• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheapest character in the game

pirkid

Smash Lord
Did you read my post?

Guess not.

[Cheapest character in game]

[Post on cheapest character in game]

[Disagreement]

[Counterpoint]

[Enter pirkid] "LOLOL WAY NOT 2 CONTRIBUTE NUFFIN!"
Misunderstood. I was belittling Agent 47, not you. I quoted Agent 47 for that reason, but i should have put the "Way to not contr..." sentence under the quote. Your posts were completely valid, I liked them.

Sorry about that.

shatoga

Smash Cadet
I can hardly believe that snake has been mentioned as cheap. He is really hard to use, and almost all of his moves has super lag.

I have to say ike.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Misunderstood. I was belittling Agent 47, not you. I quoted Agent 47 for that reason, but i should have put the "Way to not contr..." sentence under the quote. Your posts were completely valid, I liked them.

Sorry about that.
Oh. Then sorry for going ape**** on you then.

I shouldn't raise flamey sticks toward fellow Kirby mains anyway.

(Haha Kabii is Stafy now. April fools, Smashboards.)

pirkid

Smash Lord
Oh. Then sorry for going ape**** on you then.

I shouldn't raise flamey sticks toward fellow Kirby mains anyway.

(Haha Kabii is Stafy now. April fools, Smashboards.)
No prob, bud. We all flame by accident at least once. :) (Thrice for me. :ohwell:)

Yesh, fellow-non Korby users, if you proceed to the Keby sub-forum you see that Kirby = Stafy. and Stafy == Stafy, therefore Stefy = new Stafy.

Stafy is so much better in Brawl then in Melee. xD

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
If we're talking easiest to KO with while lacking skill? Ike. Alot of simple attacks with killing properties, my little bro can kick computer *** with ike and he's terrible.

But cheapest in terms of playstyle? Snake. Landmines are cowardly in the real world and also cowardly in games.

Moosecalibur

Smash Apprentice
Well seeing as I main Jigglypuff, then Lucas is the cheapest because of his upsmash being able to wreck anyone above him in a large range, and it even hits you if you're on the ground (cheap for people who spam this :mad:) along with its quickness to pull it off compared to its power, and don't even start me on the projectiles (upspecial being able to hit me more than once and go for smashball :mad:)

Also Ike is cheap because he's way too powerful for the speed at which he can pull off attacks :(

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
snake is no way cheap. He takes a lot of skill and intellect/ mindgames to use ido however think ots cheap how his dam nueatural A kills n a trip into his fsmash is insta death

mK is just insane combos fast rapid sword attacks n ok KO plus insane b attacks and recovery

VEC

Smash Journeyman
God **** Wolf......No skill to use what so ever, strong, fast in moves, priority......CHEAPEST

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Pit for gliding, annoying attacks whether on ground or in the air. Especially his arrows during sudden death matches.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i think pikachu :p.

every other character i can neutralA to stop advances... but pikachu is too short O_o.... then again, i love gimping his down b with nayru's love, so i take it back.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
There have been like 7 or 9 different characters repeatedly listed as cheap characters by many various people. How can there be so many characters that are so efficient in beating everyone else, they need to be labeled as cheap?

I think it's all due to everyone's own individual experiences. If you find a person really good at [insert one of many characters here] and you have trouble beating them, then they're cheap.

There have been a lot of random tournaments so far and no one dominant character or strategy. Even the much anticipated camping strategies haven't been shown in tournament play to dominate the competition.

If people vary their experiences, keep playing different people, and keep trying to get better, it would altogether stop this useless conversation. Please, use your frustration over cheapness to try and get around the problem and get better. Pick up a secondary that counters the cheap characters you play against or look for strategies other use to beat those cheap characters.

Griping doesn't make a person any better of a player.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Snake and Ike

Especially Ike
Ike relies on his aerials and jabs so heavily that move degeneration will make it so you can only kill with his *very* laggy ground moves. That hardly counts as cheap.

Pit is broken. Best recovery in the game, best projectile spammer, and disjointed hitboxes.

JNS

Smash Cadet
pit. anyone with hand-eye coordination can play decently with him. He can spam arrows, has atacks that have huge knockback (making spamming arrows even more effective) a reflector that blocks all projectiles, a side b which gives the pit user impermeability from most atacks plus dishes out a good amount of damage and a recovery that's beastly.

Obviouslly all of those things can be countered, but it doesn't make them any less anoying.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
pit. anyone with hand-eye coordination can play decently with him. He can spam arrows, has atacks that have huge knockback (making spamming arrows even more effective) a reflector that blocks all projectiles, a side b which gives the pit user impermeability from most atacks plus dishes out a good amount of damage and a recovery that's beastly.

Obviouslly all of those things can be countered, but it doesn't make them any less anoying.
Annoying doesn't mean cheap.. the cheapest character is DEDEDE

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Pit, Wolf, or Olimar. When I think cheap, I think of the most annoying and easiest to pick up, not necessarily the best character.

JNS

Smash Cadet
Annoying doesn't mean cheap.. the cheapest character is DEDEDE
at least it takes some semblance of a brain and some skill to use dedede, because even if he has his chain grab and has good atacks, he is still slow and big. Pit has all the things that make one charachter good rolled up into a nice little package that anyone can use and compete almost as soon as they pick up a controller. His only true weakness is his ub B which can be gimped, but good pit players rarely use it (they glide instead).In the hands of a good player pit is very,very diffcult to beat

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
What's your definition of cheap...

if it's just a character that can be picked up easily and is still difficult to beat if your opponent has slightly less skill, I'd say

sheik tilt grab tilt grab tilt grab fair fair fair ect...
toon arrow smash arrow smash
wolf laser smash laser smash
meta attack safe attack safe attack safe WHOOOOORNADO
rob laser d tilt fair smash laser d tilt fair smash BAIR!!!!
pit arrow arrow arrow neutral a combo arrow wheel smash
g&w bair fishbow dair smash smash smash

if it's a character that has one or more tactics that serverely limit play on both ends and can force the pace of a match when mastered, I'd say

g&w don't approach from the ground or underneath
meta no escape
diddy run run run come back here darn it
bowser side b dead don't fight near edge
ddd chain throw flat stage, just don't play against him there
sheik really safe character
marth fair spaces well, reguardless of nerf
gannon don't edgeguard him

and finally, if it's a character that when play to perfection (up to todays current skill level) simply limits you so much that when you play against them, you feel cheated and discouraged to fight again (you feel counter picked), I'd say

meta once off the floor, you never touch it again
snake when you finally catch up to him, you just get smacked away, or dead
pit he's just too safe, you can gimp him, but you gotta hit him first
g&w new marth
sheik get zoned to death
rob keep away game from the gods, he also has a spike and a fly
marth not the marth we used to know, but still the same old marth
ugh, wario... vertical kill is the new spike and wario is the master

but that's just me...

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
I think we can all agree that...