• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you find boring/generic/unsatisfying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
Wario and Luigi... I just hate their whole character and design. . . even their moveset annoys me.
Aside from those two however I can somewhat enjoy every character in the game.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Boring: Palutena, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Marth, Lucina, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Ike, Rosaluma

Generic: Dark Pit. Marth and Ike, to a lesser extent

Unsatisfying: Palutena, Donkey Kong, Charizard, Pit/Dark Pit, Greninja, Ike

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I find Shulk super lame. I feel like they just took other concepts from sword characters and were like "How could we make this different?", and then used the equipment mechanics for his "Monado Arts".

In Brawl, Pit felt boring to me. In this game, they made him a little more of his own character rather than spin the blades, but then they decided that there should be two, and it sorta makes him seem even more bland than before to me.

Finally, Little Mac is short about 5-7 viable options. That alone makes me dislike him.

All the other characters in the game feel fine to me.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am surprised by the Shulk mentions. Before the game was released, I was confident he would be one of the most popular characters. As for me, I really enjoy his play style. Terrific range and the Monado Arts are fun, imo. As laggy as they are, I also really like his smash attacks. Definitely one of my favorite newcomers, Shulk is.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
No one has mentioned Dark Pit yet? Too obvious? XD

I suppose Villager would be considered unsatisfying (though definitely not boring) because I really wanted him to be my main and after playing the demo he just seemed too slow to me. Also, idk why but Peach was my main in Melee but she's not as satisfying to use in this game. I think Brawl might have poisoned her for me.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
OMG I HOPE HE'S IN THE GAME!!!

C'MON SAKURIAAI

OMG I HOPE SHE'S IN THE GAME!!!

SKARIA COME ON!!!

OMG PLEASE BE IN, ALL OF THEM!!!!

*picks old main*

Little Mac is an awesome idea and character, but I find him trash in Smash (rhyme nothin'). His stats and moveset should be different.

I love the Star Fox franchise and characters, but they're the only characters I really never play as in Smash Bros. Otherwise I enjoy them all immensely.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I am surprised by the Shulk mentions. Before the game was released, I was confident he would be one of the most popular characters. As for me, I really enjoy his play style. Terrific range and the Monado Arts are fun, imo. As laggy as they are, I also really like his smash attacks. Definitely one of my favorite newcomers, Shulk is.
Yeah, the biggest problem with Shulk for me is that they relied on the Monado to make him distinct from the rest of the cast, but then made his moveset fairly mediocre (A lot feeling extremely similar to Ike). I can see why people would like him, but I personally don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom