• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheapest character in the game

screeddie

Smash Apprentice
I can hardly believe that snake has been mentioned as cheap. He is really hard to use, and almost all of his moves has super lag.

I have to say ike.
Hello, contradiction.

I don't know, it's hard to say. I ****ing hate Ivysaurs who abuse Bullet Seed like it's his only good move. It's impossible to DI out of until your percentage is in the 100s.

And Pikmin are annoying as balls.

Wow...Are you guys serious?

No one in this game is cheap, they're all easily beatable

Pit-Either air dodge, Roll dodge towards him, and learn to DI if you get caught in the Angel Ring

DeDeDe-You deserve to lose if your actually getting hit by his smashes. He's actually very hard to kill withh if your oppoent isn't borderline ********.

Metaknight-Tornado spam is easily overriden by charged smashes and some projectiles. Also he's vulnerable when he's falling

Ike-See DDD. You shouldn't be getting hit at all, the only thing you should ever worry about is his >B and neutral A combo

Snake-Oh god almighty, how in the world is Snake considered cheap? The fact that he's so hard to master alone grants him the right to own. Just remember where he places his explosuves, have good spacing. That's really all I can say.

Lucas-Stay on the Ground, you should be able to dodge it since the startup lag is kinda bad.

ROB-Yes he is a tough fight, and in the hands of a good player he's a destructive force, but he can still be beaten with good distancing and avoiding his projectiles.

Your bad if you lose to a spammer,period.

MoneyCat

Smash Cadet
ROB is a easy kill in my opinion, and Meta knight can easily be killed as well. I have trouble fighting Snake though, it's not his bombs it's just his overpowered tilts and air attacks.

chollo_gangster

Smash Rookie
Why does everyone consider pit's moves to be cheap? Yes, he can shoot arrows out the ***, but remember that depleting thing? After shooting about 10 they get reduced in damage from being 5-11% to 2-7% (or something like that). The forward B reflects and does damage and can be held out, but it has ridiculous wind down if it touches something and you are left wide open in the back. People have magnetic hands so you can't use it as an edgegaurd because people will grab right through it!

I don't think Pit is "cheap," I think he is just a very solid character.
Exactly! Every character is not meant to be completely solid. They are supposed to have weaknesses and strengths, so that you can battle through them. If a character, like Pit, is without any creditable weaknesses, then he is a cheap character.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I think Bowser can be up there for cheapness. He can literally stand on the edge of the stage the whole fight, force an advance, grab... you know the rest. Instant wins are dumb.

Dedede's chain grab walk-off is cheap. The only problem is that most tournaments will probably have walk off stages banned. So it won't be seen that much unless there is a wall (like Pokemon Stadium's changed areas)

I think a lot of charactes have cheap things to them if you let them do it. If you stop them before the match starts, you already are doing well. One problem though is when you run into cheapness like that of the ice climbers, where everything must be taken care of during the fight. You have to separate them, otherwise you will get chain grabbed. Avoid situations where you allow the other person to be cheap and you will probably be fine.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
There is no such thing as cheap. The word has no meaning. It is completely made up by scrubs.

UltraKyu

Smash Cadet
I don't have the game yet (I live in switzerland but ordered freeloader+SSBB US Version) so I'll get it tomorrow hopefully, but I've read a lot and watched tons of vids and there are some characters that have certain moves that are cheap (I don't wanna say which char is cheap cause I wanna test them out first)

But for example Metaknight has ridiculously fast recovery so its really hard ro shield against him I think. Toon Link has extremely nice projectiles and because of no Wavedashing and SHFFLing and not that powerful combos anymore this could be a huge advantage. Besides that he has nice airs, moves fast etc. DDD is one of the few chars with chainthrow AND his chainthrow is ridiculously easy to pull off.

cya

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
It's universally agreed that Metaknight is the cheapest character.

1. Walk up
2. Ftilt
3. ???
4. Profit

I don't main Metaknight, but he's my best character, and I hate using him.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is the new character that I by far hate fighting the most.

His gun is just so easily spammable, his forward smash travels way too much distance, and his down smash is way too fast and powerful.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
-sonny-, if you're interested, there's a thread in the regional forums named "the B.C. canada thread" and we can all play and have fun and pikachus etc.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Wolf, or Pit. Pit for extremely easy defense with shield and ring, which for some reason has abilities it shouldn't. The ring for being able to reflect, and the shield for being able to reflect and block actual attacks. His f and u smash are short in range, and multi hit, and fast, making it extremely hard to dodge. His arrows also spam like no other, its even worse than falco in FD. Its controllable and fast. His mobility in the air makes it easy to finish once opponent is weakened and being tossed around. His moves have the user naturally resort the user to be defensive until the opponent is easy to finish. His also very fast considering the power he packs in his attacks.

