• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check Out These Epic Salty Suite Trailers

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Last year at APEX 2014, The Salty Suite was one of the most exciting events of the weekend. Players played for $1000, for glory, and most memorably, "to win." This year has quite a few exciting Salty Suite matchups, and to highlight these clashes of rivals, video editor and Smasher Papapaint has been creating some excellent trailers to hype up the excellent event. This morning saw the release of Cobol vs. Westballz, which promises to be an awesome matchup.

Watch this trailer, as well as the earlier ones, below!

Salty Suite: Colbol vs. Westballz

Salty Suite: A Rivalry Reemerges

Salty Suite: Style vs. Fundamentals

Salty Suite: A Chance For Redemption

- - - - -​

There will be more trailers to come, so stay tuned! Which matchup are you most excited for? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit is excited to watch people throw down. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

AmishWolverine

Smash Rookie
NNID
LucidDreamer26
3DS FC
5215-0923-0199
Those Ganodorf chants... mmmmmm, gave me chills.

Sno

Smash Rookie
If there isn't a Mango vs Hax falcon ditto at salty suite you guys ****ed up. colbol and westballz is random as **** but yea im 10,000 percent right.

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
If there isn't a Mango vs Hax falcon ditto at salty suite you guys ****ed up. colbol and westballz is random as **** but yea im 10,000 percent right.
Hax is injured, doesn't wanna play. Check your facts mane.

Last edited:

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
DESTRRUUUUUUUUCTIOOON !!

That Kage vs Bizzaro trailer was so awesome !

FalconOwnage

Smash Apprentice
in order, best to worst (in terms of how well the trailer was designed)
1. Kage vs. Bizzaro Flame
2. Axe vs. Silent Wolf
3. Westballz vs. Colbol
4. Ken vs. PC Chris

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
The Chillin vs Leffen beef is so real you need to season it.
salt.gif

indyrenegade

Smash Cadet
I logged in just to ask. What's with the Peach image in the Salty Suite video?

It just looks, like.. 110% out of place within the style context of the rest of the videos, so it's either a reference to something or someone on the VGBC editing team decided it fit with the video... but it doesn't. The latter is just not the case for the style of the rest of the videos.

I noticed the image had some engraving-style, thick-looking drawing reminiscent of the image of Cosette most-used to represent Les Mis, linked below:

If you compare to Peach's dress, she has the same sort of line shading happening. It was a comparison I drew because that sort of line shading is a very distinct, not really often used technique anymore.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it's just so out of context with the rest of the video that I had to wonder.

Top Bottom