• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that you always see in For Glory Mode

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hello lads !
So, people already talked about the characters that they never saw online in the "For Glory" mode, but what about the characters that you see the most ?

This thread is here for talking about those over used characters, to funny stories about how ridiculous they are to fight, to big rants about how frustrating it is to fight one of them or even tips for trapping those characters.

Maybe this thread has already been done, but it's still cool to know what character you see the most in the For Glory mode.
Here's my list : :4sheik:, :4greninja:, :4zss:, :4littlemac:, :4link:/:4tlink:, :4shulk:.

So, let's discuss about those over used characters, shall we ? List them, mock them, destroy them, I don't know, do what ever you want as long as you talk about them.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
:4littlemac::rosalina::4bowser::4dedede::4zss:

I rarely see Sheik and Greninja (a shame because Sheik is very fun to play against). Anyways, Little Mac and Rosaluma being overused isn't news, but King Dedede? I know he is good and fun, but I didn't expect to find one or two Dededes every five matches. Fortunately fighting Dedede isn't frustrating as fighting the other four characters (specially Bowser... Heavy hitters should NEVER be as fast as Bowser is).

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac:

:035:

Bowser's just annoying. I hate having the guy who throws out fsmashes and only fsmasehes.

Koopa Kid (which is his REAL name) just cannonballs.

Greninja's game seems to consist of:
  • dair
  • dair
  • dair
Ike is Ike. We don't need to explain Ike.
Little Mac is an fsmasher and counter boy.

Other than that, FG is fun.
Except Clefairy.

Psyant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyant
Basically all the human characters, plus Greninja and Dedede.

What's funny about For Glory mode is that the menu pictures for the modes within it feature most of the overused characters. Sakurai knew.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
:4littlemac::rosalina::4bowser::4dedede::4zss:

I rarely see Sheik and Greninja (a shame because Sheik is very fun to play against). Anyways, Little Mac and Rosaluma being overused isn't news, but King Dedede? I know he is good and fun, but I didn't expect to find one or two Dededes every five matches. Fortunately fighting Dedede isn't frustrating as fighting the other four characters (specially Bowser... Heavy hitters should NEVER be as fast as Bowser is).
I think there's two reason for Bowser to be "faster" :

-The first one is for buffing him. Nobody used him seriously before except for butt-slaming people. Making him faster makes people want to play him more because he doesn't feel like a slow character like Ganondorf for example. So, it's mainly for buffing him that Sakurai and his team made him faster than before.

-The second reason could also come from one of the recent games where Bowser is playable : Mario & Luigi Bowser Inside Story. In this game, Bowser is the main protagnist and for the most part of the game, was faster than before. His stance was also different. Maybe Sakurai decided to base Bowser more on this form for buffing him.

Appart for that, it's weird that you find more King Dededes online. The only ones that I've encountered were usually good though, so there's nothing to complain here.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I seem to have a slightly different online experience in terms of who I get connected with then other people.
In no particular order, I always come across a lot of...
:4littlemac: :4ganondorf: :4samus: :4kirby: :4myfriends: :4mario: :4link: :4tlink: :4lucina: :4marth: :4ness: :4falcon:

I always see a ton of Samus for some reason.

Unlike other people, I don't come across these guys as much...
:4bowser: :4dedede: :rosalina: :4greninja:

I see :4sheik: an average amount of times.
Then, I practically never see anyone else on the roster.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Bowser needed the buffs, but I think they exaggerated a bit and now he feels a bit too powerful. Or maybe I am just bad at fighting him.
What's funny about For Glory mode is that the menu pictures for the modes within it feature most of the overused characters. Sakurai knew.
I guess Palutena, Robin and Pit aren't "human" then, since I never see them in For Glory.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
Oh. I was just thinking I should start a tally as I play For Glory just to satiate personal curiosity. I wouldn't count repeat matches, but by user instead. Maybe we should all try this if we have the time and interest and see what we come up with. : ) I've already done quite a few games, but never too late to start I suppose.

I do wonder how their matchmaking works, exactly, though.

The list at the top looks like what I run into, too.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Personally, the characters I encounter the most are :4littlemac: :4falcon:and the blue team :4zss::4sonic::4lucario::4greninja:.
SSB4 is the name, Speed is the game!

:4littlemac:: Little Mac is Little Mac. A lot of people seems to play him just because he is strong, so the battles often turns into my favor.
:4zss:: I actually often see her as a counter against my Zelda, for her range. There's ZSS mains as well. Nice battles overall, paced and technical.
:4sonic:: I still have trouble against him.
:4falcon:: Compared to Brawl, he seems way better. But I tend to fight against people how seems to only be able to start a combo with a grab... And I'm not good against grabs.
:4greninja:: Either it's really good people, either it's "sneaky" people how love their side-B and D-air.
:4lucario:: damn, I'm already not a fan of Lucario, but how do I hate how it turns into a game of cat and mouse-that-keep-charging-that-aura-sphere. The length of matchs against Lucario are often ridiculous, and the average is probably around 4 minutes.

