• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you're excited to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
Are there any characters that have been confirmed so far that you guys are excited to try out? Also, who are some characters that you don't think you'll enjoy playing as. This can be applied to newcomers or returning veterans.

For me, aside from :4luigi:I'm really excited to try out :4pacman: and :4link: (supposedly got some buffs)

I dont think :4littlemac:would really fit my playstyle

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
:4robinf: , :4palutena: and :4wiifit: mostly. As far as veterans are concerned, I suppose :4zss: and :4bowser:

:4lucina: too, but she is basically Marth, so I already sort of know how she plays lol

Oh, last but not least, :4mii: Depending of the level of customization of the Mii Fighter, she might be an interest character.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Everyone. However I've always favored like 6-8 characters for each Smash game for a few years before eventually branching out. I think this time I may do the same. But I'll definitely be trying Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, Lucina, Robin, and Mario.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I'm going to try everyone, however I'm most excited to try out :4palutena:.

Others include :4zelda::rosalina::4zss::4charizard::4robinm::4villager::4lucina::4wiifit::4yoshi:.

Last edited:

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
:4luigi::4pacman::4megaman::4mii: :4falcon:
Luigi: He's my main and I want to see want changes they made to him.
Pac-Man: He was one of my most wanted newcomers and he looks like a very interesting character.
Mega Man: Before he was announced, he was my most wanted newcomer. He also looks fun to play as.
Mii Fighter: I can play as anyone, and they have a ton of customization.
Captain Falcon: See Luigi.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
:4palutena::Looking forward to seeing what her moves are, and her smashes look awesome
:4pacman:: Looks to be a fun and well put together moveset
:4robinm::I have been waiting for a mage type character for ages, cannot to finally use him
:4zss:: I want to see what her buffs are like, one of mains in Brawl and looks like she has only been imporved

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Veterans:
:4luigi:: My best main. [Who seems buffed]
:4mario:: My second most common main.
:4peach:: Second best secondary. [Falco is 1st]
I'll try to test everyone in training mode too.
Newcomers:
:rosalina:: Very interesting mechanic.
:4mii:: Anybody I want.
:4robinm:: Also interesting mechanic.
Same statement at the end of Veterans catagory.

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
:4bowser:: He looks to have been changed into a character that can hold their own in a game and not get completely destroyed. We will have to wait and see how his metagame plays out.
:4mii:: Well, not really to see what the movesets are, but to see how the ridiculousness of some of the Miis my brother made is amplified when they start fighting.
:4greninja:: Looks like a character that can move fast and deal a lot of damage in combos. His Final Smash looks awesome, too.
That being said, I intend to try out all of the characters. We shall see how the Tier Lists and metagames change as time goes on.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I wanna try everyone with different custom moves combinations
First I wanna try some newcomers:, in that order:
:4villager: - Wanna try Timber and Pickup the most.
:4robinm::4robinf:- Tomes!
:rosalina:- Gravitational Pull and Luma combos!
:4palutena: - Wanna try all specials, since her have all customization moves unique.
:4megaman:- Almost all attacks have long range...
:4lucina:- Wanna compare with Marth
:4mii: Gunner - Wanna try his range
:4mii: Sword - Try some special moves
:4pacman: - Interesting moveset!
:4greninja:/:4littlemac:/:4wiifit:/ :4mii: Brawler - Not very excited for them, but I will try everyone!

Veterans
The ones I really want to use on my first battles: :4olimar::4pit::4zelda::4samus::4peach:
Others I have big interest: :4bowser::4fox::4kirby::4myfriends::4link::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4peach::4pikachu::4sheik::4tlink::4yoshi::4zss:
Have interest: :4charizard::4dk::4falcon::4diddy:
Not interested: :4sonic::4dedede:

Booster

Smash Lord
:4bowser:: He looks to have been changed into a character that can hold their own in a game and not get completely destroyed. We will have to wait and see how his metagame plays out.
:4mii:: Well, not really to see what the movesets are, but to see how the ridiculousness of some of the Miis my brother made is amplified when they start fighting.
:4greninja:: Looks like a character that can move fast and deal a lot of damage in combos. His Final Smash looks awesome, too.
That being said, I intend to try out all of the characters. We shall see how the Tier Lists and metagames change as time goes on.
Thanks to the Mii, you can have the best Brawl ever:

Adolf Hitler (Gunner) vs Game Grump Erin (Brawler) vs AVGN (Brawler) vs Nostalgia Critic (Gunner)

Why not Fencer Mii? Because do you see Hitler, Erin, AVGN or Nostalgia Critic wielding a sword?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
:4robinm: My new main. I've supported his/her inclusion for so long now and he/she looks incredibly fun to play.

:rosalina: I've really like the puppeteer play style she has, and it looks like it will be really fun to use strategically.

:4villager: His move set as a whole looks pretty amusing, especially those specials. He'll probably be pretty good for surprising and annoying people.

Those three are the ones I'm most excited for at the moment, though I'm also a bit interested in :4mii: and :4palutena:. In terms of veterans, I'm looking forward to trying out my old main, :4lucario:, as well as :4charizard:.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
:4samus:: Just because she's one of my favorite characters, and I hope she's better than her Brawl version. Also add :4zss: as well. Her being her own character should give her added benefits.

:4bowser:: Because he looked incredible with footage we've seen. Hopefully he didn't get nerfed.

:4falcon:: Need I say more? Falcon Punch.

:4lucina:: Because I want to see how different she is compared to Marth.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The most I'd say I'm "excited" is :4villager:, because he looks just so FUN to play as. :4robinm: comes off as second due his fanservicey yet spectacular moveset. :rosalina: is 3rd due her interesting moveset. :4palutena: so far is really difficult to pinpoint due her moveset not being fully revealed or shown, and I personally want to see more of her general way of playing close. The fact that her specials weren't too explained yet upon is also complicating things

On the other hand I'm also lookin' forward to try :4greninja: and :4mii:. On veterans, I'm most excited about :4kirby:,:4yoshi:,:4pit: and :4sheik:. In fact, I might main Sheik for this iteration of Smash now that she(?) has better moves and seems to be still a fast-paced character with good ways to KO. The other 3 because them being reworked on more than before.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Excited for:
:4yoshi: Apart from being my main...probably forever, I am looking forward to playing with a buffed Yoshi.
:4bowser: Likewise Bowser was always my favourite heavyweight...and now he's an absolute beast! Can't wait to finally destroy people with Bowser rather than be a big ol' target the whole time.
:4pacman: The only newcomer I actually actively supported; I'm keen to try him out and hope he becomes a character I love to use.
:4robinm: Cannot wait to try out Robin. His gimmick is interesting.
:4villager: I love kitchen sink characters and after seeing it in action I'm even more intrigued.

Mildly looking forward to:
:4littlemac:Pretty straight forward brawler, but I can't wait to land my first KO punch.
:4peach::4dedede: So err...what exactly are these moveset alterations?
:rosalina: Okay, let's see what all the fuss is about...

Will probably dislike playing as:
:4lucina: Not a fan of Marth's moveset in general. Can't see me enjoying Lucina as a result.
:4zelda: If she's as bad as the rumours state...pity I was looking forward to her too.
:4megaman: A little worried Megaman's fighting style will feel too alien to me honestly. Curious to try him though.

andimidna

Smash Master
I really want to play as most of the characters. There are very few characters I won't be playing as right as I get the game. Basically, veterans that I didn't care that much for in the past that haven't changed much. It'd probably be easier to just list the ones I'm not all that hyped for.
-Yoshi
-Dedede
-C Falcon
-Sonic
-Diddy

I want to try out the rest though. Even the abomination that is the Mii Fighters.

Reaca

Smash Rookie
NNID
Reaca1461
Extremely excited:

Lucina - Because she seems like classic Marth from what little of her we've seen.
Marth - Because I want to see what kinds of changes have been made to our sweet Marthy.
Robin - He/She seems like an interestingly different character.
ZSS - She looks fun.
Mega Man - I love Mega Man.

Excited:

Pac-Man - He looks fun.
Palutena - She looks fun.
Greninja - Ninja type characters are awesome.
Rosalina - Luma combo potential.
Little Mac - Fast ground game.

Kinda excited:

Shiek - Grenade
Link - Buffs
Zelda - Buffs?
Samus - Looks fun.
Swordfighter Mii - Looks fun.

Last edited:

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
I'm most excited about these characters. Especially Greninja.
:4sonic::4charizard::4greninja::4littlemac::4lucario::4megaman::4pacman::4pit::4robinm::4mii:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I suppose I'll just focus on the main ones:
:4dedede: - By virtue of being one of my mains in Brawl
:4wario: - He's basically guaranteed to return. And that's great, cause he was also one of my Brawl mains.
:4robinf: - Yes. I generally like ranged combat, I also like huge damage, Thoron looks like the best of both worlds. Her other moves are cool too
:4megaman: - Ranged combat and great air moves? Yes please give now
:4greninja: - Could be fun
:4lucina: - Will probably end up playing if only because her being in the game is awesome
:4bowser: - Buffed and I'm quite excited about that, but I don't want to be amongst everyone else playing Bowser

