• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash Tournaments Releases Preliminary Project M Tier List

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Clash Tournaments has polled it's sponsored players to put together a preliminary Project M tier list. Leading the way, much like the Super Smash Brothers Melee tier list, are Fox and Falco. Pit, Armada's character of choice to win Project M at Apex 2014, is in high tier. You can check out the scores of the tier list by viewing the article on the Clash Tournaments website. The tier list was based on using Project M 3.02 - you can go here to get the latest version of Project M. Here is the quick overview - let us know what you think in the comments!

Top Tier: Fox, Falco
High Tier: Zelda, Pit, Meta Knight, Wolf, Link, Ivysaur, Marth, Mario
Upper-Mid Tier: Lucas, Snake, Ike, Mewtwo, Sonic
Mid Tier: King Dedede, Wario, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Roy, ROB, Pikachu, Samus, Bowser, Diddy Kong, Sheik, Squirtle, Ness, Kirby
Lower-Mid Tier: Yoshi, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Mr. Game and Watch, Peach
Low Tier: Olimar, Toon Link

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
It's an alright tier list. There's a few things I do not agree with, however- such as the placement of Sheik and Peach.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I agree with most of this list. I do think Peach, Sheik, Diddy Kong, and Yoshi (that untapped potential, though) should be higher (especially Diddy and Sheik). Plus I'm not really sold on Wolf being high tier and I honestly believe Puff should be low tier.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
High tier Ivysaur ? lmao. I bet in 6 months she'll drop when people figure her out :V

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
I agree with most of this list. I do think Peach, Sheik, Diddy Kong, and Yoshi (that untapped potential, though) should be higher (especially Diddy and Sheik). Plus I'm not really sold on Wolf being high tier and I honestly believe Puff should be low tier.
Wolf is insane, I assure you. His combo-game is better than the other spacies' and his punish game is just as good because of it.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
What could possibly be so bad about Luigi?
Another thing. I'm a former Luigi main in PM and I feel like even with the change in the side Special (Which actually makes it a tad more useful if you know how to use it) doesn't change his position. I'd say he's Mid Tier at least.

TheGhostlyPidove

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2509-2709-5815
Another thing. I'm a former Luigi main in PM and I feel like even with the change in the side Special (Which actually makes it a tad more useful if you know how to use it) doesn't change his position. I'd say he's Mid Tier at least.
But that's not all they changed. They improved his recovery, and certain moves like Dtilt, Fair, Uair, and N Spec.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
While I appreciate the effort put into it, I feel its simply too soon as many characters havent had everything explored for them.

However, it does worry me that Fox and Falco are yet again the top tiers :\ The point of P:M is to bring everyone on a equalish level, no?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The Spacies are kings, but that doesn't mean they have to always stay that way. Hopefully someday a future version of PM will see the two dethroned.
If we want everyone to be on the level of similarity, that doesn't mean that the two aren't ever supposed to be touched or nerfed. It's just like MK in Brawl.

That being said, you have to realize how close the tiers are.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'd imagine people gravitate to Fox and Falco since they were so prominent in Melee thus making it an easier transition. It's a shame though, it'll probably be a while before we start seeing people really go to work with other characters, or at least, enough to potentially dethrone the spacies.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Fox and Falco Top-Tier again. Great...

Still, P:M is so well designed and balanced that the difference between tiers are minimal, and almost every character being viable on a competitive level. Better yet, each character Mid-Tier and above has had success in tournaments and high-level play!

Great job, PMBR!

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Possibly the only time Link will ever be higher than low tier :p

Markus E-bear

Smash Rookie
NNID
MarkusEbear
3DS FC
5455-9392-7976
What's so bad about toon link? I'm not anywhere near pro status, but I don't think he is that bad :/

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Such as? Most of the list seems reasonable to me.
Ok there isn't a lot but there are some glaringly obvious things like Zelda. I think Lucas is to low, I really don't think MK is top 5. If M2 is a spacie slayer like M2K has claimed then M2 is higher than at least Ike ffs. There's tons of little things that make no sense about the list.
It's not like it's entirely inaccurate, but it is quite flawed still. + You entirely missed my joke about this being a popularity stunt.

Bamboo

Smash Rookie
Yoshi low tier? Someone needs to rep the dinosaur and show CT what he can do. Or better yet send me some cash to play in a tournament ill show them.
:yoshimelee:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Zelda is 3?
I swear I don't mean to pick top tier characters!!!
same here...it just so happened to be that Mario was kinda awesome again.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Ok there isn't a lot but there are some glaringly obvious things like Zelda. I think Lucas is to low, I really don't think MK is top 5. If M2 is a spacie slayer like M2K has claimed then M2 is higher than at least Ike ffs. There's tons of little things that make no sense about the list.
It's not like it's entirely inaccurate, but it is quite flawed still. + You entirely missed my joke about this being a popularity stunt.
Yeah I literally don't see a joke in that, but uh... ha ha?

I agree it's funky there and there, though mostly Zelda is the only thing that sticks out at me. Maybe Mewtwo ought to be higher but I mean, this was just the results of a poll so what can you do? Especially when M2K is the only one I've seen really put in work with him.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
This tier list is very off and biased. Ivysaur, Samus, and Zelda are way higher than they should be with Denti, Chibo, and Xzax using those characters.

firebolt1400

Smash Rookie
While I love that they made this tier list, and I agree with most of the placings, I believe that their are a few changes that could be made. (Only my opinion) First, Diddy is wayyyy too low... He has crazy combos with nair, bananas, side-b, he kills early with dair, fair, and fsmash, and he has a great recovery. Next, Tink is also too low. While I don't think he is better than Link outright, he is mid tier at least. He has great aerial moves, Fair and Uair kill, Bair combos, and Nair is a great get-off-me move. His Up-B while bad for recovery (great for killing) can be extended with bomb jumps and airdodge-zair. TInk also has great projectile for setting up combos, or simply racking up damage, and he has great ground moves like Dtilt and Utilt and Usmash which can either rack up damage or set up for combo strings. The last changes I would make would be to put Zelda a little lower maybe 7th spot, put Jiggly way lower, in Low tier, put Link maybe 3 spots lower and last put MK like three spots lower.

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
The tier list is a bit flawed because of the unbroken potential in most characters. I think this needs more time before being 100% certain who is where.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
lol, my girl ZSS, rockin them low tiers.

While I appreciate the effort put into it, I feel its simply too soon as many characters havent had everything explored for them.

However, it does worry me that Fox and Falco are yet again the top tiers :\ The point of P:M is to bring everyone on a equalish level, no?
Well it's just that spacie players from melee came in with all their tech skill already polished, so they naturally had a leg up going into the metagame. I'm sure the counters will establish themselves further and they won't be so top tier.

Last edited:

d-man2292

Smash Apprentice
NNID
d-man2292
i think they just based their tier list on what they have seen so far, for example ppl are flipin about ivysaur being there but Denti is on CT and he mains with him so thats probably why its high, i agree with most of it but some are kinda iffy to me, i do like mario being high tier though :chuckle: remember this is literally a rough draft

TheLegendaryKRB

Smash Apprentice
I dont know about you but Zelda's placement is BS. Its too high. There are other characters that are more worthy of that placing. Pit should be 3rd best.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Its just really nice to see Link get the love he deserves.

Top Bottom