I have to say that I'm surprised to not see a lot of :4bowser:.
:4palutena:'s popularity diminished a lot since the release, too... Or I just don't encounter them.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
:4littlemac::4link::4falco::4zss:

I've played a lot of matches and oddly enough I've never seen

:4sheik::4marth::4mario::4peach::4duckhunt::4pacman:

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
See these characters alot:
:4falcon::4charizard::4greninja::4ganondorf::4megaman::4littlemac::4sheik::4zss:

See a fair amount of these:

:4bowser::4dedede::4duckhunt::4fox::4myfriends::4link::4mario::4lucina::4lucario::4marth::4zelda::4tlink::4robinf::4peach::4rob:

pretty much everyone else I rarely see.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
See these the most and absolutely hate fighting them:
:4marth::4lucina::4littlemac::4ness:

Other honorable mentions:
:4bowser::4falcon::4duckhunt::4greninja::4lucario:

You exist?:
:4olimar::4wario2::4luigi::4megaman::4myfriends::4gaw::4pikachu:

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
I've seen these characters the most:
:4bowser::4charizard::4greninja::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::rosalina::4sheik::4yoshi::4zss:

For glory Bowser's only F-Smash's and Bowser Bomb

For Glory Charizards is just Flare Blitz all day

For glory Greninja's is just dair and shadow sneak

For glory Ganondorf's are just side b and down b

For Glory Lil mac's mostly dash attack just to get thrown off the ledge

For Glory Links just spam arrow's and then either do 3 hit jab or up b when you get close

For glory Lucario's is just Aura sphere(Hadoken) all the time

For Glory Lucina and Marth's are all just counter for day's

For Glory RosaLuma's only are just down smash and guarding with luma

For Glory Sheik's spam needles and runaway

For Glory Yoshi's just abuse eggroll every chance they get and they fail miserably

For Glory ZSS's are some of the most predictable opponents I've ever faced. As soon as they pull out their Plasma Shots they either try to dash attack in which I shield or grab me in which I just roll right behind them. Sometimes I even reflect the projectiles and they run into it like a bunch of morons.

Characters I sometimes encounter:

:4bowserjr::4falcon::4darkpit::4dedede::4dk::4duckhunt::4iggy::4myfriends::4ludwig::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4mario::4megaman::4pit::4robinm::4robinf::4samus::4sonic::4tlink:

For Glory Bowser Jr's are all just Cannonball for day's

For Glory Falcon's don't really grab which is ashame since grab is one of falcon's best tools

For Glory Dark pits mostly use arrows, dash attack, and then if they feel like thier about to get KO'ed they'll simply pull of electric shock as a last resort

For Glory D3 mostly try to pop up gordo's twenty four seven

For Glory DK(I like to call him Expand Kong) mostly space with down tilt and it usually never works out for them

For Glory DHD's are often flow chart like as they just camp

For Glory Ikes don't even try(or so I think)

For Glory Jiggs are really flow chart like

I haven't found a good kirby at all in for glory

For Glory Mario's are also really flow chart like similar to For Glory Jiggs

For Glory MegaMan just spam pellets

For Glory Pits are the same as for glory dark pit's

For Glory Robins abuse the crap out of their specials

For Glory Spamus just abuse power shots and missiles twenty four seven

For Glory Sonics just Spindash and dash attack. I have faced a few good sonics who don't play like this but most for glory sonics play exactly like this

For Glory Toon links just throw bombs

Characters I almost Never see:

:4diddy::4drmario::4falco::4fox::4gaw::4larry::4luigi::4metaknight::4morton::4ness::4olimar::4alph::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4rob::roypm::4shulk::4villager::4wario2::4wendy::4wiifit::4zelda:

Extinct:

:4wiifitm:

Last edited:

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
:4greninja::4ness::4zss::rosalina::4darkpit::4yoshi::4falcon::4littlemac:

I mostly see these characters in For Glory

Kinda sad because I don't get to practice the match-ups against the other characters.

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
I think we can all agree that Little Mac is the one character that we see the most often in for glory considering the fact that everyone who's posted in this thread has put little mac as their most seen character.

Last edited:

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
While I've seen a ton of Macs, I feel like I've sen less thr last few days. This could be because people are figuring out other mains, or that all the Side-B lemmings have exhausted themselves.

Shog

Smash Ace
I know that topic is all about which is a really common enemy, but what about those that are uncommon :/ I never, ever have seen Olimar in 1vs1, other Charizard's, Donkey Kong's or Pikachu.

Only Little Mac, Lucina, Lucario Rosalina and Luma...basically anything that starts with the letter "L"

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
I have encountered a lot of Charizards throughout my days on for glory and they mostly just spam flare blitz while using some other attacks from time to time. I've also encountered some DK's but Pikachu I've almost never see at all.

