• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character that makes you the most frustrated?

LivingSunshine

Smash Rookie
As the title says, which characters make you the most upset to play against? We aren't talking about balance here, just which character makes you the most annoyed? This also isn't a thread to bash other people's opinions or anything. Just a venting place.

For me, it's Lucario. At his early percents he can combo you, and at his later percents he can kill you REALLY REALLY early. Even without his high percent he can kill with a well placed aerial. Even if you're winning, you're losing against him. It's just really annoying.

D

Deleted member

Brawl Kirby when he uses his Final Smash. He throws too much salt in the soup pot when he's boiling me.

PotatoChief

Smash Cadet
even after nerfs Diddy Kong gets on my nerves. him and his stupid banana bull****

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
A lot of characters in this game make me frustrated (the majority of newcomers are completely unfun to play against even if you're winning), but the worst has to be Little Mac. Not because he's OP or anything to do with his character, but because the people who play him are almost always haymaker-spamming scrubs or roll-spamming griefers. They're super easy to beat if you know how to shield and down smash, but it's still a chore to fight against people like that and there's no sense of accomplishment from winning.

even after nerfs Diddy Kong gets on my nerves. him and his stupid banana bull****
If you think bananas are bad now, go watch some Brawl Diddy. Literally his entire game is based around those bananas.

Last edited:

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Sonic, I do not like playing agaisnt Sonic's because it feels like it always goes or gets close to timeout. They are super annoying to fight.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
When it comes to playing with my friends, there's no doubt its Charizard. I really really really hate everything about Flare Blitz.

Otherwise, Rosalina and her living shield are a pain. Sonic is also annoying as he wont sit still and drags the matches on far too long.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Lucario frustrates me immensely. He is my second-least favorite Pokémon and the game rewards you for getting beat up as him in the form of a powerful projectile, ridiculous reach, some of the best recovery in the game and a counter. Not to mention immense power.
Losing to that dreadful furbait is infuriating!

ZSS is another annoying character. Not only does she have great combo and killing potential, as well as a stunning move... she's just... so boring. She is the least inspired character on the roster. She's literally just "sexy woman with no personality". I cannot fathom how anyone could like a character like that.

ROB, both Links and Samus are annoying for spamming projectiles. Simple as that.

Rosalina seems to have crazy good frame data and seems to be able to hit you more than you get to hit her. Even if you're on-par with her, it always seems like she's a few steps ahead.

And Sonic... oh, I do love your series, but do you really deserve a top tier placement? No, not really. SEGA has been immensely disappointing in the last couple of years. Couple that with his ridiculously safe moves, amazing speed, hardly any moves that are easy to punish and reliable kill-options, you got one tough customer.
I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!!!

To a lesser extent, the Kid Icarus characters are annoying, not because they are enfuriating to fight, but rather because I quite frankly can't stand the writing in KI:U. Especially Pit, that spineless memelord!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Olimar, Rosaluma, Lucario and Ness.

Really, any character that can easily outsmart me just raises my hackles.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I have a list right here (in no particular order):
R.O.B.: While I compliment R.O.B. for having incredible spacing ability and recovery, that Gyro always gives me hell. Every time I fight R.O.B., it always becomes a war of attrition and a very mindnumbing one at that.
Dedede: Dem Gordos, man. Always a pain.
Samus: My god, much like R.O.B., fighting Samus is always a war of attrition, and that Neutral Special is the bane of my existence.
Zelda: This has to do more with one move rather than Zelda herself. I hate when Zelda players always try to get that Up Special knockback kill. I swear, that thing needs to be nerfed because that has driven me insane.
JigglyPuff: Rest, B-Air, constant floating, do I even need to go on?
Link: Arrows... arrows everywhere!
Ness: PK Fire spam, back throw. Basically all you need to know.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4yoshi: the Jigglypuff match up is quite a pain, even after getting experienced with it, luckily my brother seconds him, so I can work on that.
:4robinm: His aerials out-range mine, and his play-style commands that he goes to shield often, which is detrimental for me. Really shouldn't be a problem, but my own shortcomings make it one.
:4sonic: Hedgehog with a attitude, and his attitude is really what makes him so obnoxious, I don't want to wait for a opportunity to punish him, I just want to kick the ever-loving crap out of this cocky hedgehog. I swear I'd be more patient if it wasn't for the fact that the character basically eggs you on. And then, if he wins, "THAT WAS ALMOST TOO EASY!" is what you'll hear, and I promise you, you'll feel at least some sort of anger at our dear Sanic. Add the fact that he basically wins the match up with my character the moment he gets a stock lead, and i think you'll see why he annoys me, although I have absolutely no ill feeling towards his players.

