• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Choose a Pokemon you'd like in Smash from every Generation!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i will give it a try
Gen 1: :132: (for fun lol but honestly shapeshifter fighter would be amazing to have and Ditto is easy to implement as he is already 90% playable right now)

Gen 2: :245: (can use ice moves which would be great to have more of it)
Gen 3: Grovyle (PMD needs a rep we dont have content from PMD yet in smash but not only for that Grovyle can also use the PMD items during a fight including the time gear which stops time)
Gen 4: Regigigas (basically can be the strongest fighter yet he will start as the slowest fighter in the beginning which would be interesting to be implemented in smash since fighting him would be like trying to push a tank also his voice would be crazy to hear)

Gen 5: Genesect (we dont have bugs in smash)
Gen 6: Diancie (the anime version of Diancie makes her fighting style very unique and interesting)

Gen 7: Magearna (we need more robots in smash :ultrob::ultmegaman:)
Gen 8: Dragapult (we dont have ghosts in smash)
Bonus echo: Mega Charizard X (we gotta have him back with Rock smash and blue fire seeing him removed is just sad)

Last edited:

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Generation 1: Dragonite
Generation 2: Heracross
Generation 3: Grovyle (Mystery Dungeon). And if spin-offs don't count then Breloom.
Generation 4: Garchomp
Generation 5: Samurott
Generation 6: Hawlucha
Generation 7: Decidueye
Generation 8: Dragapult

Last edited:

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
Gen 1 remains untouched. It gets enough representation that I would rather put a gun in my mouth before I add any other. Even if I remember a bizzare time I went to a friends to play Smash 64 and Meowth was playable and was eternally confused about that 20 years later.

Gen 2 is also fine with just Pichu. Doesn't need anything else.

Gen 3 is Grovyle as a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon rep. It's a middle stage evolution and gen 3 which hasn't gotten something. That or Gardevoir withh how high it's popularity is.

Gen 4 is fine with Lucario.

Gen 5 could probably bring in Serperior as an interesting body shaped fighter. Like, You must fight a literal giant snake and not someone named Snake.

Gen 6 is Braixen. Another Middle stage and one that outclasses it's final evolution that it got in as a Pokken fighter

Gen 7 is fine with the ***** Cat Wrestler, but wouldn't be mad if Mimikyu was picked.

Gen 8... I don't know, no strong feelings for any but guess Cinderace would do....

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
No it ****ing isn't.
Look, I'm not the happiest with 'yet another Pokemon'... But it atleast has the flair and personality you would never find another character to impersonate as well as the fact that it works really well with a lot of the Spirits that featured Cats.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Gen 1: No more. We good fam. If I HAD to pick? Electabuzz might be neat.

Gen 2: Has to be Scizor right? Really cool, standout Pokémon. Can't go wrong with it.

Gen 3: Several choices here for me personally. Gardevoir is my favorite Pokémon and is popular. Zangoose is a low key good one as well. Swampert too. The one with the most potential? Deoxys. Probably wouldn't have a form switch because 4 different movesets is overkill, but could still incorporate them somehow.

Gen 4: Weavile. Fits the bill pretty well as a fighter. Possible ice moves too which isn't common. Gliscor would be neat too, mainly as I'm a fan of it.

Gen 5: Victini. Cute design, don't have much else to say. Blanking on any other choices.

Gen 6: Braxien or whatever it's called. Already in Pokken, more liked than the final Evo. Espurr. Biased pick. Super cute, though some may argue for Meowstic. Prefer Espurr though.

Gen 7: Gotta be Tapu Coco right? Don't really like gen 7 but that Pokémon is one of the first that rings a bell when I think of it.

Gen 8: Still struggling to remember gen 8 mon names. Blanking out lol. Not really feeling the Starters or Legendaries. Alcremie might be a fun one. Weird choice I know but it's interesting.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't think of Pokemon as generations. There is 'new' for sure, or 'old.' Considering the variance in frequency of regions, recurrence of Pokemon, and number of new ones in each gen- I don't really think generations matter.

However, to play along:

1- Meowth/Team Rocket
2- Togepi
3- Deoxys
4- Piplup or Arceus
5-
6- Eevee (I'm counting it, since we have the 8th Eeveelution here)
7-
8- Rillaboom

I truly cannot think of ones from 5 or 7 that I would be happy to see in Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom