• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Church of Smash presents: Weekly Mass (UOIT/Durham College)

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Mass is ON for November 1st

Yes, WEEKLY mass!

However there are some important details to read first:

Reasons to not come:

- Since this is always at a public venue that we don't reserve, theres usually only one TV running Smash, and it's an open public venue so there are occasionally crowds and wait times.
- It's pretty far for most of the GTA people
- Since there's alot of people, games are usually 2v2 or FFA
- No tournaments, just friendly matches and good times

Reasons to come:

- It's pretty fun, and theres alot of random people who show up thinking they're the best and you can take money from them. We hustled a total of 19 bucks today, 16 from one person alone
- Cheap snacks and drinks nearby, lots of other food in the university

It's also worth noting that due to the inconsistancy of some of us that whoever is setting up (usually Rob) will show up late or not at all, which is why I'm trying to make a point this is only best for someone already in the area who hasn't come out a long way, becaues I would hate for someone to come from Scarborough or something to find that none of us are there for some reason. I myself will try to make it clear if it's on or off, but people are inconsistant so be careful.

Also if this generates absolutely no interest, which I suspect it might, I'm letting it fall off the page and never mentioning it again.

So in summary, this isn't really something you should bust your *** to come out to, or spend alot of money on, because it's nothing special, just fun. This is really for anyone around here who actually goes to DC/UOIT, or knows people who do and want to play Smash, or if you're in the area.

Ok, so that's the important stuff, it came first so you would read it before deciding to come without knowing what's up.

When: Thursdays, every week, from rougly 10am-7/8/9pm

Where: 2nd floor of the Student Center, it's a big building that stands alone, and this isnt York University, so you should be able to find it or ask directions.

So, yeah. Come out if you're in the area, or want to hang out and hustle people for money, but don't come for serious, all-day Smash because you probably won't get to play nearly as much as at the bi-weekly.

We expect to be able to do this every week without fail, since Pointman Rob and friends live on res here and has no class on thursdays, and I have class on Thursdays so I always show. If it has to be cancelled there will (probably) be notification, but again I don't expect everyone to show up because it's nothing serious.

...Woot

alphameric

Smash Ace
*LAG POST*

but yea, we dont normally play singles until later in the day, but its good doubles practice i suppose :urg:

so basically if you are:
  • a student at durham college or uoit
  • in the area
  • know someone of the latter
come by

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
*LAG POST*

but yea, we dont normally play singles until later in the day, but its good doubles practice i suppose :urg:

so basically if you are:
  • a student at durham college or uoit
  • in the area
  • know someone of the latter
come by
I want to be going to UOIT a year from now, so its exciting to see a small smash community starting up! Hi im dan, hope ur still playing smash in a year :). I forget the details but i want to take the networking program there. But I was worried I would be without smash and clubs. (Are there any clubs in oshawa?) Keep playing :). Is anyone going to the starfurry tournament in toronto oct 6th? i might see u there.
Catcha later.

alphameric

Smash Ace
Is anyone going to the starfurry tournament in toronto oct 6th? i might see u there.
a number of us will be at starfurry.
as for any of us being at uoit/dc next year, i'm not quite sure.
i for one am graduated and just go down there because i can. i'm not sure if the others graduate this year or not

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Daniel is made of <3 guys. D: I would come by and shiz tbh but mlargh too far and ****. I think I know a couple of people that go that school. Though they dont smash but whatever.

coobhouston

Smash Rookie
you guys here the thursday of the 16th?
im fresh to UOIT and I for sure want to smash it up

**EDIT**

anyone in south? play a few maybe even before thursday

alphameric

Smash Ace
you guys here the thursday of the 16th?
im fresh to UOIT and I for sure want to smash it up

**EDIT**

anyone in south? play a few maybe even before thursday
we play every thursday.
one of use doesnt have classes that day and im graduated so we're there all day 930am - ~630/7pm.

we are playing this thursday too, so if you live on campus, come by.
if you have classes that day, just toss your sticks in your bag and come between classes/lunch break etc..

as for people in south, i think 2-3 are in south.
they were last year, so it's safe to assume they are now.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
we play every thursday.
one of use doesnt have classes that day and im graduated so we're there all day 930am - ~630/7pm.

we are playing this thursday too, so if you live on campus, come by.
if you have classes that day, just toss your sticks in your bag and come between classes/lunch break etc..

as for people in south, i think 2-3 are in south.
they were last year, so it's safe to assume they are now.
And by sticks, he means your controller.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
lol.
i assumed thats a common term -___-
No it's not, you ***. lol!

@David's you were "Adnan, pass me my sticks" I'm like "wtf chopsticks??" and then Ken, being the guy that he was told me that you called controllers "Sticks". lol not a common term if you're like the only one who uses it.

No johns. ;]

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Yes adrian, all the random terms we made up are commonly used. We just have that kind of influence on people.

coobhouston

Smash Rookie
well whatever the case, ima be there. i saw you guys play last week, and im excited to see how i fair against some of yeah

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Ya man and don't be shy, if your coming tomorow just ask for a game instead of the people that just watch.

coobhouston

Smash Rookie
i wasnt shy last week, just ina hurry. my curiosity was arroused when i saw 20 people around a gamecube. then i asked a friend (devin) what that was about and he told me the scoop

LatinoPowerHour

Smash Rookie
sept 19

we're going to be putting up a poster around the school, I hope even more people start showing up. we'll have to start taking more than one tv during midday.

also im pretty sure andre started calling controllers "sticks" but dont quote me.

Im coming this week i'll be there around 10 again.

also mugs make me a sig :embarrass

LatinoPowerHour

Smash Rookie
UOIT is good, you'll enjoy the laptop. About res ask smash rob or pointman rob :confused: but im sure its fine. if it were up to me i'd say you should move just off campus but close to the school. I played you on in teams with rob and i really hope you attend all the masses :). its always a good time and we get to know everyone better etc.

just try not to skip classes to come :psycho:

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
It was fun. Chilling with you guys is the best part. The fun matches and interesting/continous conversation is going to make me a regular.

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
hmm, i show up sumtimes. im the guy with the second gamecube that sets up whenever the other tv is free so more ppl can get into the action. altho that other tv, as u kno, is gimp lol. so sumtimes its not so friendly. i work nights so i usually show up after work, which leaves me tired so most of the... well, less skillful players that dont wanna get beat down by all the crazy l33t smashers... can come play on that second tv with me. so for the newer smashers that show up and dont wanna get humiliated, the second tv is for you.

sidenote... if anyone lives in ajax or the surrounding area that wants to have friendly battles, jus holla cuz im alwayz up for a game

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Humiliation is one of the first steps to getting better. And the majority of us live in the ajax/pickering area, mostly pickering but it may aswell be one city >_>

I think i've already added you david

edit: as a friend i meant

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
just check back here on like wednesday david, if we're doing it, which we probably are, ill remember to update the first post, and go ahead and come if you'd like, theres some uoit people im sure you'll enjoy beating, bernard sure did

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Just consider there's usually a fairly long wait time, since it's winner goes through, and if bernard shows up again you won't be able to win every match and keep playing all day.

hummm also show up around 10-11am at the earliest, prepare to leave around 6-7...

add me on msn if you want, kjdjy@hotmail.com

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Just consider there's usually a fairly long wait time, since it's winner goes through, and if bernard shows up again you won't be able to win every match and keep playing all day.

hummm also show up around 10-11am at the earliest, prepare to leave around 6-7...

add me on msn if you want, kjdjy@hotmail.com
wtf are you talking about.
lol jks

also i added you yellow_elephant__@hotmail.com

Top Bottom