• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibi Robo discussion

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Im suggesting Chibi-Robo. Back off haters!

Ok, I think Chibi-Robo would be an excellent addition to Brawl. He is almost a Nintendo character. So Im giving the Pros and Cons:

Pros:
-Has two only-nintendo games (one coming for DS).
-New and fresh character
-Fits perfectly
-Miyamoto and Nintendo loved the character(and they have some influence on the making of Brawl).

Cons:
-The game is from Bandai (though I've heard Nitendo bought part of the company).
-If Ray and Megaman get in too, there would be too many robots in the game.
-The game is too new

In the game, he is very, VERY small. But I think they can make itof the size of Pichu and it would look OK. And I even thought of a moveset:

Bup-Chibi copter
Bleft/right-Chibi plug (he could swing it around)
Bdown-Toothbrush (he could make the floor slippery, and take advantage of it).
B-Chibi Blaster

That's it. Please don't be too rude. And if someone already posted this thread. I apologize with the mods.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love this idea. It is very fun. I didn't realise that he is a bandai character though, I thought he was Nintendo all the way. Oh well, it's still the best slave labor simulator out on the market today.

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
In thruth, Chibi Robo IS a new character, but has everything it takes to be a good chara: charism, appears in only-Nintendo games, metallic skin, mini-size(Reducto, anyone?), and Miyamoto loves it. And it's a great game from what I've heard, so I'd say it would fit in Brawl right away.

It could make it, hope it does, it'd be great, and it's be a great character, the type of chara that could say: "Come and kiss my cold and metallic arse".

Zeio

Smash Apprentice
Chibi-robo yay or nay

The we little robo who seeks happiness from his owners for smash? yay or nay

tirkaro

Smash Champion
he wouldn't be good as a character. however he would be PERFECT as an item. he'll plug into you! and attack for you!..or something like that..

bbb

Smash Champion
Yay. Chibi's got my vote.

I love that game. To grab he should stick you in his head.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lets see, Helicopter, Toothbrush (Used for cleaning purposes), Chibi-Blaster, Mug (You hide undernieth it), Spoon (Digs holes), and Liquid-squirter.

Yup, Chibi-robo can work, hardcore. He gets my support.

chibifibi

Smash Apprentice
Haha chibi. Xianfeng are you sure Kirby is 0'8''? How many times does he fit into Ganondorf's height? Cuz I always imagined Ganondorf to be like 6'10''.

Rash

Smash Ace
He shouldn't be a playable character. Maybe an item, or trophy.

How about a Chibi Robo stage? It could be based on one of the levels in his game (Kitchen, anyone?).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Wow, way to ignore Tomasiarity's post. I'm going to post there after posting here, and I hope people will start to use the Search button more often.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I like this idea, I haven't played the game though. He looks like a VERY unique character with a lot of potential, good idea.

He is one of the newer Nintendo characters who deserve to be in this, along with Captain Olimar and some others.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
All the characters have been somewaht scaled. Yes, Kirby is 0'8", yet he's
somehow half link's height. Ganondorf and bowser are also mega-huge, but
they've been shrunken to make them "fair".

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You have it the wrong way buddy. Look at Tomasiarity's first post, it's 2 months old. The other one was just made today, July 3.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Whoo. Go Chibi. I love this game, and I've only played the demo. And the "he's too small" argument holds no water for, as xainfeng already said, Kirby was originally about a foot tall. Just do this wonderful thing called "scaling up".

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Tomasiarity said:
Cons:
-If Ray and Megaman get in too, there would be too many robots in the game.
-The game is too new
Those are some of the most awful reasons why he shouldn't be in the game.

Megaman isn't even a robot. How are 3 robots "too much"? Are 15 humans "too much"?
Are 5 humanoids "too much"? Are 7 sword wielders "too much"? Well how about this: If Ray and Megaman got in, Chibi Robo would still be the only robot. I'm not going to even BEGIN to flame the reason "the game is too new". Those reasons don't even begin to barely attempt to try to justify themselves, and I can deduce from that that the only reason why you decided to include them was because you could think of nothing further to write.

Megaman is about as robotic as a dead hedgehog.

This complete nonsense has led me to believe that Chibi Robo WOULD be a good
character in brawl, even though I had my doubts before reading this thread.

:mad:

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Those are some of the most awful reasons why he shouldn't be in the game.

Megaman isn't even a robot. How are 3 robots "too much"? Are 15 humans "too much"?
Are 5 humanoids "too much"? Are 7 sword wielders "too much"? Well how about this: If Ray and Megaman got in, Chibi Robo would still be the only robot. I'm not going to even BEGIN to flame the reason "the game is too new". Those reasons don't even begin to barely attempt to try to justify themselves, and I can deduce from that that the only reason why you decided to include them was because you could think of nothing further to write.

Megaman is about as robotic as a dead hedgehog.

This complete nonsense has led me to believe that Chibi Robo WOULD be a good
character in brawl, even though I had my doubts before reading this thread.

:mad:
You are completely right here, and I commend you,But unless we're talking the legends version, Megaman is TOTALLY a robot, as is just about everyone in that series except Dr. Wily and Dr. Light.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
As much as I'd like to have Chibi in Brawl, I don' think it will happen. Chibi isn't popular enough and not enough people would want him to be in Brawl.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I'd like to see him in it, and if he isn't a char/item/STAGE, definately as a trophy or whatever it is in Brawl.