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Excited about:
:4bowser:-buff and good first impression at Nintendo World demo + childhood
:4charizard:-My Secondary Main in Project M and one of my favorite Pokemon
:4dedede:-Secondary Main in Brawl
:4greninja:-Sucked with him at demo xD but I want to be good with him and use my favorite water starter well
:4kirby:-Ternary Main in Project M and main in SSB64
:4littlemac:-Most wanted newcomer and good first impression at demo
:4lucario:-Interested in the buff and was one of my Pokemon in Platinum
:4luigi:-Interested in buff and Final Smash is better :p
:4megaman:-Good first impression at Nintendo World and was fun to use
:4mii:-For the inside jokes with my friends :p
:4olimar:-Main in Brawl
:4palutena:-Hate her personality but moveset looks interesting enough xD
:4pacman:-Childhood and character I wanted :)
:4pit:-I like KI:U Pit better and he looks more fluid :)
:4robinm:-Interesting new addition and good character from FE:A
:rosalina:-Don't care for Rosalina but Luma looks fun :p
:4samus:-Main in Project M
:4villager:-Good first impression at Nintendo World and is by far the most fun to play as :D
:4yoshi:-interested in buff + childhood

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The new Kirby, it's stronger.
The new Bowser, according to some people, he's A tier now... he was one of my mains even when he was bottom tier.

Palutena, I want to try how they managed to balance her moveset with all those extremely wide range attacks.
Robin, but I lost some excitement when I read that his book automatically changes for each different move, it's not chosen by you.

Not so much hyped for the other characters... to be honest none of the newcomers are favorites of mine, I was expecting at least 1... I know that Karate Joe has some chances, the others not so much though.
If Karate Joe is in, I'd master him the day one.

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
Definitely Villager for me :) I've loved him since he was revealed with the Announcement trailer, and am just Dying to pay as him
I shall rain Bowling Balls down on the heads of my Foes! xD

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
!!!!
Combining my growing love of Smash Bros. characters since Smash64, lists the following:
:4falcon: = First ever official lover main from Smash64, general reasons: FP, FK, Knee of Justicecream, NippleSpike, Up-Aerial of hotness, UpB grab explosion HYESZ, lives in Missouri so the phrase "Show me your Moves!" goes a long way to me. I could list parapgraphs why I'm excited for this character so let's stop here & leave it at a cliff hanger.
:4charizard: = Currently a Pokemon Trainer Main in SSBBrawl & I'm fascinated how far Charizard's represented himself in Smash Bros. throughout it's history of pokeball treatment in Smash64 & Melee, but no more being finally playable in Brawl & Sm4sh. Excited for it's changes.
:4greninja: = See Charizard, 'replacing' Squirtle I had a fond connection with PT, despite not playing him at the demo when I could I will definitely be excited to try him out when Sm4sh is finished.
:4link: = Very biased on this. . . .I love the color green & wha'dya know his tunic is that same color. I'm not a diehard LoZ fan but I'm fond of Link's move-set from his games & excited to see the changes he's acquired, taking it back to when my Bro was the toughest Smash64 player to beat for me, Link leaves scars in my brain. Melee is when I picked him up a bit, & Brawl Link is still fun to play with.
:4lucario: = Was a Lucario Main from early 2010 - 2013 & now I go on & off playing him over PT. Needless to say I love his mechanics & his game-feel, excited to play him buffed & ready to experiment his new mechanics involving his FS MEvo.
:4luigi: = See Link for Green Bias. But seriously Luigi is more comfortable game-play wise, & I like how he feels fighting. Plus he's so underrated & shunned being the overshadowed big brother to Mario I can't wait to see his changes taking back when I started playing him seriously in Melee & Brawl.
:4marth: = My Profile Details says he's my Melee main, he was definitely that. Marth feeling a bit cheezy in Melee & Brawl, I'm personally excited for his nerfs & more difficulty of mastering his move-set requiring more skill interests me more than ditching him to play easy-to-learn Lucina.
:4palutena: = See Luigi & Link for Full-blown Green Bias. That Hair <3 Those eyes<3. I've never played a Kid Icaras game & that makes me feel poser-like playing a character & not playing their franchise game, but who knows I may get into Kid Icarus thanks to playing her in Sm4sh.
:4sonic: = I'm a loving 89% diehard Sonic fan. My love for the character goes high watching all the saturday morning shows & Sonic Underground including his OVA movie & his games. Including the 'bad sonic wii games' everyone avoids. Didn't play Unleashed or '06 but I'm content without playing '06. Excited to see how he feels finished 100%.
:4yoshi: = See Link, Luigi, & Palutena. Nahh but seriously love Yoshi, only played one / a couple of his games but stoked to play Yoshi's Wooly World! Hopefully they have an alternate swap of Yoshi's yarn look, but mostly stoked for his changes & can't wait to play him in Sm4sh!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom