• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters can no longer pass through each other - How will this specifically affect the Smash Bros meta game as a whole?

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Also, you are directly downplaying how it is night identical to parrying in the SF3 games. Both can be done when idling
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Powershield#In_Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate
"Powershielding in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate functions completely differently than in previous games. It now requires the player to release the shield button when an attack connects against their shield, instead of the other way around."
Do you not know what "idling" means? It means doing nothing. You can't be doing nothing and then be able to power shield, like in previous games. You must be shielding.
Observe: https://www.ssbwiki.com/images/6/6f/PerfectShieldUltimate.gif
Can't upload here because it says the file is too large for the server.

And no, I'm not downplaying anything. I already acknowledged in what respect tr45h's system resembles 3rd Strike's, whilst also pointing out in what aspects it does not, which you have ignored, as if you are the one who actually doesn't understand how parrying works. In 3rd Strike, you don't have to hold back to block, then forward to parry---you can just press forward to parry. In tr45h, you have to block before you parry---the very nature of which action consumes more frames than simply attempting a parry out of nowhere.

You can, we have seen it happen many times since the invitational at E3.
Perhaps if your attacks are slow and spaced out, which is not what I meant anyway.

That said, the fact that you are using the term "tr45h" proves that you are simply trolling and are dead set on disliking the game
Yes, because I call a game bad, it means I don't actually know what I'm talking about regarding said game---indeed, anyone who actually understands the game couldn't help but love it!

so nothing you post means anything in this conversation any longer.
Okay, feel free to not reply anymore.

Also, I like how a mod warns me for trolling just because some user accuses me of trolling while also clearly not grasping the purpose of the "offending" post.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
This, in theory, should help out slow characters. Anything that nerfs faster characters without actually nerfing their speed is a great mechanic to me.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
You can't be doing nothing and then be able to power shield, like in previous games
In tr45h, you have to block before you parry---the very nature of which action consumes more frames than simply attempting a parry out of nowhere
Wrong on all accounts. Simply tapping the button constitutes releasing shield, which means you can still powershield out of idle. Before, if you were late on your attempt, you would be shielding and safe. Now you won't be. So AGAIN you clearly don't know what you are talking about on this subject, especially since you think moves must be "slow and spaced out to be multi-powershielded, which is blatantly untrue.

As for getting mad about being called out for your trolling, I guess you could always just be more respectful and less derogatory. But you are right, I guess I'll stop responding to your posts now and simply ignore you. You don't seem to want to understand the new system.

Last edited:

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Wrong on all accounts. Simply tapping the button constitutes releasing shield
How can you release a shield you don't have up?
Oh wait---it's impossible. Again, you have to SHIELD BEFORE YOU CAN DROP SAID SHIELD.
Sure, shield comes out on frame 1, as per this Smashwiki article.
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Shield#Technical_details
Doing some digging to double check, I found this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...lding_why_arent_people_talking_about/e0mesd3/
"From GimR: New parry mechanic has a window of at least 4 frames and it actually freezes the opponent in place in their hitlag to give you time to punish... I feel like multi hit moves are gonna be garbage in Smash Bros Ultimate. You just shield and let go before the last hit and then punish."
Now you didn't respond to this, but it turns out that it doesn't consume as many frames as I thought---but it is not 0. So I can admit I was wrong about it being a much longer time, but I am still not wrong about the necessity of having shield up, which you strangely deny.
So AGAIN you clearly don't know what you are talking about on this subject, especially since you think moves must be "slow and spaced out to be multi-powershielded, which is blatantly untrue.
It remains to be seen whether fast hits get stunned enough, like big hits, to see whether this matters.
As for getting mad about being called out for your trolling
You clearly have the notion that trolling means "posting things I don't like". I've dealt with such thinkers as yourself before.
But you are right, I guess I'll stop responding to your posts now and simply ignore you.
Cool.

ps_

Banned via Warnings
What about with team attack on?

And yes, Bowser being a giant sack of flesh now means he can use that flesh to control the stage instead of just being easier to hit.
Depends on frame data. No use in being a big, immovable target if your opponent hits you first.

Top Bottom