• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cleveland OH, Jan. 27th Tournament

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Will be a 32 person 1v1 tournament in cleveland ohio. The first 32 people to register will be competing for cash. If this tournament is a success then it will most likely become a bi-weekly event.

http://www.igames.org/PlayerEventLocal.asp?reg=1&LocationEventID=45519

Hit that link, and then register. You can pay via Pay Pal or at the door the day of the event.

I hope to see a lot of people there and for this to be quite the success.

Dopey

Smash Lord
this sounds tight, finnaly a regular midwest tourny! count me in =)

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
If you guys do plan on coming, make sure to register on the link above. It's a free register, even though you have to pay at the door, but it reserves your spot. I know of at least 15 people already interested and that should be registering soon, so make sure you are ahead of the game.

It will be good to see some ohio people coming together for this thing, hope to see a full 32 for it, should be exciting!

shogun

Smash Journeyman
Check the location. <--- I'll probably be coming.

EDIT: Phasion it would help if you posted a rule set, the money you need to enter, the times..etc. in your first post instead of just a link.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Shogun: Sorry about that, I figured it would just be easier if I had a link with all the correct info in case of me screwing up lol. Next time I'll put all the info into the actualy post.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
Heh

Shogun: Sorry about that, I figured it would just be easier if I had a link with all the correct info in case of me screwing up lol. Next time I'll put all the info into the actualy post.
Oh that's fine, btw you can still edit your first post if you'd like to have all the information.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Just so everyone knows, we already have 7 people registered for the tournament. This is looking to be a promising event, so if there is anyone that is interested in it, please register in the link that is in my above post. I'm looking for this to fill out so we can make this a regular bi-wweekly event.

soap

Smash Hero
if we register, but something comes up and we cant show for the tourney, are we penalized somehow; like having our igames membership terminated or something like that?

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
nope, just make sure you hit me with a PM and I'll take it down for ya. The main reason we are doing the registration is so we have an idea of the number of people that are looking to come out, and this will also cement a spot in the tournament for anyone that does register. No penalties are involved at all, just makes things easier on my end of the tourny.

Also, people can feel free to attend the tournament without registering, but there is no promise that they will have a spot in the tournament. If there are free spots that are not registered and/or if people do not come to the tourny that are registered, the spots will be given out on a first come first serve basis.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i'm sorry about the lack of doubles, but for this first tournament at this location, I wanted to keep it nice and easy, so I can get an idea of the set-up, runtime, etc of the tournament.

If this tourny is a success (which I forsee it being) then we will definately be having 1v1 and doubles in the following bi-weekly tournaments. In order for this to happen, we need to get a good showing of people the first time around, so still sign up and join everyone at the event!

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
we currently have 12/32 people signed up, still plenty of room for others that want to join a good tourny. Feel free to register for the event ASAP!!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Um...

Yeah, I'm already registered and everything...but is this taking place in a house or like a rented hall or something?

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
It's taking place at a LAN center. The address is on the page that you registered on. We now have 25/32 people signed up, so if anyone else wants to join, they better sign up fast!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wow...I really had fun playing some new people; the tournament was awesome and turned out to be a success. I thought I did really good as well. You have a nasty Falcon Phasion.

Impp

Smash Ace
That tournament was alot of fun, I'm pumped for the next one. Yes, his falcon was sick.

Top Bottom