• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters getting the axe

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
if they DO take Roy out, I'll find some way to sew them :mad:

they should take out IC, G&W and .. Sheik give Ganondorf his sword, make it so he can transform i to a MUCH SLOWER form of GANON and then uimm I guesss that's it

Stryks

Smash Hero
Axe:
All clones except for Ganon and falco (new moveset)
IC
Mr G&W
Roy for Ike
Mewtwo n bowser(if they dont give them a better moveset)

Eaode

Smash Champion
Why would they take out Mewtwo and Bowser? Just because they're not good in melee?? That makes no sense. They will make them better. And even if they don't, they are way too important to be axed.

EDIT: lol @Tirkaro

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey wanted to make the post lopnger lol, I was joking a bit in the bowser n mewtwo thing, bowser deserves a better moveset, same as mewtwo, bowser has WAY too much lag, e's incredibly easy, and mewtwo has some good moves, but hes too light. too slow and could have a bit more power, glad i got that off my chest XD...

Kalaquinn

Smash Apprentice
Axe

Mario - Because he's in too many games already. Who really needs another Mario game.
Link - ditto
Pikachu - Because all the casual gamers, much bigger market than the hardcore I assure you, think Pokemon are lame.
Shiek and Jiggles - Because nobody knows their gender, and Nintendo wouldn't want to be political.
Captain Falcon - No, I don't want to see your nipples anymore, stupid Falcon.
Bowser - Who's this overweight dragon. Boring.
Marth - Because I thought Smash was about skill.

Keep
G&W - Because he's old school, and as we all know, Sakurai's really looking into old school.
Roy - Stop spreading these false rumors about Sigurd being axed for Roy in Melee. It was going to be the other way around; luckily, Sakurai stepped in and put the right character in. Roy is our boy.
Pichu - Dude. Pichu is hardcore. If you win with Pichu, you have real Smash skillz, not some bogus wavedashing, shffl, l-cancel bs, where you cheat the system to win. Pichu plays by the rules and you hate him for it. Go figure, cheaters.
Young Link - Who are you grown-up people? Link grown up is even more of a pushover than his younger self. He's like, the same character, just older. At least he's like five now, and not his lame adult self, who wears those stupid white tights. In real life, you never judge the adult by the child version; it's always vice versa.
Doctor Mario - He's only a clone because Mario's in the game. Get rid of Mario, and the Doctor is in.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Axe

Mario - Because he's in too many games already. Who really needs another Mario game.
Link - ditto
Pikachu - Because all the casual gamers, much bigger market than the hardcore I assure you, think Pokemon are lame.
Shiek and Jiggles - Because nobody knows their gender, and Nintendo wouldn't want to be political.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Axe

Link - ditto

Keep
G&W - Because he's old school, and as we all know, Sakurai's really looking into old school.
Roy - Stop spreading these false rumors about Sigurd being axed for Roy in Melee. It was going to be the other way around; luckily, Sakurai stepped in and put the right character in. Roy is our boy.
Pichu - Dude. Pichu is hardcore. If you win with Pichu, you have real Smash skillz, not some bogus wavedashing, shffl, l-cancel bs, where you cheat the system to win. Pichu plays by the rules and you hate him for it. Go figure, cheaters.
Young Link - Who are you grown-up people? Link grown up is even more of a pushover than his younger self. He's like, the same character, just older. At least he's like five now, and not his lame adult self, who wears those stupid white tights. In real life, you never judge the adult by the child version; it's always vice versa.
Doctor Mario - He's only a clone because Mario's in the game. Get rid of Mario, and the Doctor is in.
For ur sake u better be kiddin about Mario...

Eaode

Smash Champion
Axe

Link - ditto

Keep

*copyright Tirkaro

DokturSea

Smash Lord
seiriosly!?!?!?
can i getta link (iggy k) plz thnx in advance, anyway all that i said still stands, discuss
Yeah, it's called smashbros.com. The IC's and GAW being cut has mysteriously "failed" to be added to the website. Funniest thing.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Axe

Link - ditto

Keep

I agree on every single point.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You know I'm being sarcastic. My avatar has Mario in it. Plus I'm sure that guy was kidding too. Then again I might be worrying for nothing but this sacasm is started to hurt my head...

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Axe

Link - ditto

Keep
Pray that I don't have a chainsaw. PRAY.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I don't see why everyone's saying that G&W and IC should be cut. They deserve a spot in Brawl more than Sheik or Falco.

And to the person who said that there are multiple Links so Young Link should be in: that could be said about Zelda and Ganon too. No one wants multiple Zeldas and multiple Ganons in the game. However, when I heard that YLink is going to be in Melee, I was hoping for a mage-Link. I missed his spells and the sword projectile in the original Smash. And since Zelda might get another moveset, it might not be such a bad idea.

