• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Smashfest (Next 6-2-07)

wangston

Smash Lord
I don't mean to pry or get personal but what "part of town" is Bishop St. is it in "the good part of town" is it a neighborhood, community, or just a house on a street.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I don't mean to pry or get personal but what "part of town" is Bishop St. is it in "the good part of town" is it a neighborhood, community, or just a house on a street.
Its right next to UC campus near Clifton if you know where that is. Not exactly considered "the good part of town," but lots of students are out on a saturday so you really shouldn' t have to worry too much.

Sliq

Smash Master
I don't forsee any problems. It is REALLY close ti campus, and ultimately the campus is extremely safe, so I woudln't worry about it.

Sliq

Smash Master
I finally got ahold of Ashley, and she is going to Chicago this weekend, so we have to have it at my apartment instead. It is inside of a gated community, so don't worry about safety.

I edited the first post, so go there for the location. Try to get here before 3 P.M.

All the biweeklies should be held at Ashley's from now on, depending on circumstances.

Sorry for all the confusion.

Jdub1990

Smash Rookie
Ill be going with Wangston if he agrees to leave before 10 so I can play some Twilight Princess

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm definatley doing tournies this time. Depending on how many people show up, I'm probably going to do Round robin, then either do semi finals or finals (all dependent on how many people show up).

I want to do a low tier tourney, then teams, and then singles. One TV will be used for friendlied all the time because it has this line at the top which bends the screen and makes it look like battlefields top platform is moving. It is weird.

I'm going to be recording matches on the big screen, so ultimately everyone should play on the Big TV at least once so that everyone gets in a vid, and I will of course record the Semi's and Finals.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Sort of last minute but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make this one. A friend of mine is camping Target tonight for a Wii and he's counting on me to help him out. If I came I'd only be able to stay for like an hour, so I'll have to see you guys at the next one. :(

Sliq

Smash Master
Yeah, so less people showed up to this one, whch I want to attrivute to the launch of the Wii, but I know better. If we don't start getting a better turnout, I might end up not having them in lieau of getting my homework done (because I won't be sleeping tonight).

Also, I should remove that picture, because I make most of my decidions based off of what other people think.

Dmac...too mean. :, (

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Yeah, so less people showed up to this one, whch I want to attrivute to the launch of the Wii, but I know better.
I wouldn't really rule that out. There were a lot of people waiting for the Wii this morning. It is after all why I didn't show. I hate to say it but getting to play TP this weekend was worth it...

I will come to the next one, promise. :(

Sliq

Smash Master
Videos of the last biweekly are up on the first page...of course, it is only teams, and there were only three teams...

I have no idea how to get people to come to these things...people complain that no one holds any smashfests or tournaments, but when I do, no one shows up.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Try posting in the Game Junkie forums way in advance in addition to here. There's more than a few people there that don't check here for whatever reason.

Also, just so we're clear so I can be sure to make it... the next one will be Dec 2nd, right? Will you be changing the time or location at all?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Grah. And exam week means I can't justify going out of town this weekend...

Hmm... Just because I really want to play some people outside the usual group sometime between now an the end of the year, I'll plan to hold something on the 9th or somewhere thereabouts... Not that I really expect anybody to come, though that might be for the best since my apartment can't handle a large turnout.

I'll go ahead and say 1PM to whenever, and I can send my address and info to any interested parties. I've got two setups at my place already but as usual bringing your own controller would be a good idea since most of my control sticks are completely FUBAR. If there's enough people I'll hold a tournament, most likely free since most of my friends probably wouldn't enter if it wasn't.

Sliq

Smash Master
More than likely, the next biweekly won't be until January. Either the second or third Saturday, depending on tournaments and/or homework.

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
Doc, if you want to play me again just IM me. We've played before. papayasown is my AIM, hit me up. I'm busy on weekends almost always though so go for week days (other than thursday nights).

neko

Smash Apprentice
i volunteer my house for a bi weekly that weekend. sliq will be out of town, and my place is way sweeter anyways ^^

i dont have a ride to fob, and i would have to get off work, and i'm broke. but if i do get off work saturday, and someone wants to give me a ride, then i might be able to go. but i dont get off work friday till 1030 so i couldnt leave till then. so my chances arent looking so good.

Afghan Whigs

Smash Cadet
Where at in Cinci do you guys live? I am home from college until Jan. and I would like to get some smash in. I live about 40 minutes away from downtown Cinci, if anyone lives near Clermont County and wants to play get in contact. I'd love to play in any tournies or biweeklies that are held from here on.

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
and my place is way sweeter anyways ^^

False.

Sliq and I will be at the PuttPutt tourney in mentor. Sliq is going because he lives in Northern Ohio. I'm going because it's a DDR tourney and a smash tourney.

Afghan, we live on exit 10, Galbraith road. Come play sometime. Talk to us on AIM first because I'm always working or busy on the weekends unless I know better and Justin is always being DAAP's *****.

neko

Smash Apprentice
no.. my house is better. but that's besides the point.

can anyone make it this weekend? if no one is going to come there wont be one.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
josh and i can make it, we'll try to get some more people from here to come. ameer said he would, and jiano is if enough people come. i dont know about anyone else though.

neko

Smash Apprentice
this is a little off topic but... does anyone know someone in denver i could stay with for a few days next week? my friend and i got some free plane tickets to there and want to go snowboarding... but dont have a lot of money or a place to stay.

((random))

Sliq

Smash Master
I think posting in a different region would work better. Find some smashers that live in Denver.

Top Bottom