Shog

Smash Ace
Really, so people indeed face "Side B" Charizards, and I didn't face even one? Gimme a break :(

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
:4littlemac::4wiremac::4littlemac::4wiremac::4littlemac::4wiremac::4littlemac::4wiremac::4bowser::4yoshi::4shulk::4lucina::4greninja::4lucario::4marth::4myfriends::4littlemac::4wiremac::4littlemac::4wiremac::4littlemac::4wiremac::4wiremac: For Glory.avi These characters don't bother me BTW people who use them in FG just suck though

Last edited:

WyvernLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
WyvernLord
3DS FC
0860-3366-4038
When the game first came out in here i fought tonnes of :rosalina::4sheik::4shulk::4ganondorf::4greninja::4bowser: and a good mixture of all the others (minus:4wario2::4olimar::4gaw::4jigglypuff: :4diddy:Never saw any of these)

Now though all i see are :4zss::4megaman::4dedede: especially ZSS (about a 60% of ALL games are ZSS)
still haven't fought one:4diddy:

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
:4littlemac::4zss::4yoshi::4sheik::4greninja::4lucina::4marth:

Are all characters I see WAY too often. Cut down on 'dem high tier or noob-hightier characters, plz. ^

:4bowser::4zelda::4ness::4duckhunt::4mario::4robinf::4link::4falco::4rob:

Are characters I noticed being used fairly often too, but not to the point of being overspammed.

:4dk::4gaw::4luigi::4olimar::4wiifitm:

I've never seen these....ever. Poor Luigi.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
Can we please make a thread about the characters we see the most of and also the characters we see the least of? IT seems like it would hit 2 birds with one stone instead of having 2 separate topics. Just change the title to be characters you always & never see in for glory. Its just an idea though.

The Characters I've been seeing the most of in For Glory are:
:4littlemac::4zss::4fox::4ness::4falcon::4sheik::4lucina::4dedede::4yoshi:
Fox has been pretty popular lately. maybe its Just me though but I've seen a ton of them lately. Maybe he is just a FOTM

Now the Characters I see the least in For Glory are:
:4olimar::4wiifitm::4falco::4gaw::4luigi::4metaknight:
It seems the mighty have fallen.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
The ones I see a lot:
:4littlemac::rosalina::4sheik::4zss::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4greninja:
The ones I see a lot but not as often:
:4dedede::4bowser::4sonic::4megaman::4darkpit::4pit::4pacman::4yoshi:
The ones I never see at all:
:4dk::4drmario::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4metaknight::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4pikachu::4rob::4shulk::4tlink::4wario::4wiifit:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Wow, people actually run into Shulks in For Glory mode? o:
I typically run into Links nowadays. I'm beginning to run into less Little Macs to be honest.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
:4littlemac::4yoshi::4zss::4sonic::rosalina::4sheik:

I've played over 400 matches and have not seen ONE:

:4dk::4falco::4wario::4samus::4pikachu::4peach::4wiifit::4gaw:
I've been playing :4wiifitm: online to help the cause.

and some :4dk:, cuz :4dk: is gucci.

Wow, people actually run into Shulks in For Glory mode? o:
I typically run into Links nowadays. I'm beginning to run into less Little Macs to be honest.
Seems like the Spammy-Mac players have migrated to projectile spamming characters.

I still run into the occasional Mac, but they're definitely workin'.

Last edited:

DarkestMind

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4640-0353-2924
The ones I always Run into: :4littlemac:,:rosalina:,:4sheik:,:4sonic:,:4yoshi:

Rare; :4gaw:,:4olimar:,:4wiifit:,:4villager:,:4metaknight:,:4bowserjr:,:4charizard:,:4duckhunt:

Never seen them;:4ganondorf:,:4falco:,:4jigglypuff:,:4luigi:,:4drmario:

I hate so bad Yoshi, it's buff it's like a dino on crack, you can't just get a break.
Rosaluma I dont even have to talk about that *****'s problem D:
Sheiks, veeeery fast don't let you breath spam needles and bouncing fish
Sonic, just annoying.
Little mac, most seen online, I have problems with his edgeguard, I kinda know how to play against them but their edgeguard ****s me up sometimes.

Bonus; My mains or the one I enjoy playing Atm; :4falcon:,:4ganondorf:,:4mario:,:4dedede:,:4darkpit:,:4bowser:,:4peach:,:4sheik:.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
These guys are pretty common for me: :4littlemac:, :4lucina:, :4lucario:, :4ganondorf:

Sorta common: :4mario:, :4rob:, :4pikachu:, :4jigglypuff:,:4ness:, :4palutena:

Never see: :4darkpit:, :4pit:, :4fox:, :4zelda:

Top Bottom