• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clearwater: A new Smash CANCELED =[

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Ok guys, I added some times and some additional info in the first post. Hopefully with the addition to the title, more people will come. Again, if I missed anything, or you have any suggestions, let me know. Thanks.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Ok guys, I believe I found a place. Prices and times will probably change. Unfortunately, there will be pot ****, but I will try to keep it minimal. They have a sore spot with tournaments because the Halo people had to be jerks to the guys that own the place. I should be able to negotioate numbers with them so everything seems reasonable for everybody. Remember, I have to to make sure they make enought money to let us do this. They know what they are doing.

The best way for us to keep prices low is for more people to come. That is also (I think) the best way for us to be able to get the place, and for them to consider future tournaments. As for food, I saw a Chik-Fil-A in the shopping center, so there is at least that and a BBQ joint.

The place has plenty of room. Um, they have 26ish tvs (if my memory serves me correctly), most of them are occupied by 360s. They have six Wiis and two cubes. I will have to figure something out with them so we can get this going and going smoothly. Hopefully they will let me host this there, I would like to get a series of tournies in the Bay area again.

Once more, if you guys have opinions or anything else for me to consider, please let me know. I will be checking to see if all of you are going later this month. I will also appreciate it if you guys could ask around, but I will be diong that as well. We definitely could use some more people to attend this.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
good ish lime...u u gettin everything down pack and if everything goes right the competive side of the west will come back....

ps. imma be leave the house im in now 4 a while so i waont be on the boards ina while maybe once and a blue moon....so if anything goes down call me...or if u guys jus want to smash hit me up.....im pastein the samething in slims thread so he knows the dilli

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I shall do that, right now.

edit: I let Aqua know this should happen, hopefully he can come with some others from HOSTESS!

Jenova99

Smash Journeyman
yo lim3 how do you change the title of a thread??? for the love of god i cant figure it out.oh yeah sym said u do it all the time thats why im asking.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
(in regards to my tournament in December)

Ok guys, I just talked with the guys at The D-Pad (the place Monk and I found).

The Good news: They would like to have the tournament

The Bad news: They don't want it on a weekend (maybe Sunday, but other than that...). They proposed either a Monday, Tuesday, or a Thursday.

So, I need your guys' input on this. Please respond, I will also be posting this on the Florida thread so more see this. Tell me when would be the best for you guys (I understand Saturdays are "best" but I can't have them then). I could possibly work something out for a Sunday, but I am unsure as to if they would be pleased about that choice. Again, I need input, I mean NEED, seriously. If you guys can't give it to me, I can't guarantee a tournament.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
my availability for work is 24/7 so they kind of put me wherever they need me. I used to get Tuesdays off fairly regularly, then it became Mondays, but this week it's Tuesday again so who knows. I'll ask off for whenever you set it at though. Avoid Wednesday I guess?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Sunday usually works smooth for me I mean I wouldn't mind it on any of those other days it's just I still have school so it would be a little complicated unless this starts at like 2:00 or whatever...then it would be cool...anyday is fine...

Jenova99

Smash Journeyman
bad news. i cant make it to this. i got a show to do that was rescheduled for the 8th and im the lead production director. i cant miss this. sorry. if i can come i will be very late. thats if i can .

Jenova99

Smash Journeyman
aw thank GOD!! well never mind then. ....thats all i have to say. but yeah i can do sunday....id like that cuz i can hang out allday saturday and then smash all day sunday!! coo!!

Top Bottom