Wolf, is also pretty good at spamming, less cheap since the range is not as good. His physical hit when he pulls it out throws the opponent back into spamming distance and wolf out of the danger zone. His smashes are interesting as well, unlike most other smashes that are multi hit, his are non dedicated. The second hit is guaranteed to hit if the first one does, and also the second one does not activate unless the first one hits, making missed ftilt and fsmash easy to recover from, but causing rewarding results when they hit. Last thing is the reflector, personally have nothing against it except for the fact that it has invincibility frames. Not knockback cancelling like Olimars whistle armor (which I can find myself cussing at it if facing against someone mastered it and getting all my KO moves). Having invincibility frames at a users disposal, just does NOT sound like a good idea for balance.

.Shift

Smash Rookie
I don't find Pit to be cheap. But rather annoying to fight. Lucas always seems like the perfect character to best him. His Down B takes the arrows while Lucas can take him in the sky.

Lantz

Smash Apprentice
I'd say Olimar is pretty ****ed cheap. Especially his final smash which is unbelievably broken.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Especially his final smash which is unbelievably broken.
How? Have any character jump very high when he activates it, user their Up B at the last moment and you will avoid most of the damage, especially if you are using acharacter who can get very high like R.O.B. or Pit.

Lantz

Smash Apprentice
Mainly because I'm prone to play 4 player and if I remember correctly, it does more damage the more people there are. Plus, you always take damage, have a chance to be buried (as well as meteor smashed which happened to me on more than one occasion), and the ship comes crashing down in your face. Of course, if you play in stage like New Pork city or play 1 on 1, it won't be much of a problem.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I've taken no damage on several occasions from it. Attributing more to the "Pit's broken" qualms I have to deal with.

So, I guess it's however you play (We've kinda stopped using items though, so I haven't had to deal with it for a while)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Pit for extremely easy defense with shield and ring, which for some reason has abilities it shouldn't. The ring for being able to reflect, and the shield for being able to reflect and block actual attacks.
First off, why do soooo many people have problems with the ring? It's not a great damage builder if you get hit by it and DI away, you can punch right through it without repercussions, and, most of the time, people will shield it and either grab you out of it or roll behind you and punish while you are stuck in cool down time! The move is good, but not ALL POWERFUL. Just don't shoot or throw things at it and you'll be fine.

The shield is a coin flip. If you hit someone just as it comes out, it turns them around. This is what I usually use it for. I jump off the level and reverse the person's recovery. The fact that it blocks is a grab bag. Sometimes attacks will go right through it! I've stopped a lucas up smash while right on top of him with it while also being killed when a few inches away in comparison. It feels more like you have to get a critical on block in order for it to work!

His f and u smash are short in range, and multi hit, and fast, making it extremely hard to dodge.
The up smash is pretty good, but the F smash is meh. Yes, it's one of his kill moves, but, sadly, it's also a good damage racking move. So, if you use it for both, it will get diminished and you'lll be trying to kill them at 200% instead of 120% or something. Plus, the time between the two hits is VERY large. I've had many situations where a person has been hit by the first swipe and grabbed/hit me before the second one. Plus, you can just DI away if you get hit by the first part and avoid the actual kill part. Darn!

His arrows also spam like no other, its even worse than falco in FD. Its controllable and fast.
Yeah, his arrows can be annoying, but what is he doing while he uses them? Falco can advance while shooting 2 or three in the air before landing. With pit, you have to stand still for a second while he pulls the arrow back. It, for right now, is unavoidable. If you want to advance while shooting, you have to dash, leap, arrow, land, dash, leap, arrow, land (repeat until done approaching) whereas falco can keep shooting, hit the ground and do anything from that moment. Pit is stuck in his animation.

It's still very spammy though, I'm not saying it's not.

His mobility in the air makes it easy to finish once opponent is weakened and being tossed around.
His Bair is a good kill move, but you have to sweet-spot it and it's very short, so you have to take a big risk sometimes with it. The only other real aerial kill move is the Fair, but that's at very high percents or at the edge of the screen. They aren't bad, but are definitely short-ranged and risky since, if you miss, you have to rely on his up B and hope they don't hit you with there's while thay are recoverying! As a note that is.

His moves have the user naturally resort the user to be defensive until the opponent is easy to finish. His also very fast considering the power he packs in his attacks.
I agree. His is very defensive. That's why I camp with him, it works. He's fast and has a good, fast, spammy projectile. So, he's build to run away, shoot, and then do it again. the best way to fight a Pit is to stick with him. Make sure he doesn't run away, and, as soon as you have the chance, gimp his recovery.

I"m not denying that he is a good character, but I think he is a far cry from what we call "cheap."

Dime

Smash Journeyman
Ike is cheap online in "With Anyone" mode. I think the lag helps his character. He steals kills and is very annoying. I always focus my attacks on Ike Online.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu. Freakin thunder is annoying. And Pit can just be annoying. I hate playing against computers who are playing as Pit, because as soon as they get damage around 90% they get chicken and jump around everywhere, not even attacking anymore. So annoying!

Top Bottom