• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash Tournaments Releases Preliminary Project M Tier List

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I honestly don't believe Fox and Falco are the best characters in P:M. They may be the best right now, but that's because people have had 10 years to develop their metagame. Let's see where things stand a couple of years from now.

Gladiator

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, Fox and Falco aren't the best anymore, they just have the most work put into them thanks to melee. In my opinion, nearly everyone in PM has the potential to be played at a top tier level. I'm just waiting for the day when everyone gets figured out and yoshi is top tier. In the year 20-eggs-eggs, I suppose.

YoshiQue

Smash Rookie
I actually think this tier list is fairly accurate, i would get rid of low tier first off, and then move each character individually around in the respective tiers

Hulter

Smash Cadet
I also had predicted Toon Link to be among the worst characters, as well, seeing as he was mostly based from Smash 64's Link (with dat terrible recovery being worse on Toon Link) and Melee's Young Link (meteor sucks)..
But I say I completely agree with Toon Link being dead last. That recovery is SO bad.

Yes, Tink's recovery is horrible. He needs to be moved down even further.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I've seen that video, and here's what I've gathered from this:
Toon Link's bomb glide falls further than Link's.
Wall Jump was horribly nerfed.
Recovery move is comparable to the platform on the right, in vertical height.
Fast falling speed was sped up to be faster than Link's.
Air speed was nerfed.
Tether recovery is still short.

These factors alone would indicate that Toon Link has a bad recovery overall. If he hadn't had the second jump, the "recovery" tactic would be downright useless. And even so, Toon Link would easily get gimped even as he's doing this. It takes one character to use a stage spike or meteor to get him.

And normally, no one would even want to try that; they would rather use more conventional ways to recover, like Bomb Recovery, for instance.

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
Really this tier list isn't official because project m is still in development

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
What I don't agree with is the "labeling" in these tiers. With how the game feels to me, there should only be A+ to B- (maybe C+ for Olimar until he's figured out).

Only reason Fox and Falco are up there is because of the "familiarity" with them. And even then Falco shouldn't be "top". In this game where survival and recovery is strong, Falco's recovery is abysmal.

Also what is the "basis" for forming these tiers?

The TaBuu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTaBuu
3DS FC
3454-0444-5134
I don't see the huge issue with the two spacies dominating Top Tier. It's their innate character design that allow them to do well, even in a new metagame such as Project M. Their Shine combined with fast aerials and ground moves provide both Fox and Falco with a ridiculous amount of shield pressure while their lasers force approaches and enhance their defensive playstyle. Just because they're Top Tier doesn't mean that PM is failing to create an equal balanced metagame. No matter what happens "top-tier" characters will always exist, its just a matter of how well players can adapt to the given match-up which is what makes Smash such an amazing and versatile game.

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
I don't see the huge issue with the two spacies dominating Top Tier. It's their innate character design that allow them to do well, even in a new metagame such as Project M. Their Shine combined with fast aerials and ground moves provide both Fox and Falco with a ridiculous amount of shield pressure while their lasers force approaches and enhance their defensive playstyle. Just because they're Top Tier doesn't mean that PM is failing to create an equal balanced metagame. No matter what happens "top-tier" characters will always exist, its just a matter of how well players can adapt to the given match-up which is what makes Smash such an amazing and versatile game.
Why not just make everyone a spacie, then? :yeahboi:

Top Bottom