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
:4zss:Long ranged grab and amazing combos.

:4feroy: Kills me at 50 sometimes.

:4ness: That Back throw.

:rosalina: Just annoying to fight.

:4luigi: Can Nair out of any combo and can combo you right back with no problem.

:4sonic: See Rosalina

:4fox: Not a fan of the ditto matchup.

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
I know I'm not alone when I say :rosalina:Rosalina. There are many reasons why. You just can't punish her the same way you punish other characters... Master combo breaker.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
There's not many, but there's a certain few who can get me severely frustrated at times for different reasons...

:4yoshi:Yoshi:
I don't know what it is about Yoshi exactly, but I can never manage to beat any Yoshi player I face. His power and defense is pretty good and not to mention he's got just about all ranges covered. It seems like nothing I can do is effective enough against him.

:4sonic:Sonic:
It's rare that I ever come across a Sonic player in FG, but when I do most just spin to win. I actually found one yesterday who did nothing but spin to win, spring, and Down Air. It wouldn't of been so bad if they didn't apparently remove the Down Air end lag when he lands. It seems as if that Sonic could instantly roll away after landing with that move which got on my nerves big time.

:4ness:Ness:
The only time I get frustrated with a Ness is if they spam both PK Fire and PK Thunder. I know how to defend against both fairly well so Ness doesn't always give me a hard time on 1V1s; however, when it's 2V2? People really like to take advantage of the openings PK spam creates, not to mention the teammate themselves also usually create openings for said PK spam.

:4falcon:Captain Falcon:
It's also rare for me to find a Captain Falcon on FG whether it's 1V1 or 2V2, but when I do I seem to come across the most obnoxious, cocky players that could ever main Captain Falcon. I don't think I've ever went against a respectful Captain Falcon player in FG. Basically, the only thing that frustrates me about Captain Falcon is the players obnoxious personalities that play him.

Last edited:

PotatoChief

Smash Cadet
If you think bananas are bad now, go watch some Brawl Diddy. Literally his entire game is based around those bananas.
I know thats part of why I still hate him even after all these nerfs. I dont forgive and forget that easy lol

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4palutena::4feroy::4shulk:

Reason: Should be obvious (Hint: something that all these nine characters have).
THEY ALL BREATHE AIR.

THEY ALL HAVE TWO EYES.

THEY ALL HAVE SKIN.

Really, though, are counters that frustrating?

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
:4link:-Hate everything about him...I don't like his game, I hate the way he looks, I hate his voice, and I hate how Toon Link is forced to compete with him. (No one ever considers he should be cut or shouldn't be in the game because TL is the clone)

#2 :4rob:-Because Beep Boop, spacing, and not a video game character. (Nintendo's love tester or the seattle mariners should of got in over him)

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Most characters I can deal with, but I notice that I tend to do rather poorly against Peach, Rosalina and Olimar. Peach is hard to fight because of her counter, her turnips, and because of how she hits stupidly hard sometimes. Rosalina's difficult because Luma acts as her second shield, her rolls are near impossible to punish, and she tends to have rather large hitboxes. Olimar's small size and ability to rack up a lot of damage in a short amount of time makes him a pain to fight.

Then again, I only bump into but so many characters on For Glory and other online modes.

ZaelSword

Smash Rookie
Since I have such a hard time dealing with shield grabbers online I'd say anyone that can get over 20% off a grab or even get a kill off it, the most honorable mentions would be: :4falcon:, :4mario:, :4ness:, :4luigi: and now :4feroy:.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:4falcon: Every time I play For Glory, he's everywhere. All use the exact same overused combo and I every time I lose to them, I feel like a dumbass. Also the main reason why I get so redundant to play as him myself. I've never fought a Captain Falcon user with creative combos in a long while.
:4littlemac: As a Mac user myself, I don't enjoy ditto matches. And dealing with people who dash attack uncontrollably and abusing his smash attacks is bad enough...but against competent Macs? They're a nightmare.
:4link: Gale Boomerangs, arrows, roll and repeat. That's all I can. They're making a bad name for Links mains like myself.
:4mario: Down throw to spamming up tilt is all I can say about the fat plumber.
:4ness: PK Fire to any throws or forward smash is all I can say.
:rosalina: I love Rosalina. She's my favorite Mario series character ever. However, just like Little Mac, as a Rosalina main, I literally don't like ditto matches.
:4samus: Same reason as Link and Ness.
:4sonic: This guy is a disease.
:4tlink: Same with Link.