Kalaquinn

Smash Apprentice
And playboy Link should have a sword, leather boots, white tights and a fairy =P

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Actually, while there are multiple Links and Zeldas, there is only one Gannon. He just keeps coming back.

The most obvious characters I see getting cut are Pichu, Doc and Y.Link, with Roy and possibly Falco just behind him (though he has got popularity). Seeing as as Gannon is one of the 3 main reps for Zelda, they won't take him out.

For origional characters it's debateable. G&W and Ice Climbers are often put up by people, but I'd rather they stayed. Sheik may also go, but as I doubt any frachise will end with less representation, they might keep her as there aren't that many highly recognisable characters from Zelda. The rest of the characters are pretty much safe, except for either Jiggs or Mewtwo being replaced by other pokemon, but they are both too well known and popular that I doubt it.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Pichu is being replaced with Lucario

And for those who freak out and say "0mg r3411y?!?!11!1/ wh3r3 d1d u h34r 7h47?!?!1", I don't know for sure, it would just be the best choice.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It was a sarcastic remark. And what you said was the point I was trying to get across.

Um, you DO realise the difficulty of sensing sarcasm over the internet, right?

Well, we're on the same side anyway, so it's pointless to continue this.

Eaode

Smash Champion
sarcasm is not that hard to sense over the internet. When someone says something completely stupid like take out mario or the shine sucks, Especially if it contradicts themself, you can bet they're being sarcastic.

Eaode

Smash Champion
^^ 333 posts uncle kenny, congratulations.

Yeah, they should just have mario, racoon mario, fludd mario, frog mario, cape mario, link, young link, deku link, goron link, zora link, FD link, giant link, and bunny hood link.

Oh and don't forget samus, Zamus, gravity suit samus, varia suit samus, wave beam samus, plasma beam samus, light and dark beam samus, and dark samus. That should fill the roster.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^^ 333 posts uncle kenny, congratulations.

Yeah, they should just have mario, racoon mario, fludd mario, frog mario, cape mario, link, young link, deku link, goron link, zora link, FD link, giant link, and bunny hood link.

Oh and don't forget samus, Zamus, gravity suit samus, varia suit samus, wave beam samus, plasma beam samus, light and dark beam samus, and dark samus. That should fill the roster.
You forgot Fire Mario, Dark Link, and Fusion Suit Samus. YOU CAN'T HAVE A GOODMATCH WITHOUT THEM!!!11!1!!1N00B!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Alright here we go:
1. Ax Young Link, we don't need the same character in a different form.
2. Ax Dr. Mario, same as above.
3. Ax Pichu, do I need to explain why? His own trophy was making fun of him for God's sake.
4. Change Ganondorf's moveset, give him a sword or dark magic, and make him faster.
5. Luigify Falco or drop him.
6. Luigify Roy or drop him.
7. Make Bowser faster and for God's sake give him a moveset that doesn't suck.
8. Make Mewtwo stronger, heavier, faster, BETTER.
9. G&W and the IC can stay but if they have to go, I won't die of shock.

Heed my words of wisdom and agree with me or else!

The Bum

Smash Cadet
I main Doc and i really don't want him to go. He is the only clone better than the original (forgot who said that). I would be fine if they made him a costume but they would have to make him have the same moves. They will probaly get rid of him though so there is no point in hoping I guess. Sigh.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I agree with luigifying Roy, but I'm pretty biased towards it because he's my main. I think the most important thing is that Pichu gets axed. And I wouldn't be amazed if Ice Climbers, Dr. Mario or Y. Link vanished from the roster as well. But as for the others I'd kinda like it they stayed... but if Roy goes then I don't care who else does.

(Having said this I do fear that Roy is going to meet the axe... right now I'm living in hope)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I main Doc and i really don't want him to go. He is the only clone better than the original (forgot who said that). I would be fine if they made him a costume but they would have to make him have the same moves. They will probaly get rid of him though so there is no point in hoping I guess. Sigh.

I main the good doctor also, his special message was the best in the game. But unfortunately he is way too ax worthy. It took a while, but I decided I would just get good with Mario instead. Although it would be smart to make him a costume with the same stats.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I main the good doctor also, his special message was the best in the game. But unfortunately he is way too ax worthy. It took a while, but I decided I would just get good with Mario instead. Although it would be smart to make him a costume with the same stats.
or they could just fuse Dr. mario's stats with mario >.>

Deathreaver780

Smash Ace
G&W <<<<<:smash:
Doc. Mario<<<<<:chainsaw:
Young Link (already confirmed as Wind Waker Link)
:uzi: >>>>>Mewtwo
Roy<<<<<:smiliegor

ganondorf should be faster and should have his sword or dark magic as Uncle Kenny said
pichu<<<<<:bigrocket
and last but not least bowser should also be a bit faster and get a new moveset (HE SOO SLOW)lol

Top Bottom