• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicken Coop Smash tourny April 18th Yorkville, Il Brawl and Melee

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
this is in my grandparents old chicken coop that was renovated a few years back and its pretty nice now, seems prefect for this kinda thing.

This will be both brawl and melee (yes i know they have a circuit event but meh far away)

BRING SET UPS.

April 18th
TIMES: brawl and melee will run at the same time.. dunno if melee doubles will happen if not enough people show up.. first time running a melee thing so.. yeah..

Brawl Doubles - 12pm to when it finishes
Melee Doubles - 2pm to when it finishes
Brawl Singles - 4pm to when it finishes
Melee singles - 5:30pm to when it finishes.
________
Door Fee: $2 (I'm going to try to get some hotdogs or something for food so this will probably cover that.)
Entry Fee: $5 per person for singles, $10 PER TEAM for doubles.

________
Prizes: 60%/30%/10%

Venue

Name: My Grandparents old chicken coop (pretty nice place now)
Address: 271 Tuma Rd
Yorkville, Illinois, 60560 United States

Brawl Rules

• 3 stock
• 2/3 sets
• 3/5 finals
• 8 minute time limit
• Items off

• Ties broken by lower percentage wins

• First stage agreed upon or random

• DSR: You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on.

• Suicider gets the win. Sudden Death is never played.

• One stage ban allowed.

•Bring your own controller
•Glitches and tactics used to stall a match, are banned.

•Team Attack is ON
•Life stealing allowed

• IC's can alternate chaingrab

•DDD's standing infinites are ban.

Stage List:

Random –

Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Battlefield

Counterpicks -

Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Lylat Cruise
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Corneria
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Green Greens
Brinstar
Jungle Japes

All other stages are banned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=========================================================

melee rules (i just grabbed the mk vs itachi rule set.. tell me if you want something changed because i don't know much about melee tournament stuff yet.

Rules

* Items off.
* 4 stock, 8-minute timer
* Best out of 3, with finals best out of 5
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.

* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is BANNED

Stage List

Neutrals:

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:

- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Jungle Japes
- Green Greens
- Corneria
- Mushroom Kingdom II

Banned:

- Everything else

Pay Out:

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

SET UP LIST

MachinegunNorm - full brawl set up, full melee set up

~PsykoTek~

Smash Cadet
lol ill definately show up but my dad dais this place is way out in the country, i wont get lyched or buttraped by the KKK or anything will I? ._.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
lol ill definately show up but my dad dais this place is way out in the country, i wont get lyched or buttraped by the KKK or anything will I? ._.
lol no, besides i know all the people in the surrounding houses (they are my cousins / grandparents)

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
-___-

I'm not even gonna say it.
good because not everyone wants to drive 5 hours or w/e to a melee tournament.
i suck at melee but i still enjoy it but would not go that far for it. and plus its not like i'm going to take away from your tournament (this is only a 5 dollar tournament so its not like people are all of a sudden goign to change their plans to go to yours) so thanks for the bump.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Wow... a tournament that's only like 40 minutes away?

I might have to go to this instead of POE ...

Chicago people (Khepri, Kels) who are looking for rides: if you can take a metra out somewhere near geneva, I can pick you up (and drop you off) and get you to this.

~PsykoTek~

Smash Cadet
Awww **** then im definately showing up lol, and it says this is about teh same distance away from me as Play n' trade on Mapquest, ill brong a set-up if need be.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i'll post a picture of the building soon so you don't walk into my aunt and uncle's house.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Maybe we should have a bbq. ... seriously a chicken coop sounds hilariously awesome
if you want to bring stuff i can try to have a grill, i was going to try to have a grill anyways to cook the hotdogs.

anyways my number is 630-740-9071
so give me a call if you get lost or something tomorrow.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
yeah, also i'm going to do the tournament one after each other sense it doesn't sound like it will be big, also who is bringing set ups? i want to make a list.
there is a tv there that you can use for melee probably sense it doesn't have the avi input.(at least i don't think it does, its pretty old.)

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord

this is what the place looks like use the door around the side, not the one that you can see in the picture. the door is on the right.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i'm here right now and also if you have any questions or if you get lost or anything be sure to call me. my number is 630-740-9071

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
brawl results:
1. arty
2. scythe
3. ook
(arty and scythe didn't play they split and scythe gave arty the win.) i guess they play each other too much.

melee results:
1.brightside
2.Jazzness
3.Scythe

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
quik didn't come but i should have another one of these sometime soon, i'll give more notice this time though.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
alright i'm having another one of these the 18th, yes i know another melee cuircit but that in ohio and thats like 5-6 hours away and who really wants to drive that far?

also i updated first post, i raised entry to 10 dollars which is what i normally have, but if you guys want 5 dollars then sure. or if you just want melee or brawl to be 5 and the other 10 just tell me and i'll make a poll.

and i'm going to see if the pop machine works and if it does ill stock it and it will probably be like 50 cents a pop. and yes i'll have hotdogs again sense it wasn't hard to make them and people liked them.

I'm looking for someone to run melee It was impossible for me to try to run them both at the same time so if i can have someone to help that would be awesome.

oh yeah and there will be doubles this time... wasn't enough last time but i will have them even if their is only 2 teams. XD;

Zjiin

Smash Master
There's a slight chance i'll show for this, but if i'm up for melee, i'll prob be driving 7 hours away for it (...for some reason). I'll let ya know closer to the date. If i do attend, i can surely run Melee.

Scythe

Smash Master
Zjiin gather some locals for the melee! Use your special smasher magnet.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
lol brightside is funny, but i guess he still needs to play quik. XD
anyways that would be great if you would come and run it, but if you want to drive to ohio then thats alright also i guess.

ALSO BRING SET UPS. :D No venue fee if you do. and i want to write who is bringing them.

and people from allisbrawl is asking for tournaments to be 5 dollars because they don't want to pay 40 to enter all of them, what do you guys think?

Mars-

Smash Champion
How come everytime brightside and jazzness go to a tourny they are both there?

Anyway I will probably make this next one for melee.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
ALSO BRING SET UPS. :D No venue fee if you do. and i want to write who is bringing them.

and people from allisbrawl is asking for tournaments to be 5 dollars because they don't want to pay 40 to enter all of them, what do you guys think?
Bring a wii-mote for your Wii this time... You seriously don't know how frustrated I was about that lol. Just ask Brightside. He'll vouch for me. He's the man.
Oh yes, and I won't forget the power cord for my GC this time.

$5 tournaments again, this time plz.

Top Bottom