• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chudat vs Marth?

Kirby's_Cake

Smash Rookie
any vids of Chudat playing against a decent Marth?

Youtube gave me none

I wanna see a good Kirby fight a good Marth for some info gathering as I"m calling it

Kirby's_Cake

Smash Rookie
wow I'll just youtube Kirby vs Marth and watch and learn from those matches, help me get an understanding on how to fight him

Kirby's_Cake

Smash Rookie
I would guess Chudat almost got 3 stocked because of Kirby's disadvantage to Marth

We as Kirby mainers need to develop strategies against our advantageful opponents

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Good Marths eat my face :(

It should be the other way around since I'm Kirby, I know.

Kirby's_Cake

Smash Rookie
I'm finding watching matches featuring Marth to be very informative on his playstyle

all I need to do now is come up with a counter to it and work that into my fights against my friend who gives me so much trouble

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Really all you have to do is space marth. Make sure you are never in a position where he can hit you but you can't hit him. Just be really patient. If you are getting hit tell yourself you are not being patient enough. I know when I lose to a marth its because I wasn't being patient enough. Every time.

If you want heres a vid of me playing marth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWg0RhVjzLA
I don't really think theres any special trick I have its just being patient and looking for when marth is vulnerable.

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
Dtilt alot and yes what twilight said be patient once this is the reason kirby is my main, i fight a marth, he beats my meta, almost 2 stock, i pull out kirby and 3 stock him in a 4 stock match, i made good use of Bair and edgeguarding, Nair fast falled is also good and combos with vulcan jab nicely, o and grab alot

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Dtilt alot and yes what twilight said be patient once this is the reason kirby is my main, i fight a marth, he beats my meta, almost 2 stock, i pull out kirby and 3 stock him in a 4 stock match, i made good use of Bair and edgeguarding, Nair fast falled is also good and combos with vulcan jab nicely, o and grab alot
I dunno about you, but my fastfalled nairs are almost always shielded and grabbed. Maybe it's wifi...or is there a way to space nair so that you're out of grab range? Doesn't seem to be the case, it has low priority.

That's not against Marth either, that's against pretty much everyone.

Edit: great video TWK. I learned a little! By the way...any good stages to counterpick against Marth? Norfair comes to mind for some reason, I'm not sure why >.>

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
Well, i often try to hit the Nair as kirby is still rising in the air or he is at the peak of his jump, this way you use it to DI away if shielded, but i throw mine in randomly i dont just run at them short hop then Nair, but marth personally is an issues if your playing one who is good with spacing which is anoying but, running shield grabds help ocassionally so does playing defensive so he must come to you

PinkMarshMallow

Smash Apprentice
Is kinda a pain, but yea Marth is hard on kirby, I just wish the kirby has more range and more projectiles that buff him up XD but would he still be kirby =0 (of course).

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
use kirby's disadvantage to your advantage,
final cutter has suprising priority and range not counting his final strike
crouching makes him duck shield breakers and dtilts have as much range as his Fsmash
he expects you to come close but approach from the air and stay defensive, i know a good marth player ill show you how its done.

Top Bottom