• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

check out captain jacks mario...insane!!!

Tercel

Smash Rookie
i liked those bairs followed by u-airs, but he should be following bowser off the ledges more and caping or u-airing...if u cape bowser's UP-B he has no chance of getting back. And stop trying to DI through bowser's fire breath u caused like 50 dmg to urself with that lol

drewlynoted

Smash Cadet
is this really captain jack?

other than that, crazy mario

is there a benefit to u-air instead of bairing? is it so he's not knocked back as far? or some thing about diminishing returns? maybe he just wants to be ownage?

whatever the reason
nice...

acojan

Smash Apprentice
omg ?! how does he land the bair to uair ! i can't do it ! WTF !??! and yeah he doesn't edguard much --- he could have won since bowser has below avarage recovery

???????

Smash Journeyman
Captain Jack has certainly lived up to his reputation, excellent Mario.

*I can do a Bair to Uair most of the time but I'll often just settle for a Bair to Nair; a short hopped Bair can combo directly into a Uair or Nair and works a bit like a WoP*

drewlynoted

Smash Cadet
i've tried doing this

this requires you to bair almost as soon as you start your jump in order for you to pull off any other aerial

or maybe i just suck?

???????

Smash Journeyman
Yes, pretty much you have to do your Bair as soon as you start to jump; it can be a bit hard at times so you should practice it first.

*Bair to Nair is easier to do than Bair to Uair so try to practice it first*

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
Was that really Captain Jack? He seemed very good nevertheless. His playstyle seemed a lot like mine.

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
It's been established that this is NOT captain jack. This youtube account belongs to a different Japanese player whose name escapes me at the moment.

WIN

Smash Cadet
good match! the mario definitely should have won though...I noticed a couple of needless deaths because he's so in love with mid-air dodging and the bowser nailed him coming out of it.

also, MOAR FLUD PLEEZ

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
Mario sucks.. and Boss clearly has nothing better to do during his day then post on SWF and look for Mario vids =0

No Jones.
Justify the statement.

Also, does anyone else know how to go from bair to uair like that? I can only do it on occasion.

Here's what I'm thinking, if you have your C-stick set to smashes, and you short hop into a bair, the animation is long enough to move the c-stick up, no? That's how I get it to work..

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
That´s a great mario :)
Btw, Bair to Uair isnt hard at all. I just short hop bair and c-stick up and mario does a half Uair before landing.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
so what would work better

what would work better then b air to b air or b air to u air is there certain situations where one is better than the other or is it just personal preference

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I like bair to bair to f-smash. I can hit the bair to uair less than half the time.

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
B-air to u-air can launch vertically, no? Juggling.

Double b-air to get people off the edge, and try to KO.

So, yeah, situations will vary. Double b-air isn't hard to do, in my oppinion.

Top Bottom