• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash Tournaments Launches Pro Team

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
On June 5th, Mark "Chibo" Korsak announced that Clash Tournaments would be launching a Pro Team. The news comes after recently seeing several players being picked up by larger eSports teams and is a shift away from the previous tactic of simply sponsoring players. Mark confirmed that the Pro Team includes having the players under contract. The site clashtournaments.gg has been launched to support the Pro Team with initial support for Smash players and Pokemon. The three players being brought onboard are:
  • CT ZERO
  • CT CYBERTRON
  • CT ESAM
At launch, the Clash Tournaments Pro Team has brought on the following sponsors:
  • Smashboards
  • Broken Tier
  • Envy
  • Astro
  • Linode
  • Apex Tournament Series

Reaction to the news has been mostly positive, with many pointing out that this is a step toward further legitimacy for the Smash community. Korsak did an hour long reveal on Twitch which includes Wynton "Prog" Smith interviewing each of the players at SKTAR3. Check it out below.

Last edited by a moderator:

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
I feel like their new tag should be "PCT" or something that would differentiate them from other CT players. Might make the reg CT sponsored players work harder to become Pro CT

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
so happy for my favorite brawl player esam, what a character! And now I'm so excited for the future of competitive pokemon. Good going Chibo!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I think a couple of them like M2K have been picked up by other pro teams, and so this is CT's response

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I feel like their new tag should be "PCT" or something that would differentiate them from other CT players. Might make the reg CT sponsored players work harder to become Pro CT
I considered this, and was thinking as "CLASH" as the prefix, but ultimately stuck with CT for brand awareness. You will soon see more of a difference once they get the jerseys, which only Pro Team members will have compared to everyone else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom