up against other players I would prefer tournaments around Cleveland, Independence, Akron, Canton, and other places close to Cleveland. If you are a melee player from Ohio(or close to) and are interested in playing tournaments, comment on here. So let's try to get something organized!
Thanks for any consideration. :estatic:

butterpaws

Smash Rookie
Hey dude! I agree with you! I'm from Uniontown, and I've been playing for a good while, I just moved here and I have no idea where any tournaments are around here. All I see are posts in Columbus, would you want to try and get something together Also, I just need people to play at a high level, my friends don't exactly know how to do any smash tech haha

King~

Smash Champion
the North east ohio melee scene has a topic and they have get togethers all the time and they travel to tournies in the surrounding states. im not sure if its an active topic cause i think they do alot of their planning off smashboards

TheRealThing

Smash Rookie
Hey dude! I agree with you! I'm from Uniontown, and I've been playing for a good while, I just moved here and I have no idea where any tournaments are around here. All I see are posts in Columbus, would you want to try and get something together Also, I just need people to play at a high level, my friends don't exactly know how to do any smash tech haha
I'd like to try and get something together although I don't have a venue. If we could find some more people around us that could confirm entry then we might be able to plan a tourney. I got me, my brother, and my cousin and possibly my older brother so that's 4 people.

TheRealThing

Smash Rookie
the North east ohio melee scene has a topic and they have get togethers all the time and they travel to tournies in the surrounding states. im not sure if its an active topic cause i think they do alot of their planning off smashboards
I didn't even know that, i guess if they arent on smashboards it would be hard to find them though. But if you could help me locate them or something id appreciate that. Im interested in playing a tourney because i think my game is decent.:)

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Well, we have a few active boards up. We go by NEOH here instead of Cleveland, because NEOH encompasses Cleveland, Akron, Canton, and Youngstown (plus all the smaller cities in the area)

I know for a fact the Brawl TOs (we also host melee) for NEOH tend to be inactive during the school year since we can't really plan much (I'm in Pittsburgh 90% of the time, Sole is at OU and they have their own scene there, Beegs moved to MI, etc)
The melee TOs are beginning to pop up again

Uhm...
What else?~ Goast monthlies as Sweet mentioned....Keist has RAIN, which is a pretty cool series. RAGE2 (Brawl/Melee regional) will maybe happen this summer, etc

But yeah, dont look for Cleveland for the name of the scene, chances are you wont find anything.
NEOH (northeast ohio) usually works better
good luck!

Also add people on fb. The NEOH/Pittsburgh Melee group is pretty cool.
Aka you will get 500 alerts a day

still fun though

CobalionRider Squall

Smash Rookie
I live in Brecksville which is about 20-30 min south of Cleveland, we have a church that you can rent out here (I've no idea what they charge though) the United Methodist Church. I'm not sure about specifics but you can probably find out what they charge with a google search... nope can't find it. I'll just ask tomorrow. I've been meaning to try to start a locals there, maybe get them to waive the renting price by having it raise money for one of the charity programs it runs, but I've thought that unlikely so I just haven't since I have no money.

Last edited:

CobalionRider Squall

Smash Rookie
I can't say I'm experienced though since I've only gotten the hang on wavedashing and L-canceling over the past week. I have 4 friends and my sister willing to learn, but sadly I'm the best out of our group (2 of my friends can kind of wavedash) but like I said their all willing to learn. Also I know at least one competitive player (he's in college though so I can only contact him through his younger brother) and two more who might be. One has the game but no controllers, but he talks to the competitive one as if he knows what he's talking about so maybe. And the other is way better than me at sm4sh and does play melee sometimes (I've seen him play against the competitive player, but I wasn't watching) but I've no idea to what extent. 6 Definite and 3-5 possibles to add to the pool.

willman51

Smash Rookie
hey I'm looking for tournaments in cleveland. is there any update on if there's something? I know bside use to have gaming but not sure anymore

Top Bottom