• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Classic mode 9.0 is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
7 Hours of non stop playing and I STILL CAN NOT GET TO MASTER CORE!

I have tried everything from 150 def Ganon to dodging but I still can not for the life of me WIN! All what happens is that I have to fight on a crappy stage when the AI gets the blower weapon and KILLS ME! And if it ain't the blower weapon they knock me off the stage and their partner finishes me off.

I tried to use max speed Mac with high def and STILL I cant get to him. No mode should have to waste 7 hours of my F***ing time. I just need a blessing right now to be honest a guide or something but I just keep losing due to random BS items all the time. And when I do get to master core I don't know his moves so I DIE ALL THE TIME.

I need help right now. Hell I would pay someone to beat this crap because right now it just pisses me off. I can win over 150 online battles but I cant even beat an AI.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Honestly, just keep at it. Practice makes perfect. If someone can beat 9.0 with Megaman, then you can beat it. It sure as hell isn't easy, but it is possible. Just keep going at it. Also be sure to take breaks so that you don't break your 3DS in frustration.

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
If you're having trouble getting to Master Core, just wait until you fight it. Seriously, you might need to put on a hat to avoid pulling your hair out.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Honestly, just keep at it. Practice makes perfect. If someone can beat 9.0 with Megaman, then you can beat it. It sure as hell isn't easy, but it is possible. Just keep going at it. Also be sure to take breaks so that you don't break your 3DS in frustration.
Keep going at it? I HAVE FOR 7 HOURS STRAIGHT EVEN PLAYING ONLINE FOR HALF AN HOUR TO IMPROVE MYSELF! Plus this is just today's attempt. I tried for 4 hours yesterday but gave up.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
i havent even bothered with classic or ANY offline mode since i unlocked the characters.
I beat lv9 computers in brawl without even trying. In the process it made me fight players like i was a mentally handicapped moron. I refuse to do that since now i can play online reliably.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Keep going at it? I HAVE FOR 7 HOURS STRAIGHT EVEN PLAYING ONLINE FOR HALF AN HOUR TO IMPROVE MYSELF! Plus this is just today's attempt. I tried for 4 hours yesterday but gave up.
Like I said, keep going at it. In my opinion, just take a break from classic and play something else. If something is too difficult for me, I usually just drop it, and come back to it a week or two later to just my mind rest. If you try too hard, you aren't going to get better, and will end up pissing yourself off even more.

Last edited:

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
i havent even bothered with classic or ANY offline mode since i unlocked the characters.
I beat lv9 computers in brawl without even trying. In the process it made me fight players like i was a mentally handicapped moron. I refuse to do that since now i can play online reliably.
Im just doing it to complete that unskippable challenge which is also BS.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Well always take the blue routes as those will have less tougher opponents than the green and red routes on the way there. I'd stick with a more well rounded set personally and the only thing I'd dread would be the tag team fights as my partner would have useless AI on higher intensity's sadly.

I screwed up with Ganondorf maybe 5-6 times and only finished it with Falcon. His speed aerials and recovery helped a lot

Do golden hammers work on it for the challenge screen?

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
http://youtu.be/4X3EPArdNV8

Hopefully the link isn't broken, but if it is, I'll try fixing it. (Man, adding links via a phone is not as convenient as it is on a computer.)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you can't handle intensity level 9, you can always use a Golden Hammer to save yourself some trouble. Based on the information that PushDustIn has brought up, that challenge is not immune to the Golden Hammer.

No need to test, it's already written in Japanese: http://gamers-high.com/smbr-3ds/clear-getter.html

First Page: C2 (Play Trophy Rush), C4 (Play Homerun Contest), C6 (Win with Captain Falcon 3 times in VS)
2nd Page: A1 (Get 1st in Smash Run with 5 fighters), A4 (Make 4 custom characters), D5 (Play for over 10 hours in versus)
3rd Page: B4 (Walk 50 km), C3 (Collect 500 trophies), D6 (Have the game on for over 20 hours)

Those are the only restrictions for the hammers.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Aside from practicing, study master core's moves online.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
I just tried again with 3K coins left
Went on blue path with high stat cap falcon
Charizard KO'S me with assist trophy
Assist trophy nets Charizard with final smash
Charizard kills me again

F*** classic mode. You need to suck on the RNG toes to ATLEAST get to master core and wasted 10000 gold in the process.

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
Could you beat classic mode at level 8.0 or 8.5? Don't try to overshoot yourself to 9.0 without experience from the earlier difficulty levels.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just tried again with 3K coins left
Went on blue path with high stat cap falcon
Charizard KO'S me with assist trophy
Assist trophy nets Charizard with final smash
Charizard kills me again

F*** classic mode. You need to suck on the RNG toes to ATLEAST get to master core and wasted 10000 gold in the process.
At this point, you should probably cut your losses. If you didn't see my last post, just use a Golden Hammer on the intensity level 9 challenge.