The rest of them I have no problem with.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
By far,:4falco:has to be the least fun character to be up against. He camps you out with lasers, and if you try to camp him out, he either reflects whatever you have to throw at him, or he just hits you with another flinch laser before you're even able to attack. That flinch Blaster just makes fighting this guy a chore... Thankfully, I almost never see him online, so I rarely have to put up with his bull****.
Dishonorable mentions go to:4zelda::4ness::4mario::4villager::4ganondorf:and:4pikachu:.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
:4lucario:-Rewards the player for being bodied with Aura on top of Rage, counters, and stupidly huge recovery with Aura. Overall I just can't stand this walking talking beanie baby.

:4luigi:-Probably as braindead as Shiek. Plus I'm annoyed at how Sakurai turned Luigi from his cowardly but eager self into just a complete awkward weirdo since Brawl and Smash 4.

:rosalina:-Flavor of the month space waifu that uses her children as a meat shield. Can't wait for space travel to develop more so we can get social services up there after her.
:4link:-Hate everything about him...I don't like his game, I hate the way he looks, I hate his voice, and I hate how Toon Link is forced to compete with him. (No one ever considers he should be cut or shouldn't be in the game because TL is the clone)
Nice ****post.

I mostly play against lv. 9 CPUs (don't play online much), so yes, they are.
Smash 4 lvl 9 CPUs are literally the most counter happy things in any video game ever.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Omega stage mode is the For Glory character that frustates me most in the game. :troll:

No, seriously, characters like :4megaman: annoy me so much because of this easy mode "Final Destination only" crud we got.

EDIT:There's quite the number of Links on this page!

Last edited:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
:4diddy: Because he is SO annoying.
:4lucas: Because I always get destroyed by one.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
As the title says, which characters make you the most upset to play against? We aren't talking about balance here, just which character makes you the most annoyed? This also isn't a thread to bash other people's opinions or anything. Just a venting place.

For me, it's Lucario. At his early percents he can combo you, and at his later percents he can kill you REALLY REALLY early. Even without his high percent he can kill with a well placed aerial. Even if you're winning, you're losing against him. It's just really annoying.
Link and Rosalina by far.
Shortly by Sonic

Years later come other chars like ZSS/Olimar

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Probably a good Pikachu. This is mostly frustrating because I have no idea how to fight them, and it feels like a foregone loss before the match has even begun.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Rosalina seems to have crazy good frame data and seems to be able to hit you more than you get to hit her.
Actually, Rosalina's frame data is rather subpar. None of her moves are particularly fast. Luma, on the other hand, has some great frames.
Anyway, for me, it would be the Blue Cancer known as Sonic. His playstyle is so ******** that I don't think I've ever had a match that didn't almost go to Sudden Death. I still want to know what illegal substance Sakurai and his team were using when designing Sonic.

Storm Erion

Smash Cadet
:4yoshi: - I REALLY hate how he has to have so much air control. He can just bob and weave in the air and it makes getting sent offstage much more of a pain. At least :4jigglypuff: is lightweight, but :4yoshi: is tied with :4link: and :4falcon: in weight for some ungodly reason.

Last edited:

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider
:4kirby: , :4pikachu:
As a WFT main these two are annoying as hell because ftilts and grabs just go right over their heads half the time

Spatman

Smash Ace
in For Glory:
Little Mac. This char shouldn't be included in Smash as a playable fighter.
Then I don't like playing against WFT, Kirby & Jigglypuff, Yoshi

in Real Life:
LUIGI. This char must to be nerfed to death! ...no, really, he deserves some little nerfs, and big nerfs to Luigi's Tornado and that RIDICULOUS nair

Moreover, I don't like characters with animations and hitboxes that don't coincide, and characters whose body's elements / hitboxes enlarge excessively, such as all Yoshi's moves, Sonic's fsmash, Luigi's grab, Marth upsmash which hit also down forward and back, Villager's upair, dair, pocket and sometimes the tree, and some Rosalina's moves

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
:4yoshi: - I REALLY hate how he has to have so much air control. He can just bob and weave in the air and it makes getting sent offstage much more of a pain. At least :4jigglypuff: is lightweight, but :4yoshi: is tied with :4link: and :4falcon: in weight for some ungodly reason.
Something that bugs me too..

How heavy was yoshi in past smash games?
Did he get a weight buff?

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Agreed with also those. :4yoshi: mains give me such a tough time. :4link: has great smash attacks and projectiles and can be really tricky to deal with. :4falcon: is just fast and hits hard. His punishes can be so brutal that it makes me nervous every time I see :4falcon:. I also have a pretty tough time with very skilled :4lucina: and :4marth:. They can build up combos really quickly before I can even touch them. ;~;

Top Bottom