• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic mode tier list?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I was really bored so I started playing Classic mode on very hard to entertain myself for a while. After getting used to the c-stick no longer working and getting blown up by random exploding crates and the like I started to really enjoy it. The team battles can be really tough as well as the metal matchup, depending on what character you choose and what character the opponent is.

Now we all know computers are really predictable and will run into some really dumb stuff but I started to wonder if there was a tier list for 1 player classic mode, if it would be the same as the competitive 1 v 1 tier list. Fox still seems really good but Ness actually seems to get a pretty nice bonus. Since his forward throw always throws the same distance and isn't affected by the massive handicap on very hard, he can actually do really well. Also the computers don't really know how to gimp his recovery and will sometimes even walk into PKT2.

Anyways I was just wondering what you all think a tier list would be like for very hard classic mode. Who would you put in the top 5?

L__

Smash Master
Falcon
Fox
Marth
Jigglypuff
Sheik

Those are my guesses because I tried running through Classic once real fast and I found that after I got used to how annoying it is to pull a couple combos as Falcon I breezed through it extremely fast.

*Sigh* Fox. A couple simpler combos on Melee's AI. Lol.

Marth...Ken combos are really fun in Classic.

Jiggs is interesting, I pulled of a small 0-30% combo to rest and bam it was over.

Sheik, Ftilt -> Fair. Too pro of a combo to pull off. =]

UberBlackCleric

Smash Cadet
Kirby. You can Swallowcide every single match up and for some reason whenever I get the team on Very Hard its always Mario on Rainbow Cruise so all I've ever had to do was float just far enough away to make them Fair->Suicide. Then there's the whole "Stone beats Master Hands everything" thing.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Fox is quite funny to use. They will always shield the laser. Some hits will be powershielded, but most will hit, and either they will block most and have their shield broken, or end with 100+% so you can kill them easily. Even though it's not that good for the 10man team battle.

Bowser does surprising good with a Up B spam, as well as Ganondorf with his powerful aerials (they never shield aerials) and Marth with his range, you could just stand charging your smash and they'll just wallk into it.

Oh, and the Kirbycide...

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I've been thinking about this for a few minutes, and with out a doubt, the characters in the top tier would be 1. Donkey Kong, 2. Ice Climbers, and 3. Fox.
DK - ForwardB -> anything as long as time allows, deals tons of damage and gets tons of points
ICs - Freeze Glitch and Infinite ftw. Classic mode is a good way to practice Wobbling as well.
Fox - Immobilize on Metal Battle and fire your lasers, Hope you get ICs for double damage.

CookBadGrades

Smash Cadet
Falcon Sheik Fox IC's yoshi. Yoshi because he randomly eggs you when he recovering do you both die but you die first.

AIDS

Smash Lord
I agree. But I think Falco should be Fox.
Do not double post, if you have the most recent post, and somthing to add, click "Edit" on your most recent post.

Marth
Ganondorf
sheik
samus
falco?

I'm not too sure about falco but I know the first 4 are really good for 1p mode
seeing you here.....now i know why you are playing roy, and doing all this noob stuff.:laugh:

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po
I'm not really sure, but I know that there are quite a few characters that can spam like crazy. DK has that slap that whups CPU butt (It's really good on the MMM's), Link's up-B is a great clearer, and his dair is awesome. Roy has that B Blazer thingy that cpus just walk into. So, yeah.... spammers are really good in 1 player, which means a lot of the characters that are reallly in lower tiers (Like Roy; no human is going to walk into that blazer if they have an IQ above 2) will be high tier due to the CPU's stupidness.

Top Bottom