[collapse=Reward Spoiler]The reward is merely the Ketzal's Corridors trophy.[/collapse]

For those suggesting the Golden Hammer, you can't use it.
Weird, because that's not what PushDustIn said.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I tried beating the game at Intensity 9.0 during the whole morning and I had no success. I will try Ness with equips like some people are suggesting.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Annnnnnd I just lost again because of a stage hazard. This game is just becoming a gamble now to be honest. I have never struggled this much on a single player game since Ninja Gaiden Sigma hardest difficulty..

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
It ain't difficult it's just the enemies using items and insta killing me is what happens 24/7
I've beaten level 9.0 several times before. My advice for you is to always grab the items before the enemies do. In level 9.0 grabbing items is the CPUs top priority. Also, don't be so heavy on the smash attacks because the CPUs can predict them and you will get punished. Rely on your weaker and faster attacks more, and only use your smash attacks when the CPU is completely defenseless (landing lag, missed a smash attack, etc.)

Keep in mind that in level 9.0 your defense is much lower, so you can get ko'd at lower percentages. Just play very very defensively and you'll be fine.

What you SHOULD worry about is when you get to Master Core, now that is what I had problems with. But eventually with practice I memorized Master Core's moves and learned how to dodge them easily.

Kekezo

Smash Cadet
I got to master core on my first try 9.0... I didn't win, of course, but I got to the swords form before I got rekt. It's possible!
7 hours though... take a break m8

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
It's not too hard once you learn to read Master Core. My maybe third try on 9.0 I decided to random, got Villager (who I haven't played more than like 10 times), and proceeded to win with axe spam, no customs needed.

Know when you can be aggressive and when you need to shield. Especially against the sword form, who almost always kills me for the first time. Most of his moves have a visual tell so it's easy to block them if you're precise with spot dodges.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
For me, I can't seem to dodge the Master Core sword form's berserker attack; maybe it's -30 speed Ganon that's at fault, but there doesn't seem to be any reliable way to fake it out. I've died to that attack at 9.0 three times now...

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
Jdaster, you can shield the big flurry of attacks then spotdodge the last slash (there's a second between the flurry ending and the kill slash). It's fairly precise and requires a full shield but it's definitely doable. If you're not playing slow Ganon you can just run behind him and charge a projectile or something.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
For me, I can't seem to dodge the Master Core sword form's berserker attack; maybe it's -30 speed Ganon that's at fault, but there doesn't seem to be any reliable way to fake it out. I've died to that attack at 9.0 three times now...
Yeah, I haven't quite figured that one out either, although it's been a few days since I last played Classic.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why did they do that anyway?
I don't really know. And the odd part is that the other Golden Hammer immune objectives on page 3 are very easy to complete; you just have to complete Classic Mode and All-Star Mode with every fighter in the game.

The following page really needs to be updated, because it only mentions the Golden Hammer immune challenges in the Japanese version.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_challenges_(SSB4-3DS)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't really know. And the odd part is that the other Golden Hammer immune objectives on page 3 are very easy to complete; you just have to complete Classic Mode and All-Star Mode with every fighter in the game.

The following page really needs to be updated, because it only mentions the Golden Hammer immune challenges in the Japanese version.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_challenges_(SSB4-3DS)
It is indeed quite odd, I thought the point of the Golden Hammers was to open up any challenges you struggle to complete and all, so why restrict a few of them?

I don't know if this is a first or if this was also a thing for Brawl and Kid Icarus Uprising....

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Beat it since 4th-5th day from release with Yoshi having healing attack, KO heal defense and high defense for equipment. Learning how the bots behave isn't too difficult. Know and use stages/items against them to make things go smoothly. Otherwise, it just time and practice for it.

Xman321

Smash Apprentice
It is indeed quite odd, I thought the point of the Golden Hammers was to open up any challenges you struggle to complete and all, so why restrict a few of them?

I don't know if this is a first or if this was also a thing for Brawl and Kid Icarus Uprising....
It was in Uprising...

(I don't know how to put down spoilers, so don't read this if you don't want to)

Hades' Treasure Hunt had a challenge: Complete every chapter on 9.0. It was unskippable, only for the large amount of hearts you got when you complete it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

What really bugs me is why the hardest objectives have to be immune to Golden Hammers for North Americans, while the Japanese have it easy.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What really bugs me is why the hardest objectives have to be immune to Golden Hammers for North Americans, while the Japanese have it easy.
True.... It also seems to be the case for European players, I just checked.
It was in Uprising...

(I don't know how to put down spoilers, so don't read this if you don't want to)

Hades' Treasure Hunt had a challenge: Complete every chapter on 9.0. It was unskippable, only for the large amount of hearts you got when you complete it.
I see.

By the way, if you want to use spoiler tags just type something between [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ] minus the space.

Last edited:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
From my experience go with equips that are primarily defensive/speedy over offensive (unless it's that auto heal one every 2 seconds, equip that). That and patience is how I got 9.0 beat with Little Mac.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
True.... It also seems to be the case for European players, I just checked.
So basically, only the North Americans are forced to have to play the hardest skill level in Classic Mode, while Europe and Japan can choose not to? That's just sick, and not in a good way either.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So basically, only the North Americans are forced to have to play the hardest skill level in Classic Mode, while Europe and Japan can choose not to? That's just sick, and not in a good way either.
No, I meant Europe has the same restrictions as North America, not the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom