• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

choknater's sheik videos

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
from a tournament in early may

sheik vs wario
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GiBoKmce9Vc

sheik vs fox
http://youtube.com/watch?v=M7BUBeVKJTg

sheik vs ness
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l_mqR8QROCA
^my favorite match^

i realize i am a reckless sheik player. but it's funner that way so it's okay with me.

06/01/08 crew practice sets

sheik vs snake
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E7NUUYlatXQ

06/01/08 recorded friendlies

sheik vs diddy kong
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7z2JUP0VMwM

08/07/08 friendly set

sheik vs peach
R1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1YxjNDXD7k
R2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4HmjwB14E8 (mostly Zelda)
R3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFEmVvViV4w
R4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGY9ByAWqQ
R5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArEXwr8dXus

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
I love a reckless Sheik. The feeling of being swarmed and immobile can really take a toll on the opponenet.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I really like your Sheik as you play very fast pace and aggressive, sadly because of this is the main reason why you lost to that defensive Wairo in the first match. I also noticed in your fighting style you tend to striking where your opponent is over where they are going and because of Brawl physics and sheik lack of high priority this could become more of a problem down the road.

In the Fox video you didn't completly a monopolized on Foxes falling speed and could of easily gotten a good two or more extra tilts in before having to use the Utilt.

The Ness video was simply beautiful, you played almost that of another level and made me smile. Ness always gives me a hard time and even though he's not one of Sheiks harder match up he is difficult, good job.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah thanks tristan. yeah i noticed at that tournament the reason i lost to the wario is because i was doing a lot of punishable stuff to him. i think i should rethink a lot of the ways i deal with different kinds of characters. wario can deal with sheik's speed because of the way he moves in the air and his huge priority... ah well, i'll get em next time.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thanks guys. unfortunately i lost the set xD

i've been working on my aggressive playstyle, and it's sad to say it but... it's really, really hard to uphold against better players and their respective high tier characters...

snake and toon link outprioritize sheik VERY badly, and even though i can get major damage with tilt combos, they are hard to KO.

i think i need to work harder on my zelda in order to win those matches... perhaps it's the only way.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
Transforming seems like the most viable option for KOing. Sheik is one of the best characters for racking up damage..but the lack of a good KO move is such a bog down. It's not like Zelda is bad character.

Transforming seems practical in this game.

Edit: PS, transforming removes stale moves.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, yeah. i hate being too eager to transform and pressing down B when they are not far enough...

getting punished and killed for transforming = (wo)manly tears

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
yeah... and i hate it when i think they won't die and transform... but they actually die and there's no time to transform back and then i get ***** :(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
more videos recorded this weekend, teams and singles

including an amazing display of sheik's capabilities in this one sheik vs snake match that i play.

ADHD

Smash Hero
thanks guys. unfortunately i lost the set xD

i've been working on my aggressive playstyle, and it's sad to say it but... it's really, really hard to uphold against better players and their respective high tier characters...

snake and toon link outprioritize sheik VERY badly, and even though i can get major damage with tilt combos, they are hard to KO.

i think i need to work harder on my zelda in order to win those matches... perhaps it's the only way.
Just a tip against snakes are to spam needles to force them to approach and be very careful about getting off the ground, if you get launched in the air use your dair to get down but not enough to have that costly lag effect when landing. Getting off the ground constantly in a snake match just hands a win to them.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm... dair... i've been hearing that move has good priority. how would it do against snake's usmash or utilt? those also have ridiculous priority. would dair win, clash, or be beaten against utilt? would it go through the mortar or be stopped by the mortar?

i don't have a wii so i can't discover these things myself.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Dammmmn,

I didn't know Sheik could still go that fast...maybe I should start fast falling again.

Anyways great video Choknater, you have a very gutsy Sheik.

I mean seriously, I would of never jump over a Snake fsmash only to hit him from behind with a nair. If Snake's fsmash hit's anywhere behind him like so many other characters smash attacks then you could have been easily killed, TWICE.

Luckily this didn't happen but it takes real guts to do that ****.

Oh, I enjoy your chain stall strategy. I've know of it but I've never actually used it constantly in combat. I'll remember to add that to my Sheik play as it seems to be effective enough, although I wouldn’t think of doing it all three times would be a good idea as if you do get knock away before you touch ground again there goes your tether.

..About the dair, I know that it can cut though the mortar but I forget now if it stops you or not.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
how does shiek do against snake? i'm looking for a character to counter him
Well Snake isn't necessary a strong Sheik counter as he can get tilt locked and needle spamming really put a stop to his snakedashing but it isn't really any easier then if you used someone else.

Although with the mixture of Zelda with your Sheik play the match up becoming greatly easier as racking up a good 100 damage isn't very hard to accomplish on Snake.

Zelda also doesn’t have huge difficult fighting Snakes as well and with how Snake’s ^B works it’s fairly easy to gimp them with din fire.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah. my zelda has been lacking a lot lately, in the near future i play to play a lot of matches with just zelda so i can get a good feel for her and know what to do when i transform.

Ants

Smash Cadet
wow, ur sheik is awesome in the snake match-up. Do you play just as good/better with any other character or is sheik ur best?

Interesting that you managed to stick with sheik throughout the whole match, against snake I thought zelda was kinda mandatory.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I didn't switch to Zelda because that particular snake player tends to do a LOT of damage on my Zelda before I can deal a killing blow. I need to work on my Zelda a lot before I can start switching confidently again.

And yeah, I do play well with a lot of other characters, but I happen to play Sheik the most simply because she is my favorite. My DDD might be slightly better, but I enjoy Sheik more.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i updated the 1st page with a video against diddy kong

advice please?

notes:
- i lose the match, had trouble being aggressive with the bananas in the way
- i caught on mid-match but it couldn't catch up
- zelda was ineffective, those of you who play zelda give me some other options besides c-sticking

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Gimp him. If you really must use Zelda, try using tilts. dtilt sets up into smashes decently well, utilt is a nice defensive KO option. You seem to do a lot of running usmashes, which he goes and shieldgrabs or something. Mix it up and Last-Arc Vanish, try to bait the grab. Against Diddy, I would concentrate less on early off-the-top KOs and more edgeguarding, because his recovery is really kind of limited. Also, ban FD because bananas ruin the floor without platforms.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I would recommend never using Zelda against Diddy as Zelda just can't deal with his high level of pressure play. Also because of the usual fighting style Diddy’s have of sticking mainly to the ground mix with Diddy speed and size that match up is not only very difficult for Zelda but forces you to use her in a abnormal ways, which is very hard to do if your not comfortable with her.

Diddy strength is his bananas and on levels with very few platforms they give him a huge advantage. However a good way to counter this is wait it out or to guard his banana supply.

Diddy bananas have a short life span when not being carried and throwing them out fresh ones leave Diddy quite open. I recommend if you think Diddy defense are too strong is to jump of the side of the stage and do a low tether. The only way he can reach you is if he either jump off after you or throw a banana down at you. Both of theses options are not very effect and are very easy to dodge and read.

Once his bananas start to blink begin your attack and keep the pressures on the monkey so he wont be able to throw out some more without getting punished.

Another good idea is after you kill Diddy is to immediately pick up any left over bananas and hold onto them as long as you can since Diddy can only have 2 bananas out of the field at once.

A painful thing you realize is that Diddy can make you trip on a banana even while shielding and that letting go of your shield does change your stance so at times you will be force to act.

A common Diddy strategy I’ve been facing is when Diddy fsmash, downsmash, or even ftilt my shield and because of the momentum of being hit I will slide into his bananas, which then proceeds to tech chase.

Hmm, Personally I think Diddy ^B is easier to counter with the bair then the nair. I’m not really sure why yet since I don’t fight many good Diddy often but recent matches showed that it’s harder for the money to out prioritized with his ^B.

The best advise I can really give you though is learn to catch his bananas, constantly.

Ants

Smash Cadet
for playing as zelda...
you seem to use downsmash after sheilding an attack, which isnt that bad seeing as it is one of zelda's fastest attacks. But her neutral B is just as fast - if not faster - and has longer range + its harder to spotdodge, so its something to consider instead of a downsmash after sheilding an attack.
Also, I wouldn't rely too much on trying to sweetspot her fair and bairs, especially against short characters like diddy.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL thanks

big ups to tristan win, that helped greatly. maybe i should pick a stage like battlefield so the bananas would be less dominant. better yet, norfair HAHAH.

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
You did absolutely amazing in the ness vid and you were doing good in the wario one until u kindve got thrown out of your rythym and warior was stuck at 77. On the fox vid, im not saying you did bad because you actually did good but you made a few mistakes. (not that i can really be a judge since you would prolly stock me if i played fox =P)

Sorry didnt feel like watching more after ness lol that was just, amazing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha thanks. i did play really well against the ness, that is one of my favorite videos.

thanks for the compliments... however these videos are QUITE outdated, xD.

i play a lot gayer, i think. i still have a lot of cool aggressive approaches and tactics, but against wario i'd be doing a lot of release grab usmashes, and ftilting. against foxes, i would most likely ftilt from like 20% to 100% into usmash. very gay, but effective.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
obligatory bump.

new videos recorded, finally! i haven't recorded anything in months

just 5 videos, a 3-2 set between me and my friend Chokalait's peach
featuring
- aggressive, high pressure play on both sides
- choknater's *kinda sorta decent* zelda!
- bonus: when NOT to transform!!
- almost-consistent DACUS, and DACUS ko!
- lots of new situational sheik tactics for everyone to enjoy! (what to do when getting grab released, the uses of dtilt, offensive up-B, LOTS of needles, etc)

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
In these easy steps, Choknater can show YOU how to become a Sheik pro in days! So order now with three easy payments of $19.99! (Not including a $15.00 S&H cost.)

Sorry, it just sounded like a sales pitch XD

Top Bottom