• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check out my Ganon (Again) :)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
In the first vid, your platform dashing is great, but your grounded wavedashes were angled poorly, and were quite short.

In the third vid when you fought sheik, you rarely seized the opportunity to combo. I noticed that after landing a grounded dair, you would just wait to see how the sheik reacted. Instead, you should have L-cancelled, and done another SHFFLed dair, because she bounced to the perfect height and would not have had a chance to interrupt it. Also, you lacked complex mind games, although I may have seen a couple minor ones. Near the end of the match, starting at about 4:52, you two just took turns attacking forward, rolling backwards, and repeating...thus, nobody was making contact. Instead, you should have noted that sheik was going to roll backwards, and counter by attacking in place, or even doing a forward-B towards the wall, that way you would have snagged her, but if you had missed, the wall would cancel the attack. Lastly, you missed almost all of your best opportunities to shield grab her F-smash, which is the easiest attack of her arsenal to catch. Finally, don't play at that stage, the ships interfere.

You've just gotta chaingrab sheik! Gets you an easy 90% advantage, and maybe a kill

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
i only watched the first match. try actually attacking your opponent more. I saw several times when u could have just Fair'ed out of ur shield but u didnt. dont try and be so fancy ledgedashing its really not that important and the way u were using it u didnt get one attack out of it anyway. ledgedashing isnt gonna kill him ur attacks are.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
I watched a couple of the videos, and you have a good ganon. I would recommend using dair more often, especially trying to combo it at low percentages into another dair or bair. You also tried to combo the d-throw into a up+smash a few times, but never connected. You might want to use a l-cancelled dair instead of the up+a (or an over+b rush attack). Also maybe practice teching when coming back on level, on third video sheik was charging over+a, and you might have survived if you wall teched off side of level. I practice by throwing mine on edge of level, then up+b into it and try to tech it. I know its a lot easier to do when practicing on mine than in actual game, but it helps. Other than that, I agree with cluelessBTD about the wavedashing/platform dashing, you l-cancelled pretty good, and overall a good ganon, keep it up.

Top Bottom