Kalaquinn

Smash Apprentice
He can also have some sort of recharge move, which lets him slowly gain back health. To compensate for this, being that he's a little guy, he could easily be sent off at low percentages. What would be interesting is if they made him stronger at low percentages, and the higher he becomes, the weaker he is; hence the need to recharge.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
XD Chibi's sheild could be the mug. I like the original poster's moveset except for the toothbrush idea. I'm very anti-"makes the ground slippery" moves. It's just stupid.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
A tiny metal robot armed with a toothbrush?

Wonderful idea, Chibi Robo needs Brawl, and Brawl needs Chibi Robo.

WhenJigglypuffsAttack

Smash Cadet
Kalaquinn said:
He can also have some sort of recharge move, which lets him slowly gain back health. To compensate for this, being that he's a little guy, he could easily be sent off at low percentages. What would be interesting is if they made him stronger at low percentages, and the higher he becomes, the weaker he is; hence the need to recharge.
I think that would be really cool. Everyone knows how small he is, but if they put him in I imagine him the size of pichu or kirby. Yay, Chibi! Although I kind of doubt it, I'd like to see him in brawl. :chuckle:

Maverick69

Smash Ace
I support this character wholeheartedly and i intend to make an entire moveset for him.

EDIT - OK PEOPLE HERE IT IS AN ENTIRE MOVESET FOR CHIBI ROBO CREATED BY YOURS TRULY!!!

Chibi Robo

A - kick

AA - kick, headbutt

Forward Tilt - swings the cord at the opponent (just the cord, still holding the plug. kinda whips you with it)

Down Tilt - Chibi Robo does a little sweep kick.

Up Tilt - points the plug upwards and jumps, electrocuting slightly anyone above him.

Dash Attack - Runs forward, pulls out the toothbrush and jumps onto it, sliding on it into the opponents and freshening their breath at the same time!

Nair - swings the plug around (smaller circle. Weaker version of the Smash B move)

Fair - does a big smack with the toothbrush, swinging it like a bat.

Bair - Backwards smack with the spoon. Kind of a backhand slap... but it's a spoon.

Dair - Throws his plug straight down. Tip of the plug would be a sweet spot, doing a heck of a meteor smash.

Uair - Sticks the syringe straight up in the air.

B - Chibi Blaster. Little laser shots fired. Can be charged but not as much as samus.

Down B - Toothbrush. Chibi Robo dashes forward scrubbing with the toothbrush. Anyone he runs into is knocked back. He leaves behind a trail of water that other characters can slip in. The trail lasts about 5 seconds

Up B - Chibi Copter, anyone hit by it gets caught up like Young Link's Up-B. Great horizontal recovery, ok vertical.

Smash B - Plug. Chibi Robo grabs the cord and spins in a circle, the plug entending outward in a circle. A little bit like Luigi/Mario's Down B but slower and stronger. A hit from the cord knocks them upwards, a direct hit from the plug electrocutes and has good knockback.

Smash - Chibi Robo Tosses his Plug forward and smacks people.

Up Smash - Sticks the Syringe up in the air.

Down Smash - Chibi Robo busts out the spoon. Scoops forward and then behind. Knocks Upward well. (Kinda like CF Dsmash)

Grab - Chibi robo pulls them inside his head.

Forward Throw - Chibi Robo thrusts his head forward (headbangs lol) and opens his head and the opponent flies out.

Down Throw - Chibi Robo does a frontflip, opening his head in the process and letting them fall out, then falls on the person. (diving headbutt)

Back Throw - Basically a reverse of the forward throw. Chibi robo throws his head back and opens it.

Up Throw - Chibi Robo deploys his copter with the opponent still inside, slicing them up for a sec and then launching them skywards.

Taunt - The Drake Redcrest pose!

Costume 1 - Chibi Robo
Costume 2 - Dog Costume
Costume 3 - Frog Costume
Costume 4 - Drake Redcrest

Kirby - A cord and plug trail behind Kirby.

Shield - Mug! (had to throw it in) Instead of shrinking, the mug starts to get a crack up the side until it shatters.

Super Smash - Once again I am torn between two ideas. Here they are.

1) You knew this was coming. Here comes Drake Redcrest. Drake flies out, lands next to chibi Robo, they do the signature pose, then commence to do their giant ice blast thing, pwning everybody in sight with some icy goodness. Just for fun let's say the pose they do does 20-30% right off the bat lol.

2) The teddy bear of doom! The bear walks onto the stage, Chibi robo busts out a syringe full of nectar, the bear goes nuts and starts running all over the stage, smackin g and clawing everything in sight (with chibi robo just in front of him with the syringe full of nectar) after two or three laps across the stage (or a certain amount of time) chibi robo turns around and squirts the nectar at him. The bear gets his giant smiley face and runs happily right off the edge of the stage. lol.

I'm definitely gonna do a few revisions tomorrow cuz there's a few moves that I don't like.

CHIBI ROBO FOR BRAWL!

Didgeridoo

Smash Rookie
Hoorah! More support for chibi robo, but I disagree with your down and back throws. In fact your back throw seems more like a down throw because he falls on them as many dwon throws do. You also worded the taunt weirdly I think you mixed the two different taunts me and derek were talking about. I also think the spoon is too big to be like a backhanded slap but other than that good movelist and better than I would have done which is why I asked you to do it in the first place. Also as you know from the shy guy specials I am a fan of big things running crazily around the stage (gourmet guy) so you win a free helping of internets for the psycho drug crazed bear special.

Blood Falcon

Smash Journeyman
i like him. he would make a small target. he can use the plug and that toothbrush thingy as a weapon. wave the plug downwards as a downsmash and swing the toothbrush as a forward smash. and also his strength doubles when he is in water. just ideas but he will make a good character, just depends if the creators want him or not

Top Bottom