• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Clearing Classic With All Fighters?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I cleared it with every character, including the mii fighters.
I have only thought that the challenge associated has a difficulty limit, for I did a few of the characters at 0.0 difficulty.
If so, it is poor game design, because they ought have revealed the difficulty prerequisite.
If anyone has any information, that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well to be fair. It's not like you have to play on 0.0. You could easily pick a higher level.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well to be fair. It's not like you have to play on 0.0. You could easily pick a higher level.
To be fair, it's not like I have to play on any other difficulty setting. I could easily pick a lower level from any given difficulty.
The issue that makes it bad game design is the fact that this information is not conveyed.

That being said, I was just being an idiot. I forgot that I tried Jigglypuff on 9.0 and failed, so the score was up there where I was expecting a zero score. I realized this and played Jiggs on 0.0 for testing sake. I got the panel afterwards.
So, no, one has no need to play at or above a particular difficulty level.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Why would you play on 0.0 even if it's possible to beat challenges at that difficulty... it's be a super bore.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be fair, it's not like I have to play on any other difficulty setting. I could easily pick a lower level from any given difficulty.
The issue that makes it bad game design is the fact that this information is not conveyed.

That being said, I was just being an idiot. I forgot that I tried Jigglypuff on 9.0 and failed, so the score was up there where I was expecting a zero score. I realized this and played Jiggs on 0.0 for testing sake. I got the panel afterwards.
So, no, one has no need to play at or above a particular difficulty level.
But what irks me is that you're blaming the game for your choice. The word is "could", but not "should". Unless they forced you to play at a lower difficulty, I don't see a justification to hate the game because of a decision you, not the game, made. With that logic, one should also hate the fact that you can unlock characters through SDing or putting the AI at 300%.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Why would you play on 0.0 even if it's possible to beat challenges at that difficulty... it's be a super bore.
I'll probably go back through again. I just wanted to get the challenge done. It's a completionist sort of thing.
But what irks me is that you're blaming the game for your choice. The word is "could", but not "should". Unless they forced you to play at a lower difficulty, I don't see a justification to hate the game because of a decision you, not the game, made. With that logic, one should also hate the fact that you can unlock characters through SDing or putting the AI at 300%.
I do not hate the game.
It should, because all games should be ordered to the principles of good game design.
Now, it occurs that the intermediate goal of a game is to convey the means by which one may accomplish the ultimate goal, or set about applying prior logic to new circumstances to develop new skills.
Therefore, it is within the purview of game design to be as openly consistent as possible, to reduce potential frustration or confusion. Smash is not a type of game that ought hide the means to its ends. Insofar as it fails at that, Sakurai and or the people who have developed this portion have failed this principle. Of course, this is not to say there are not unforseen consequences, but it is clear that something of the nature which this thread is dedicated to would most likely be an intentional design.

A hide-and-seek game cannot be taken as a violation of this principle, since the clear and stated ultimate goal is to keep things hidden and force the player to think in a broader context. Ultimately, it is still solvable.
It seems that the ultimate goal of Smash is not to hide or focus on intrigue. Therefore, one should not be expected to know things which they have no way of knowing until it is done. We know from previous Smash games that the natural progression of things will usually take us to unlock new features, and that ending matches is one such criterion. Therefore, it is clever utilization of given conditions which leads us to SD to get the new characters, with little uncertainty.

One would have no prior way of knowing that he had to complete it at a certain difficulty level, because it openly contradicts the implication of the challenge 'clear classic with all fighters'. For clearing simply means that. If no condition of difficulty is made, then difficulty seems just as inconsequential as whether a cucco appears on each stage. One can easily see how ridiculous the latter condition is.

Make no mistake, I pass no moral judgement, I am passing a 'game design' judgement.

Fortunately, I was just being a doofus.

Last edited:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Uh. This seems to be going way over my head, but anyway, you can get the challenge by winning with on 0.0 with everyone. Just check your trophies to see who you're missing. You can have a score listed from past failed attempts to clear classic

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I've played most of mine on 4.0 to 7.0 and I still haven't got the challenge, do I need to play as all Mii Fighters?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've played most of mine on 4.0 to 7.0 and I still haven't got the challenge, do I need to play as all Mii Fighters?
Mii Fighters are not required to complete the challenge, but you still have to use them to get all the trophies. You'll know which fighters you're missing if you don't have their trophies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I already beaten Classic Mode with every fighter between the intensities of 7.0-9.0, six of them on Intensity 9.0. Took me a whole week to beat the challenge.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
This is something I'll worry about on the Wii U, I'm have the completionist bug, but frankly I'd rather wait to do these heavy grinds once... so it's not stale on the system I'm really going to care about.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Honestly, the fact that you can't see if you beaten the classic mode or not from the select screen, but you still see the score, when it's required to beat it with every character, is a concept of bad game design. OK you can watch the trophies, but that's extremely unconfortable.

I had the problem of the OP too, with Smash Run that's even worse. You haven't any feedback (not even the trophies) and you are supposed to win a final match with every character. Sometimes I won a team match with my CPU teammate and he did more kills than me, so he got the logo in the final screen. I needed to redo the run because I didn't know if it counted as a win or not.

anyway, forcing a player to play 50+ times the exact same mode is bad game design to me, expecially when it's unclear if Mii counts as 1 or 3 characters, and you can't see the separate scores of the 3 kinds of Miis.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
I had the problem of the OP too, with Smash Run that's even worse. You haven't any feedback (not even the trophies) and you are supposed to win a final match with every character. Sometimes I won a team match with my CPU teammate and he did more kills than me, so he got the logo in the final screen. I needed to redo the run because I didn't know if it counted as a win or not.
Goto the Vault, Fighter Records, Smash Run. It tallies your individual Smash Run wins for every character. Any character who hasn't won a SR will have a '0'.

Top Bottom