• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Christmas Day Brings Us Sonic's Final Way and Song of the Day

Grandeza

Smash Master
That music brings back so many amazing memories. Also Sakurai described the music as "hot". I never would expect that from Sakurai.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
The music is really calm for a song we fight to. But the tempo rises so its perfect because it kind of describes Sonic right off the bat...cool but ready to go.

Could Angel Island be Sonic's home stage in Brawl. We'll have to wait and see. Personally, I'm a Green Hill fan. Hopefully, Sonic gets a bonus stage too. Not bad for a Christmas update everyone.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
What could his stage possibly be? Did Sakurai confirm Knuckles being in Brawl for that statement? SEGA has really teamed up with Nintendo?...

Also, Sakurai gave us 7 Rainbow Emeralds for Christmas with a Golden Sonic on top of the tree lol.

Chasesin

Smash Apprentice
Todays update was mindblowing!

i think nobody along with myself had any idea what sonics final smash was going to be
serious, who would of thought it would of been super sonic...nobody saw it coming!

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
What could his stage possibly be? Did Sakurai confirm Knuckles being in Brawl for that statement? SEGA has really teamed up with Nintendo?...

Also, Sakurai gave us 7 Rainbow Emeralds for Christmas with a Golden Sonic on top of the tree lol.
Knuckles won't be playable; that's obvious. It would be neat if they added him in as a stage hazard for the level though. Then Tails could be given the AT, and there would be no more arguing on which one of them deserves representation in the game.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
super sonic looked mildly remodeled... just a bit more detail on him. Also i loved the song it was a great song.

Thumbs up brawl team!

Knuckles will not be playable.... the update means nothing so don't bring it up again

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I know their Chaos Emeralds. Just happened to be 7 of them in Rainbow Colors. Sorry for not being clear on that. Also, I never said Knuckles was playable. I was just saying he's going to be involved somehow, maybe be part of the cinematics. I'm looking forward to Tails being an assist. He's the logical choice everybody is expecting but won't be surprised (most people anyway I know) to see.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Best... Present.... EVAR. I'm a Sonic fan at heart, and to me, this was an update that didn't dissappoint. Sure we knew of Super Sonic, but the images here were crisp and the Music was awesome.... This is my favorite present this year.

T-major

Smash Champion
not what I was expecting for Christmas, but... well, it's not bad.

we already knew the Final Smash, but the music was sweet, so I'm not complaining. we got some cool Super Sonic pictures too... I might make a sig with those... :D

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Gamer8? I gotta ask. What the heck is that Power Rangers sig all about? I'm pulling a blank on the episode it's from and what's going on? As far as the Sonic Update? Yes! Very nice to see that out of the way and with a bonus music too.. Angel Island is perfect. It's definitely going to be high on my list of songs for that Sonic Stage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Angel Island Music sounds GREAT, and I can't wait to hear the full version. Still hoping for Green Hill level.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Gamer8? I gotta ask. What the heck is that Power Rangers sig all about? I'm pulling a blank on the episode it's from and what's going on? As far as the Sonic Update? Yes! Very nice to see that out of the way and with a bonus music too.. Angel Island is perfect. It's definitely going to be high on my list of songs for that Sonic Stage.
IDK I found it on photobucket.

Dewd

Smash Rookie
I just beat Sonic 3 for the first time yesurday....Its a sign

Dais

Smash Cadet
What if instead of having any more 3rd party characters, they take advantage of the fact that they already have the Sonic francise and make Tails and Knuckles playable? I would turn down any other 3rd party char to play as knuckles. They need a few more bomshells to drop and with Mega Man deconfirmed . . . Even EGM's april fools prank way back when had Sonic AND Tails in it. Who would complain? It is a chance. Maybe people just don't want to jinx it by thinking positive........ (i want knuckles dang it) Oh and on Topic: Angel Island Music Rawks (good choice) The stage is still gonna be Green Hill tho.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
The second half of the update actually made me extremely happy when I was listening to it.

So many memories of playing Sonic when I was younger, so many nice memories.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
I suppose it's a very good update for people who only go to the Dojo for info and wouldn't have known about Super Sonic.
The music is what mattered to most of us though it was the music which made the update, the Knuckles namedrop was a great bonus too. I'd love to have both him and tails in the game one way or another.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Best... Present.... EVAR. I'm a Sonic fan at heart, and to me, this was an update that didn't dissappoint. Sure we knew of Super Sonic, but the images here were crisp and the Music was awesome.... This is my favorite present this year.
Quoted for TRUTH!

The song was the thing that made the update, I'm still phyced about that. Merry X-mas Sakuri, also Jun Senoue, you really know what you're doing.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not a bad update at all! First, we finally receive Sonic's FS(which I saw coming miles away, BTW) and then a Angel Island remix(which sounds good and stays in the spirit of the Sonic series). I have a feeling that the following updates will progressively get better(especially once Sakurai gets the remaining option updates out of the way)!;)

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
The Sonic updates was great. The angel island remix song sounds very good.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
lame update for christmas.

it only appealed to the whiny fans who begged for sonic to be in.

not everyone wanted sonic in in the first place.

/rant

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I love the music update. I'm not much a Megaman rooter. Now that he's been deconfirmed, I'm so hoping to be surprised. The person I really like to see, I know its insane, I'm actually a Sora and Lloyd/Emil fan lol. Don't go blaspheming me. I saw the Sora thread and him in Brawl looks really good, just like Saki Amamiya.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Meh, don't see whats so amazing about either the music or the final smash. I've seen Super Sonic over 9000 times at E For All, and I think the music update was way overrated.

I mean, seriously, its like putting an update on the site saying the old Super Mario Bros overworld theme is up for Delfino Plaza.(Which it is, BTW) Its nice to hear the theme again and all, but there's nothing new about it that makes it interesting. Just a remix thats way too close to the original version.

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
his final smash was in the sonic trailer sort of. y tell us when most of us could already figure it out?

Garuda

Smash Ace
Because it would be awkward to have all the other characters have their Final Smashes on their pages except for Sonic.

Top Bottom