• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character you'd look forward to unlocking MOST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayabi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-8537-6804
The ones I want to play, meaning Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Zero Suit Samus and Inkling

Maikou

Smash Ace
I can't wait to get Pichu so I can decimate Ridley with the electric fluffball. I also kinda want to get Young Link and have him fight Bayonetta to unlock her, since the Hero of Time fighting a time-manipulating witch is just kind of awesome.

Iridium

Smash Hero
For me? Eh, probably :ultgreninja:. But :ultlucario:, :ultroy:, :ulttoonlink:, :ultwolf:, :ultmewtwo:, :ultshulk: are among the contenders.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Brawl was my childhood. I spent most of my free time with that game even a year after Smash 4's release, If I had a GameCube, I would probably have actively played Melee as well. I am excited to unlock almost all veterans not in Smash 4 because they all remind me of the game I know and still love. Also, my favorite characters from Brawl were literally Snake, Wolf, Marth, Pokemon Trainer, and Ice Climbers, but Sakurai cut 4/5 of them from Smash 4. I am also looking forward to see Young Link and Pichu in action because they were only in Melee, a game I only ever played once at my cousin's house.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
If there was a quick way to unlock specific characters, then I'd go for these first:

:ultpokemontrainer::ultroy::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultbowserjr::ultridley::ultinkling::ultzelda::ultgreninja:

That said, I get the feeling it'll be random unlocks or unlocks in order of appearance since they're really pimping that numbers thing. Though if you can specifically avoid unlocking specific characters then I'd try to not grab :ultbayonetta: as long as possible

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
It's a tough choice. :ultkingdedede:'s my old main and all, but there are a whole heaping ton of characters I wanna try out. :ultinkling::ultridley::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultpit::ultcloud::ultpokemontrainer::ultshulk::ultdaisy: are all high up, and I'm more low-key interested in playing, like, half the rest of the roster!

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Can’t wait to unlock:ultmewtwo: after 20 hrs then :ultpokemontrainer: after 40 hrs. (Don’t turn off the Switch Dad...)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I need Wario, Bowser, Snake, and I pretty much want all new characters as quickly as possible. Those new character unlocks is what’s going to make this game feel like a new game after all.

The Banana

Smash Rookie
:ultpokemontrainer: is definitely the one I'm most hyped about. He looks incredibly fun and once I get him, he'll probably be the only person I'll use while unlocking everyone else.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
The lame answer is everyone because I want to see how they all play. Second lame answer is the new characters because I haven't played them before (Ridley and Inklings are very interesting).

However, putting actual thought into unlocking, it'd probably have to go something like this:
:ultridley:#1 Ridley has a pretty good chance to become a main or at least a good secondary. His moveset looks like it could be really fun. However, I'd have to play him first.
:ultmetaknight:#2 Meta Knight, my Smash 4 main. I want to see the changes to his moveset. Only change I know of so far is that his Down Smash so above him vertically on both hits now, whereas in smash 4 it barely even goes half way. That's a pretty big difference. I doubt his moves will change outside of minor stuff, so I'm hoping those tweaks will make his gameplay more varied and hopefully sped up.
:ultwolf:#3 Wolf O'Donnell was my most played character in Brawl because he felt so good. I look forward to trying him again. I'm very afraid they might decide to make Wolf incredibly slow.
:ultlucario:#4 Lucario was Meta Knight's rival to be my main for a long time. I'm very curious to see how aura works in Ultimate and if they changed his moves at all. Aint gonna lie, I miss his dair letting him stay in the air a lot longer in Brawl.
:ultinkling:#5 I'm in a Splatoon discord, so playing Inkling is practically going to be mandatory. Besides, a speedy zoner sounds right up my alley.
:ultpichu:#6 I never played Pichu competitively ever, but everyitme I ever played Pichu, I had among the best times I ever had when I was playing Melee. The way Pichu plays is a lot more interesting than the way Pikachu plays in my limited experience of playing the 2 in Melee. I look forward to trying Pichu in Smash Ultimate. I play with a Pikachu main quite a bit, I look forward to being his inexperienced little buddy. Who knows? Maybe I'll become a Pishu main.
:ultmiifighters:#7 In case you don't have access from the start. They were a blast to play in Sm4sh, but I never got the chance to use them against human opponents seriously because I was unable to practice since they can't be used when playing random people.
Then after that it gets a bit hard to decide who I'd like to pick first. Not in order at all here:
:ultshulk::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultsheik::ultdarkpit::ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultfalco::ultcorrin::ultcloud::ultfalcon::ultbayonetta::ultzss::ultrobin:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultganondorf:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Truth be told, I am most hopeful for maybe just 1 character that I did not know about upon the release of the game, like when I played Melee for the first time and found out about Mr Game and Watch (I already knew about Mewtwo, which is why I actually tried Smash in the first place)

Out of who is presently revealed that I am most excited to unlock. :ultridley:#1 :ultmewtwo:#2 :ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:#3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom