• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard New Move Idea

Mike Stallings

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I was just wondering what if we pitched the idea to the PMBR that Charizard could have a special attack like Lucario and Lucas. If you ever played Lucario he gets aura and can perform a spirit ball every time he inflicts 50% damage on an opponent. Lucas charges his hands to do like some ice explosion thing. What if Charizard flames grows larger every time he inflicts 50% damage and he can perform a flame pokemon's strongest attack: Fire Blast "".
Just an idea I thought of.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Sorry to say, but that mechanic isn't meant to be spread throughout the cast, so it's not going to happen, it's their specialty.

Instead we (the charizards) have glide, superjump and an aditional jump. I think that's quite enough ^^

Ace55

Smash Lord
Sorry to say, but that mechanic isn't meant to be spread throughout the cast, so it's not going to happen, it's their specialty.

Instead we (the charizards) have glide, superjump and an aditional jump. I think that's quite enough ^^
Agreed,

And as far as Zard goes Blast Burn is stronger anyway :p.

Mike Stallings

Smash Rookie

True,
Can't ask for cake and eat it to I guess. He already is a strong character as it is.

Emg3

Smash Cadet
instead of flamethrower give zard fireblast as neutral b so it shoots a medium sized fire ball rather than his worthless flamethrower which is just a worse version of what bowser has.

Mike Stallings

Smash Rookie
instead of flamethrower give zard fireblast as neutral b so it shoots a medium sized fire ball rather than his worthless flamethrower which is just a worse version of what bowser has.

I kinda like the flamethrower because it can cancel a variety of different moves.The fireblast foes sound cool, but if they wouldn't change it I would say at least make his flamethrower a little bigger.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Been thinking on it a bit, and personally I wouldn't mind if Zard's Nspec did something different while you're airborne. I've yet to really see a use for Flamethrower while in the air aside from the rare wall of fire "trick" to do some random damage, and we don't flame-cancel like Bowser anyways.

Also, I think Flamethrower needs a little bit of love to stand out from Bowser :p

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
The flame thrower is a good edge guard on a lot of characters, and does substantial damage. The only downside to it is that its hard to use in the neutral game. Since charizard has A LOT of other tools, and is already a powerful character, he definitely does not need this.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'm more arguing for it to stand out from bowsers since his is objectively better

Oracle

Smash Master
make charizard have a belly drum taunt where he goes down to one stock and goes turbo mode

Top Bottom