• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash Tournaments Releases Preliminary Project M Tier List

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
sure you have your characters with more options then others, but tiers don't mean a thing to me. IMO snake would be at the top of the list if i were to make it because of his damage rate, recovery, and all the seemingly endless possibilities with his bombs.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Zelda is high, but I wouldn't say 3rd. Maybe 6th or 7th, but definitely viable for tourney play, in my opinion.
Then Link would be 4th indefinitely, since MK doesn't deserve that high still. As I said before, Fox, Falco, Pit, Link and Wolf.

sure you have your characters with more options then others, but tiers don't mean a thing to me. IMO snake would be at the top of the list if i were to make it because of his damage rate, recovery, and all the seemingly endless possibilities with his bombs.
You forget he lost Nikita, the ability to detonate C4s anywhere and his rocket launcher, losing KO ability all around and having nerfs on his attacks to make them combo oriented.

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
Then Link would be 4th indefinitely, since MK doesn't deserve that high still. As I said before, Fox, Falco, Pit, Link and Wolf.

You forget he lost Nikita, the ability to detonate C4s anywhere and his rocket launcher, losing KO ability all around and having nerfs on his attacks to make them combo oriented.
Rolex and Professor pro.... enough said

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I agree with FumiQyn, I think Snake should be 8th-10th. If he could detonate C4 from anywhere, he'd be 6th.

andimidna

Smash Master
Huh. I'm surprised about what people are saying about Zelda.

Immediately after 3.0 came out, before I even had a chance to play it, I saw people commenting how "OP Zelda and Ivysaur" were.

Looks like people don't think that way anymore.
I'm not a good judge of tiers, usually just go off of what people say.
But is she really that noticeably off?

MrDrJacob

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterJacob
This is a fairly interesting list. A lot different than expected. There are characters I would switch around obviously, but I don't know too much about the matchups to give any proper input. If anything, I hope that Tink players will step up and get him out of bottom tier.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I agree with most of this list. I do think Peach, Sheik, Diddy Kong, and Yoshi (that untapped potential, though) should be higher (especially Diddy and Sheik). Plus I'm not really sold on Wolf being high tier and I honestly believe Puff should be low tier.
This mostly except for the Diddy Kong part - Yoshi to me looks terrifying.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Lucas below Zelda and Ivysaur? Lmao.

Everything else seems reasonable except:

- Diddy seems too low
- Peach is too low
- Toon Link is too low

All in all, the list is fairly solid but has a few glaring holes in it.

Last edited:

EZVega

Smash Cadet
NNID
EZVega
3DS FC
4339-2521-0738
I'd swap Ness and Lucas, and bump Sonic down to mid-tier. DK for lower-mid.

Garzal

Smash Rookie
Terrible, just terrible. C+ for effort. Only thing agreeable on the entire list is Fox and Falco.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Squirtle is fairly solid, not high, but not low. Not sure about those other three. I agree on diddy and snake
It's hard to determine who goes where because of the small gaps between tiers. I would make the Top-Tier larger, so you could add more characters into the High-Tier.

Last edited:

Crezyte

Smash Apprentice
While I appreciate the effort put into it, I feel its simply too soon as many characters havent had everything explored for them.

However, it does worry me that Fox and Falco are yet again the top tiers :\ The point of P:M is to bring everyone on a equalish level, no?
They are only top right now because people are used to what the characters do and how their tech is. When people start to diversify their character pools, the spacies'll go down for sure. Heck, IMO Mewtwo is looking to be top tier b/c of M2K and KDJ...

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
It seems like the prime objective of putting up a tier list was to get people talking and it definitely accomplished that. Making a tier list is fun and all, but everyone has different opinions. There will always be someone who thinks a character belongs somewhere else on the list. I'm aware it says this is a list strictly or 3.02 but a tier list won't really be set in stone until Project M is finalized. Everyone can generally get an idea of a list, but until then people will be debating.

Bones0

Smash Legend
>Spacies get slight nerfs
>Entire rest of the cast get major buffs
>Spacies are now the only top tiers

For a game that everyone claims is more balanced than Melee, they sure aren't conveying that in their tier lists. The whopping 17 characters in mid-tier (more than all 3 of the tiers above combined) was a nice touch. ROFL

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
it's nice to see mario who I been using since the very beginning of smash 64 being and I. High tier. Also for the people who are complaining this is a preliminary list meaning it's like a preview. If you guys are so so bummed out about where your characters are placed at then why don't you get your butts up and represent the characters and show the world that the characters that you want to be higher deserve to be there. That's a better alternative to just complaining and whining because my character is not up there or your character is not up there or why is this such and such character up here or why is this such and such character down there. Stop complaining people if you don't like this then do something about it and prove to everybody else at this character deserve to be higher, the point of this is to shape up the matagame and it's a preliminary tier list. Over time it will change but whining complaining is not going to do anything so unless I see any of you guys doing something about it you have no room to complain. I think Pikachu should be placed higher time to practice and show the world that the Pikachu can be top tier :-)

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Okay, in MY tier list I created, I at least gave Toon Link some kind of change now. Because I actually do think he deserves a higher spot than bottom; but he's still somewhat a bad character.

And now that people mention it, Lucas does meet a top 10 criteria. Maybe we could ALL vote on a tier list here together, so that way we can have a more reliable source. I shall start a thread about it (if none's been started, that is).

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Okay, in MY tier list I created, I at least gave Toon Link some kind of change now. Because I actually do think he deserves a higher spot than bottom; but he's still somewhat a bad character.

And now that people mention it, Lucas does meet a top 10 criteria. Maybe we could ALL vote on a tier list here together, so that way we can have a more reliable source. I shall start a thread about it (if none's been started, that is).
That's has a large potential to lead to a flame war. Be careful.

B-Ber

Smash Rookie
NNID
BrashyBrash
Yo, Luigi is god tier if you pray to the RNG gods. Forget this list

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I haven't played enough P:M to get a good feel for every character yet, but my gut's telling me Charizard should be lower, Toon Link should be higher, and... wow, has Olimar really fallen that far? I remember back in the early days of Brawl, he was revered as having one of the best aerial games. How could he be bottom tier in P:M?

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Poor Olimar. Almost nobody wants to take the time to figure out how you work. :/

Maybe one day he'll become top tier like in brawl.

Gef

Smash Cadet
I don't know a whole lot about top level competitive, but I say I completely agree with Toon Link being dead last. That recovery is SO bad. He isn't a horrible character, but in my opinion the other characters all have a few things over him. I agree with this as a preliminary tier list, and I can't wait to see how it evolves. It's gonna be fun :)

Top Bottom